Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Diego Chargers Team Forum

San Diego Chargers Team Forum Discuss the Bolts

Old 04-08-2007, 08:22 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Players you want to see in San Diego

Steve Smith WR USC
He excels at being a 2nd option and has very deceptive speed and shiftiness. Could make a difference out of the slot or even as the 2nd WR for the Chargers.

David Harris ILB Michigan
Has expereince playing ILB in a 3-4 defense and will instantly make an impact in the middle.
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 09:28 PM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.

I like Jason Hill, I'd like to see him in SD. He's probably a mid-late second round guy though, so we would maybe have to move up a little in round two if we were going to get him. I also like Gattis though, the safety from Wake Forrest, and think he could be a good later round guy.
JK17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 09:56 PM    (permalink
sdpads24
Veteran

sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.

I really don't care who the chargers take in the draft because I know AJ is not stupid and he'll make the right decision. Sitting at the #30 pick, I would like to get either Ginn,Meachem,Jarret,Nelson, or Griffen. Maybe the MLB Willis if he's there. If none of those players are available, I think we should try to trade down.

Thanks to Bantx for the cool sig.
RIP SEAN TAYLOR #21
sdpads24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 01:27 AM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdpads24 View Post
I really don't care who the chargers take in the draft because I know AJ is not stupid and he'll make the right decision. Sitting at the #30 pick, I would like to get either Ginn,Meachem,Jarret,Nelson, or Griffen. Maybe the MLB Willis if he's there. If none of those players are available, I think we should try to trade down.
None of those players will be available
Old 04-09-2007, 10:37 PM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.

What do you guys think of Merriweather, he will probably be there at our #30 picks assuming no trades. He has the off-the-field issues AJ may be concerned with (See Terrence Kiel) but based off talent he may be a good pick for us.
Old 04-10-2007, 09:13 AM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK17 View Post
What do you guys think of Merriweather, he will probably be there at our #30 picks assuming no trades. He has the off-the-field issues AJ may be concerned with (See Terrence Kiel) but based off talent he may be a good pick for us.
I think his versatility to play both safety positions and CB makes him a great fit in SD
Old 04-10-2007, 04:31 PM    (permalink
Thunder&Lightning
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1.Ginn
2.Nelson
3.Merriweather
4.Meachem
5.Griffin

Thunder&Lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 01:56 AM    (permalink
Green Bay Scat
Pro Bowler

Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.

Merriweather has no real off the field problems, only on the field ones lol
Green Bay Scat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 02:51 AM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Bay Scat View Post
Merriweather has no real off the field problems, only on the field ones lol

HE SHOT AT SOMEONE
Old 04-12-2007, 05:11 PM    (permalink
Charger Fanatic
Hall of Famer
Veteran

Charger Fanatic hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
HE SHOT AT SOMEONE
Only in protection of himself and a teamate. Anyway, I would really like to see Eric Weddle in an SD uniform. He really impresses me. Very versitile and a good defender.
Old 04-12-2007, 06:56 PM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charger Fanatic View Post
Only in protection of himself and a teamate. Anyway, I would really like to see Eric Weddle in an SD uniform. He really impresses me. Very versitile and a good defender.
Even if it was in protection of himself, legally or not, owning and firing a gun is something AJ Smith will probably think twice about. Not saying it won't mean Merriweather turns out to be a model citizen, but it is some baggage.
Old 04-16-2007, 04:19 PM    (permalink
Charger Fanatic
Hall of Famer
Veteran

Charger Fanatic hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Even if it was in protection of himself, legally or not, owning and firing a gun is something AJ Smith will probably think twice about. Not saying it won't mean Merriweather turns out to be a model citizen, but it is some baggage.
Well yeah. I agree. But I think in this case AJ might look past it. I was just telling SuperKevin that just cause he read that he shot at someone doesn't mean it was without reason.
Old 04-16-2007, 08:38 PM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charger Fanatic View Post
Well yeah. I agree. But I think in this case AJ might look past it. I was just telling SuperKevin that just cause he read that he shot at someone doesn't mean it was without reason.
I think he might too, but you never know, he might try and prove a point because of Kiel. Originally I didn't want Merriweather, but if Griffin is off the board already, I wouldn't mind him at 30.
Old 04-16-2007, 11:01 PM    (permalink
sdpads24
Veteran

sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
I think he might too, but you never know, he might try and prove a point because of Kiel. Originally I didn't want Merriweather, but if Griffin is off the board already, I wouldn't mind him at 30.
Im just gonna put this out there, but what do you guys think about Paul Posluszny? He would be a great value at #30 and there is plenty of S, and WR depth in rounds 2 and 3. Im not saying I want this to happen, just putting it out there.

Thanks to Bantx for the cool sig.
RIP SEAN TAYLOR #21
sdpads24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 12:16 AM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

Quote:
Im just gonna put this out there, but what do you guys think about Paul Posluszny? He would be a great value at #30 and there is plenty of S, and WR depth in rounds 2 and 3. Im not saying I want this to happen, just putting it out there.

That would be AMAZING if the Chargers could get Paul Poz. He'd instantly start ai ILB for them.
Old 04-17-2007, 02:53 PM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I would love for that to happen, but idk, I just don't see poz hitting 30. If he did though I would totally agree on that, there is a lot of depth at S and WR, and poz could be a great player.
Old 04-18-2007, 08:07 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i really want to see griffen but chances are slim =\

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 02:30 AM    (permalink
KRS1
Rookie

KRS1 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think A.J. Smith needs to do WHATEVER it takes to be in a position to grab Reggie Nelson! That guy is the EXACT player we have needed since Rodney Harrison. He tackles he has great hands. I like him a lot better than Landry and it sounds like he would be there around the mid-first. I don't know what if would take but I would be trying hard to swing something if it was up to me.
KRS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 09:28 AM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRS1 View Post
I think A.J. Smith needs to do WHATEVER it takes to be in a position to grab Reggie Nelson! That guy is the EXACT player we have needed since Rodney Harrison. He tackles he has great hands. I like him a lot better than Landry and it sounds like he would be there around the mid-first. I don't know what if would take but I would be trying hard to swing something if it was up to me.
I like Nelson too, but better than Landry? not a chance, he's the clear cut number one guy in the draft. Plus I heard, from the link in the thread in I think it was the Draft part of the forum (not sure), that teams are starting to shy away from Nelson due to intelligence issues. I still don't see him getting past Jax but you never know.
Old 04-20-2007, 05:13 PM    (permalink
KRS1
Rookie

KRS1 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
I like Nelson too, but better than Landry? not a chance, he's the clear cut number one guy in the draft. Plus I heard, from the link in the thread in I think it was the Draft part of the forum (not sure), that teams are starting to shy away from Nelson due to intelligence issues. I still don't see him getting past Jax but you never know.
I am just saying that I like Nelson more than Landry. I'm not saying Landry isn't as good or even the clear cut #1. After seeing some of the picks Nelson made last year and then on top of that seeing the way he lights people up I think he suits the team better. We have coverage issues and Nelson appears to me like the better coverage player. It's pretty obvious that he won't be there at 30 and that's what I was getting at saying A.J. needs to make a move.
KRS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 08:43 PM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRS1 View Post
I am just saying that I like Nelson more than Landry. I'm not saying Landry isn't as good or even the clear cut #1. After seeing some of the picks Nelson made last year and then on top of that seeing the way he lights people up I think he suits the team better. We have coverage issues and Nelson appears to me like the better coverage player. It's pretty obvious that he won't be there at 30 and that's what I was getting at saying A.J. needs to make a move.
I want to see Nelson here too, but trading up isn't AJ's MO. Not to mention with all the depth at safety in this draft, a lot of the 2-3 round safeties look like they can be studs. If we trade up, it will be using Turner, not draft picks though. I'd be happy either way, but I don't wanna give up a bunch of picks to get Nelson.
Old 04-20-2007, 11:32 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

safty and wr on the first day imo, but i doubt nelson will fall to us, if we get lucky merriweather will be there thats a big IF.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 12:27 AM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

So if we deal MT, which is still up in the air on draft day, RB is definitely a position we will have to address in rounds 3-5. Assuming we go some combination of S and WR, i'd like to see a guy like Michael Bush in the third, if he is still there. Hopefully he would reach our pick, and we could then use the comp pick in the third to snag a ILB. Any other RBs you guys are interested in seeing?
Old 04-24-2007, 11:21 AM    (permalink
SDSupaChargers
Rookie

SDSupaChargers hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.SDSupaChargers hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
So if we deal MT, which is still up in the air on draft day, RB is definitely a position we will have to address in rounds 3-5. Assuming we go some combination of S and WR, i'd like to see a guy like Michael Bush in the third, if he is still there. Hopefully he would reach our pick, and we could then use the comp pick in the third to snag a ILB. Any other RBs you guys are interested in seeing?
I'd love to get Kenny Irons in the third. I think he'll probably go in the second but if he lasts I think we should definitely pick him.
Old 04-24-2007, 11:25 AM    (permalink
SDSupaChargers
Rookie

SDSupaChargers hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.SDSupaChargers hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

As for who I would like to see in a chargers uni

Dreaming:
Landry or Nelson, hopefully we can work something out with Turner to move up and get one of them

Realistically:
Brandon Meriweather or Sidney Rice in the first
Aaron Rouse or Craig Davis/Aundrae Allison in the second
Michael Bush/Kenny Irons in the third