Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Jets Team Forum

New York Jets Team Forum Discuss the J-E-T-S

Old 04-08-2007, 06:23 PM    (permalink
morknolle
Rookie

morknolle hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Draft ?s

I am working on putting together a couple mock draft ideas. At the moment I have you guys taking Aaron Ross as Leon Hall, Darrelle Revis, and Chris Houston are all gone. What do you guys think about that move?

Is there any chance you might look at Ben Grubbs? You spent two 1sts on OLine last year and it obviously helped a lot, but it looks to me like you're a little thin at OG and Grubbs would be a very nice addition there and give you a super OLine for a long time, but that might simply be too many high picks in one area of the team. It wouldn't happen, but for that matter it would be interesting if you picked Joe Staley at #25, Staley and Ferguson together would give you on of the most athletic OT combinations in NFL history, but like I said that won't happen, just an interesting thought.

I also have Robert Meachem available, although I think you're pretty solid at WR. You could maybe use better depth but I don't think that requires a 1st round pick.

Anthony Spencer, Jon Beason, and Paul Posluszny are also available if you think you need any help in the LB core.

Tank Tyler is a bit of a reach at #25, but he could be a solid NT for you guys.

Any other ideas for possibilities?
morknolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 08:42 PM    (permalink
jetvilma51
Pro Bowler

jetvilma51 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

im all for drafting oline so i wouldnt mind drafting Grubbs, Staley or Blalock if it came to that. also another guy you didnt name was Charles Johnson even though i like our LB core