Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

Old 04-08-2007, 05:26 PM    (permalink
woodnick
Veteran

woodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair
Default Ernie Sims recognition

It looks like we're not the only ones that think that we got something special in Enrie Sims:

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/insid...ory?id=2826621

Sims viewed as one of the top 5 up and comers on D is speaking volumes for his ability.
woodnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 06:39 PM    (permalink
Notredameleo
Pro Bowler

Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dont have insider, who is in the top 5?
Old 04-08-2007, 06:42 PM    (permalink
TheChampIsHere
Veteran

TheChampIsHere hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

im a big ernie sims fan. I think he will be a legit star soon, hes undersized and plays for the Lions though, so it hurts his publicity.
TheChampIsHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 07:15 PM    (permalink
woodnick
Veteran

woodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

In no particular order:
Bart Scott
Luis Castillo
Demarcus Ware
AJ Hawk
Ernie Sims

Matt Williamson acknowledged that there are others deserving such as Pac Man, Kerry Rhodes, and Haloti Ngata. These are players "on the cusp of being perennial Pro bowl defenders" so people like Merriman don't count because he's already there.
Old 04-09-2007, 10:50 AM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i stil say that ernie sims is better than hawk
Old 04-09-2007, 11:46 AM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Glad to see Sims getting some recognition. As I've said before, I think after this season a lot of teams will be regretting passing him up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!
ironman4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 12:06 PM    (permalink
woodnick
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by detroit4life View Post
i stil say that ernie sims is better than hawk
They are different types of players, but in our scheme, I agree that Ernie Sims is better for us.
Old 04-09-2007, 02:14 PM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

our scheme and the packers scheme are the same arent they i thought all 4 teams in our division run a cover 2 i could be wrong tho
Old 04-09-2007, 02:21 PM    (permalink
Maybe Next Year Millen2
Veteran

Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the Packers are the only team that doesn't run a Cover 2.
Maybe Next Year Millen2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 06:22 PM    (permalink
woodnick
Veteran

The pack run a straight 4-3.
Old 04-10-2007, 03:46 AM    (permalink
reinar
Rookie

reinar hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i love the 4-3, actually i love the 4-4, the cover 2 is nice as well. and I loved Sims. cant wait to add a Patrick Willis with him, and give him some CB support and a pass rush

anyone saying first 3-4 picks are Defense? (MLB, CB, DE, CB)

Come on Millen, trade down, get some extra 2nd rounders, and fill up the Defense with willis in the first, and the other 3 in the 2nd.
reinar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 08:26 AM    (permalink
jbombul
Rookie

jbombul hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.jbombul hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

do you know that ernie sims was the top rated highschooler coming out ahead of reggie bush?? hes been athletic and gifted his whole life and continued to improve, no reason to support that he will drop off.
jbombul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 10:35 PM    (permalink
dreadedluck

Ernie is good but hey we needed an inside linebacker didnt we? And at 9 overall he was taken high, but I guess Millen couldnt trade down. Top 5.....why not with a terrible defense and an apple turnover offense he will get plenty of tackles, so did Chris Cash a few years ago