Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 07-06-2006, 04:50 PM    (permalink
jkpigskin
Pro Bowler

jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Should i make default sigs for new members?

in the past we have had problems with new members asking for sigs with very little post count and sig makers(including myself) do not want to make sigs for them b/c we dont konw if they will be active..... so i got an idea that scar had on a diff site to make default sigs for all 32 teams and a new user could use that until they could ask for a custom sig.... i just want your input if newbs deserve sigs and such.... and if these sigs are appropiate for them... scar's sigs were pretty nice

Go Ravens!
jkpigskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 04:53 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you are up for it, it'd be an awesome idea, but it's all on if you and other sig makers want to do it.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is online now   Reply With Quote
CGF 216/137

can someone make the sig i requested first :(
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think its a great idea, but I wouldn't be doing all the work. It only makes the site better, and welcomes new users.

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 04:56 PM    (permalink
vatech=accdomination
All-Pro

vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGF 216/137
no hippie

FULL INBOX +REP TO SEND MESSAGE.....
vatech=accdomination is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 04:57 PM    (permalink
jkpigskin
Pro Bowler

jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D
I think its a great idea, but I wouldn't be doing all the work. It only makes the site better, and welcomes new users.
i agree... ive just gotten remarks that newbs dont deserve sigs like those

Go Ravens!
Old 07-06-2006, 04:57 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

perhaps you could get other sig makers and split the teams up so you don't do all the work.
Old 07-06-2006, 04:59 PM    (permalink
CGF 216/137

Quote:
Originally Posted by vatech=accdomination
Quote:
Originally Posted by CGF 216/137
no hippie
Well you won't be a follower of the STC.
Old 07-06-2006, 05:04 PM    (permalink
jkpigskin
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991
perhaps you could get other sig makers and split the teams up so you don't do all the work.
yea atl said he would help me out

Go Ravens!
Old 07-06-2006, 05:14 PM    (permalink
S4L
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, if there's 16 sig makers, each could make two. And we'd also know who the newbies support.

Xbox Live Gamertag: DocSteel92
Rest in peace, Randy Pausch.
S4L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 05:15 PM    (permalink
Vince Lombardi
Pro Bowler

Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've got no problem with new members getting sigs, but it may get a little weird with a bunch of people using the same ones. Maybe it's just me, but the avatar and sig is how I recognize people alot of times, and with a bunch of people using the same ones it may get confusing. IDK though, go for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9
i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.
Vince Lombardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 05:17 PM    (permalink
jkpigskin
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince Lombardi
I've got no problem with new members getting sigs, but it may get a little weird with a bunch of people using the same ones. Maybe it's just me, but the avatar and sig is how I recognize people alot of times, and with a bunch of people using the same ones it may get confusing. IDK though, go for it.
i see your point... since wat makes each sig great is the uniqueness, but it wont be a problem as they will be new on the site....

im gonna try to do at least 2 a day... i just fniished the raiders one

Go Ravens!
Old 07-06-2006, 05:27 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not really a fan of this idea. Hard to tell the difference between people.

Maybe something smaller, like a "bar" or a mini sig.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 05:28 PM    (permalink

Thats the quality of regular sigs. They should be basic, they should EARN better sigs.
Old 07-06-2006, 05:29 PM    (permalink

Default Re: Should i make default sigs for new members?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkpigskin
in the past we have had problems with new members asking for sigs with very little post count and sig makers(including myself) do not want to make sigs for them b/c we dont konw if they will be active..... so i got an idea that scar had on a diff site to make default sigs for all 32 teams and a new user could use that until they could ask for a custom sig.... i just want your input if newbs deserve sigs and such.... and if these sigs are appropiate for them... scar's sigs were pretty nice

its alot ofwork but if your up to it why not
Old 07-06-2006, 05:30 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nice sig by the way, your on a roll, 108 posts in 2 days. We really get to see who you are by your sig and avy.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 05:34 PM    (permalink
Nerv

I like the idea. I think it will help make new users feel welcome and stick around. It would be nice if you could advertise this on the sig threads to get a few other guys to help you out with basic team sigs.
Old 07-06-2006, 05:35 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd still help you out jkpigskin, but I agree with Vince, that a sig and avy is an important part of knowing everyone.
Old 07-06-2006, 05:35 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And besides the sigs you made a too nice.
Old 07-06-2006, 05:37 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

pig, teach me too make those sigs and ill team up with u
then in their sigs, they can say sig by (and then we can make a team name)
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 05:38 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettosermon
Nice sig by the way, your on a roll, 108 posts in 2 days. We really get to see who you are by your sig and avy.
4 is on pace to smash toonster's record. but anyway i think its a good idea but those sigs are too good for guy with 3 posts. i like the small sig idea.
Old 07-06-2006, 05:38 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

for all who say the sigs are too nice, i thihnk thats total BS and not a nice way too welcome new members,
can i have this sig.
no.
y?
because ur a n00b.
i dont see it as an effective welcome, so i think its a mint idea
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 05:39 PM    (permalink
jkpigskin
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds
And besides the sigs you made a too nice.
but i think that since these sigs wont be unique, that the quality wont be that great... and if a new member is really active, he will get a custom sig from a sig maker.... you can tell if a member will be active or not from the start....there are those who gradually post each day and there are people like america and 4 who post like crazy from day 1

Go Ravens!
Old 07-06-2006, 05:41 PM    (permalink
CGF 216/137

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsalltheway
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettosermon
4 is on pace to smash toonster's record. but anyway i think its a good idea but those sigs are too good for guy with 3 posts. i like the small sig idea.
newt had 200+ post per day for a couple of hours. JFK3 had 100+ post per day for most of his posting career.
Old 07-06-2006, 05:41 PM    (permalink
FlutiesDropKick
Pro Bowler

FlutiesDropKick hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.FlutiesDropKick hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i think its a great idea and would do it, if i had any sig making ability. what would be great would be including one post up by the rules that had all the sigs and codes and an explanation of why they are there and such.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephenson86
i think its a mint idea

Sig thanks to VLS

My BC Iggles. (13-4)
FlutiesDropKick is offline   Reply With Quote