Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-08-2007, 03:59 PM    (permalink
Breaker
Rookie

Breaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Matt Schuab

Scott can you give me your scouting report on him from 2004 draft please?

Also what did everyone think of him coming out? Where was he projected to go before the injury and after the injury?
Breaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 03:17 AM    (permalink
Phrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breaker View Post
Scott can you give me your scouting report on him from 2004 draft please?

Also what did everyone think of him coming out? Where was he projected to go before the injury and after the injury?
Dude this sucks for you, no replies at all. I feel for ya, so I decided to post something. No info about Schuab from me though.
Old 04-09-2007, 03:31 AM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He was always a third round pick.

Coming from Virginia under Groh he had an NFL pedigree and spent his entire collegiate career being prepare in a pro style system. He played in a west coast system and had pretty good triangle numbers.

His accuracy is good but not great and his arm strength would be what you call the league average, his deep ball tends to sail.

When under pressure he gets happy feet and his mechanics go out the door, he'll make some poor decisions under pressure like tucking and running too early, can be prone to fumbling. His mechanics and problems under pressure mean he needs to be given time to set up and deliver, when he does he'll be effective.

imo, He's very much a mix of Jake Delhomme and David Carr.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 10:03 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think he's a lot like Matt Hasselbeck, except with a better arm. It may take him some work, and some stern coaching, to rein him in. Like Hasselbeck, I might add.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 10:24 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There are a few coaches who could take care of a raw talent like this and turn him into a star. Kubiak is on that list.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 11:17 AM    (permalink
marks01234
Veteran

marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not sure he has a stronger arm than Hasselback.

Schuab has always had decent arm strength. He is going to be below average for starting QBs. His intelligence, short accuracy and decision making are some of the best coming out of college that I can remember (outside of maybe Rivers).
marks01234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 11:20 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hmm, short accuracy and decision-making seem to be the hallmarks of successful WCO QB's... Interesting!

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 11:56 AM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

heres internet archive
http://www.archive.org/index.php
unfortunately I cant get to the positional rankings from back then.
Old 04-09-2007, 02:33 PM    (permalink
Incinerator
Rookie

Incinerator hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Strengths: Has good size and the frame to get a little bigger...Decent arm...Accurate...Shows good mechanics on a consistent basis...Good touch and timing...More of a game manager than a game breaker.

Weaknesses: Not very athletic...Struggles with the deep ball...Needs to work on his anticipation and timing.

Notes: May never be a superstar at the next level but good end up being a solid starting quarterback...Could sneak into late round one but round two or three is more likely.

- Scott Wright
Incinerator is offline   Reply With Quote