Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum Discuss the Bucs

Old 04-08-2007, 07:07 PM    (permalink
Big Mike
Veteran

Big Mike hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Caddy Williams or Adrian Peterson

I'm not a Bucs fan but I found this rumor intriguing.

ARGUE!!!!!!!!!!

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...nfl/index.html

ALL COMPLIMENTS TO: BANTX FOR THE SIG

XBOX360 Gamertag: GZA88
Big Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 07:18 PM    (permalink
-black
Pro Bowler

-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I LOVE Caddy, great dude, and truly is an example of a Buc. I would do this if we drafted Adrian Peterson

-black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 07:31 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -black View Post
I LOVE Caddy, great dude, and truly is an example of a Buc. I would do this if we drafted Adrian Peterson

You would trade him for an unknown pick and an unknown player? For all we know it could be a 7th rounder and Craig Nall.

As far as the Caddy in a wheel chair rumor goes, I think it is pure fabrication. Everybody who is anybody within the Bucs organisation has denied it and I don't think the Bucs are going after AD at all.

But in saying that, if we could get say a 1st rounder for Caddy and get AD, it would be a whole lot harder to say no.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 08:08 PM    (permalink
-black
Pro Bowler

-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24cadillac24 View Post
You would trade him for an unknown pick and an unknown player? For all we know it could be a 7th rounder and Craig Nall.

As far as the Caddy in a wheel chair rumor goes, I think it is pure fabrication. Everybody who is anybody within the Bucs organisation has denied it and I don't think the Bucs are going after AD at all.

But in saying that, if we could get say a 1st rounder for Caddy and get AD, it would be a whole lot harder to say no.
WHO SAID I WOULD TRADE CADDY? I think i made it clear that i would CRY if we drafted AD. So NO i would not draft AD or trade Caddy. We really gotta work on your humor recognition lol
Old 04-08-2007, 09:35 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Explain how you made it clear you would cry. All you said was that you would do it (The trade in the link) if we drafted AD.

Old 04-08-2007, 09:55 PM    (permalink
-black
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Explain how you made it clear you would cry. All you said was that you would do it (The trade in the link) if we drafted AD.
um, I said I would do this (not it), and then on comes a gif with a bunch of people crying.....
Old 04-09-2007, 12:04 AM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Maybe if it was like Buffalos first rounder, but i still wouldnt want it to happen
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 01:14 AM    (permalink
Phrost

I would only take Peterson if CJ was off the board. If Thomas and Peterson were both on the board, I would trade down one spot with Arizona, let them take Thomas, then draft Peterson, then trade Caddy for a first rounder maybe Buffalo's.
Old 04-09-2007, 01:20 AM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrost View Post
I would only take Peterson if CJ was off the board. If Thomas and Peterson were both on the board, I would trade down one spot with Arizona, let them take Thomas, then draft Peterson, then trade Caddy for a first rounder maybe Buffalo's.
Man that's a sick plan, I would love that. Cadillac is a solid starter right now, and this is similar to the Simms situation because he played well 2 years ago and struggled last year. There's also the factor of injuries. I see Peterson as a major upgrade over Cadillac, so for the right price this would be a terrific trade and plan.

Let's say CJ is off the board and we plan on drafting Okoye. Instead, we trade Caddy for a 2nd or maybe a 1st. In turn we get AD & another pick to add youth to our defense. I'd take that over Caddy & Okoye, but it's very close.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 01:41 AM    (permalink
Phrost

Nice nice, So are you a Gruden fan? I am trying to identify all the Bucs peeps on this board.
Old 04-09-2007, 03:48 AM    (permalink
Three Step Drop

AP certainly has great potential but his downside could be his durability, the same could be said for Caddy.

As we have seen teams are more reliant on a 1-2 punch at RB with pairings such as Addai/Rhodes, Barber/Jones and Jones/Benson

How would a backfield of Peterson and Williams look. It may also help both players in staying fit, Caddy is used to having a partner RB from his time at Auburn and it may help Peterson get less injury prone.

If (and I cant see us doing it at the moment) we drafted AP i'd like us to keep him.
Old 04-09-2007, 05:10 AM    (permalink
-black
Pro Bowler

how anyone would want to trade our franchise RB, top 5 pick, and ROTY from 2 years ago baffles me. The instance AD got his first injury we would feel really stupid. This is not Madden, so it wont happen. And even if it did, it would be absolutely rediculous
Old 04-09-2007, 08:32 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

A two back field with Peterson and Caddy? Never going to happen.

Old 04-09-2007, 11:38 AM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
A two back field with Peterson and Caddy? Never going to happen.
I agree, we don't have that luxury.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-09-2007, 01:26 PM    (permalink
Merlin
Veteran

Merlin hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I really hate the idea of us picking Peterson........period!

I see no real value in trading Caddy, especially for a injury prone rookie, if your looking for a 1-2 punch ala Addai/Rhodes, find a RB who can catch in a lower rounds, someone like Arizona's 6'1 - 235lb Chris Henry.
Old 04-09-2007, 01:30 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
I really hate the idea of us picking Peterson........period!

I see no real value in trading Caddy, especially for a injury prone rookie, if your looking for a 1-2 punch ala Addai/Rhodes, find a RB who can catch in a lower rounds, someone like Arizona's 6'1 - 235lb Chris Henry.
Chris Henry is not the right fit opposite Cadillac. I would like to see us take Darius Walker. Top-notch analysis on your dislike of Peterson. I figured you would love to have him: Great college production, but not really a true need above other positions. Too bad he doesn't fade away in big games.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-09-2007, 02:33 PM    (permalink
-black
Pro Bowler

If we got an extra 3rd rounder I would love to pick up Lorenzo Booker
Old 04-09-2007, 05:04 PM    (permalink
Tampa 2 4 life
All-Pro

Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Cadillac is more of Sure thing than Peterson, and truthfully I think we'd value cadillac more than anyone would pay. I would see us asking for a 2nd rounder and a decent to good young defensive player/Center. As for looking for a back in the draft, I wouldn't mind drafting Tony Hunt to be the replacement for Alstott.
Old 04-09-2007, 05:13 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampa 2 4 life View Post
I think Cadillac is more of Sure thing than Peterson, and truthfully I think we'd value cadillac more than anyone would pay. I would see us asking for a 2nd rounder and a decent to good young defensive player/Center. As for looking for a back in the draft, I wouldn't mind drafting Tony Hunt to be the replacement for Alstott.
Cadillac more of a sure thing? C'mon please....

In 28 games he has a whopping YPC of 3.8, and a grand total of 7 TDs. Once again, he has a grand total of 1.79 catches per game.

Those are just stats, he's even less dependable when you consider his injury history. The problem is that both Cadillac and Peterson are upright slashers, and thus they are both more prone to injury and probably will continue to have problems in that department.

I don't think we value Cadillac that highly anymore because of his injuries and lack of an impact in the passing game. I'm sure Gruden would love a guy like Marshawn Lynch over Cadillac, as well as AD. They are both very productive and great receivers.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-09-2007, 05:24 PM    (permalink
Tampa 2 4 life
All-Pro

Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
Cadillac more of a sure thing? C'mon please....

In 28 games he has a whopping YPC of 3.8, and a grand total of 7 TDs. Once again, he has a grand total of 1.79 catches per game.

Those are just stats, he's even less dependable when you consider his injury history. The problem is that both Cadillac and Peterson are upright slashers, and thus they are both more prone to injury and probably will continue to have problems in that department.

I don't think we value Cadillac that highly anymore because of his injuries and lack of an impact in the passing game. I'm sure Gruden would love a guy like Marshawn Lynch over Cadillac, as well as AD. They are both very productive and great receivers.
Cadillac has been productive in the league, has had less major injuries than peterson, although he still is very injury prone. I think that makes him a bit more of a sure thing. Truthfully I wouldn't mind picking up a running back, but I just think Gruden won't give up on him so easily. Remember Gruden had Garner in Oakland who was virtually the same style runner.
Old 04-09-2007, 05:35 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampa 2 4 life View Post
Cadillac has been productive in the league, has had less major injuries than peterson, although he still is very injury prone. I think that makes him a bit more of a sure thing. Truthfully I wouldn't mind picking up a running back, but I just think Gruden won't give up on him so easily. Remember Gruden had Garner in Oakland who was virtually the same style runner.
I agree, Cadillac will be given another chance, just like Simms.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-09-2007, 05:44 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
I agree, Cadillac will be given another chance, just like Simms.
lol..Keeping up the faith in Simms I see..

I think a 3.8 YPC average is decent for Caddy when you consider what he has to run behind. The O-line has been steadily improving and if Caddy can rid himself of injury concers there is no reason why he shouldn't run at a 4.5 YPC average or higher.

Old 04-09-2007, 05:56 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Quote:
lol..Keeping up the faith in Simms I see..

I think a 3.8 YPC average is decent for Caddy when you consider what he has to run behind. The O-line has been steadily improving and if Caddy can rid himself of injury concers there is no reason why he shouldn't run at a 4.5 YPC average or higher.
Exactly, with our OLine improving and the possibility of adding CJ, there's no reason why Simms shouldn't have at least 20 TD passes with a rating above 85! The only reason I can think of is if our coaches want to be mediocre and start Garcia, who will not have the same success in our difficult offense with less weapons than Philadelphia.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-09-2007, 07:05 PM    (permalink
-black
Pro Bowler

why are you compairing a player who we took in the top 5, made our franchise runner, and ROTY to Chris Simms....a QB who barely was a 1st day pick? We had a rookie QB along with 2 rookie OL. Teams stacked the box and DARED us to throw, which we could not do. Yet still, we expected Caddy to rush for 200 yards, averaging 7.5 YCP and score 4 TD's a game. We have some pretty impatient and unrealistic fans. I guess the ones who had to endure the tough seasons know how to endure.
Old 04-09-2007, 07:09 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by -black View Post
why are you compairing a player who we took in the top 5, made our franchise runner, and ROTY to Chris Simms....a QB who barely was a 1st day pick? We had a rookie QB along with 2 rookie OL. Teams stacked the box and DARED us to throw, which we could not do. Yet still, we expected Caddy to rush for 200 yards, averaging 7.5 YCP and score 4 TD's a game. We have some pretty impatient and unrealistic fans. I guess the ones who had to endure the tough seasons know how to endure, instead of getting rid of people every year
Dear God, thank you -black. I didn't endure the tough seasons, but I can understand how pissed you get when some of these guys call for everyones' head after one disappointing season. Sorry guys, but not all of our players will be perfect, that's just how sports works! Sometimes you have to stick with what you got.....

sig by BoneKrusher