Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum

Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum Discuss the Eagles.

Old 04-08-2007, 06:40 PM    (permalink
morknolle
Rookie

morknolle hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Draft ?s

I am working on a mock draft and got stuck at your guy's pick. I see a lot of mocks giving you guys Michael Griffin or Lawrence Timmons, but in my current mock they are both gone at your pick, so any ideas where else to turn?

In my opinion the guys remaining that would be of the most interest to your team would be Brandon Meriweather, Anthony Spencer, and Robert Meachem. Meriweather IMO isn't a reach talent-wise here and could end up being a very nice replacement for Dawkins, and could play some nickel CB for now as well, however with his off-field history he may be considered a bit of a risk here.

Spencer would be a decent DE, although with Jevon Kearse, Darren Howard, Trent Cole, and Jerome McDougle on the roster I don't know that you would need a 1st round DE.

I know you guys don't usually take WRs very high, but your WR core is somewhat lacking in proven talent and Meachem at #26 would be a tempting pick value-wise.

Beason and Posluszny are also available and I've seen several mocks give you guys Posluszny. I don't think your LB core is overly weak, you have some solid older players (Spikes, Trotter) and some young potential (Gocong, Gaither), and in my past mocks you guys wern't fond of me giving you a LB.

There are also a couple OLinemen available (Grubbs, Kalil, Blalock, and Staley) although I don't think that is a concern of yours at all. My current inclination is to go with Meriweather or maybe Posluszny, do you guys have any other suggestions/recommendations?
morknolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 07:18 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

O-line we are set. That is a difficult situation, if this were to happen on draft day we would most likely trade down.

I would probably take Merriweather in this situation, but I doubt the Eagles would go in that direction.
Old 04-08-2007, 07:36 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Simple. Give whoever you gave Griffin Meriweather and give us Griffin. :)
Old 04-08-2007, 07:44 PM    (permalink
jonbrodo17
Rookie

jonbrodo17 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

is Cris Houstan or Aaron Ross there?

sig by Jackalope

RIP VT Students 4/16/07

Vote McCain '08
jonbrodo17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 08:19 PM    (permalink
morknolle
Rookie

morknolle hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbrodo17 View Post
is Cris Houstan or Aaron Ross there?
No, both of them are barely gone. I thought about leaving Griffin to make your pick more simple, but at the same time the Patriots could really use a young talented SS and if they stay at #24 I think they grab him first over one of the LBs since you guys are more likely to take Griffin.
morknolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 12:03 AM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damn Patriots if they screw us in the draft and take Griffin I'm going to be super pissed.
Old 04-11-2007, 03:58 PM    (permalink
LitoSheppard
Veteran

LitoSheppard needs more cowbell.

Meriwether and if he went Buster Davis

^ bantx
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEROY_FROM_YONDER View Post
**** this forum it will never ever been good cause its memebers eat doo doo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
I just left him negative rep saying "I don't eat doo doo".
LitoSheppard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 05:52 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LitoSheppard View Post
Meriwether and if he went Buster Davis
I don't think we'll draft Buster Davis Rd.1. He's a late 2nd to mid 3rd prospect imo. I know you like him but I think if we do go MLB rd. 1 and Willis is gone as expected it'd be David Harris because he is more of a early to mid 2nd rounder. However I don't view LB as as much of a need as some other positions.

1.S
2.CB
3.TE
4.DL
5.LB
Old 04-11-2007, 06:54 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Draft a DE anyways or TE if Olsen is there cant pass up the BPA you could go Beason.
Old 04-15-2007, 09:53 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would just take Poz, we will need a guy who can play either WILL or MIKE when Trotter retires.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 10:15 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
I don't think we'll draft Buster Davis Rd.1. He's a late 2nd to mid 3rd prospect imo. I know you like him but I think if we do go MLB rd. 1 and Willis is gone as expected it'd be David Harris because he is more of a early to mid 2nd rounder. However I don't view LB as as much of a need as some other positions.

1.S
2.CB
3.TE
4.DL
5.LB
I agree, I really like Davis, but anything more than a late second round pick for him is a reach.
Old 04-22-2007, 10:14 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't want Harris in the second either, I am just not a big fan of his.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote