Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

Old 04-13-2007, 08:25 AM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How bout every offensive player on my team cept for Kyle Boller!!!

And then just all UDFA's and then Kyle to Calvin for 80 yards every drive!!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 01:24 PM    (permalink
TRJ997
Rookie

TRJ997 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by butterman42d View Post
Everyone knows vick is a great talent. It would be nice to see what vick would look like with another super athlete at wr.

When D Mac 5 had Terrel Owens they went to the superbowl.
Before than they went 3 divisinal title.

Vick led us to play in one title game with sub par talent at wr. I know we are saying we drafted two first rd wr but known to cablier of CJ.

IS Calvin Johnson better than any WR on our team?
The Eagles made 3 straight NFC Championship games before going to the Super Bowl. They were a strong team with a championship level defense and a good oline. I clearly remember them having one of the best DLines and secondaries in the league. An argument could be made that they were one WR away from winning the Super Bowl . . . However, they didn't even win it.

The Falcons are not the team that the Eagles were and they will win more games by drafting 3 better defenders and Oline as opposed to another 1st round WR. I don't know why I'm arguing . . . I'm pretty sure time will tell that the Falcon's front office agrees with me.

Oh, and CJ is miles better than any WR on your team. He's got a good chance to be great and he's from Georgia. I certainly understand why you'd want him, but the situation isn't right for the Falcons. Try not to get your hopes up too high.
TRJ997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 02:25 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRJ997 View Post
The Eagles made 3 straight NFC Championship games before going to the Super Bowl. They were a strong team with a championship level defense and a good oline. I clearly remember them having one of the best DLines and secondaries in the league. An argument could be made that they were one WR away from winning the Super Bowl . . . However, they didn't even win it.

The Falcons are not the team that the Eagles were and they will win more games by drafting 3 better defenders and Oline as opposed to another 1st round WR. I don't know why I'm arguing . . . I'm pretty sure time will tell that the Falcon's front office agrees with me.

Oh, and CJ is miles better than any WR on your team. He's got a good chance to be great and he's from Georgia. I certainly understand why you'd want him, but the situation isn't right for the Falcons. Try not to get your hopes up too high.
Fantastic post. The only way I won't be PO'd by a trade up, is if the team somehow managed to trade a future 1st, rather than both the 2nd round picks. As long as the team has 1, 2, 3, I would be alright with it.

Last edited by Shiver : 04-13-2007 at 02:45 PM.
Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 08:10 PM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
This year we will have to outscore people to win?
Our Def is not going to be great this year

We could fix our offense a lot faster with this year draft than our def with this year draft.

We have a easy schedule and we will be working out 3 wr set.
no we won't be doing 3 WR as the base. the article says 3 receivng options in every formation. which means maybe 2 WR's and a RB or even 2 TE's and a WR. it doesn't say a thing abotu 3 WRs. trust me when I say this though. our defense has potential to be amazing this year with Zimmer. we just need a FS who can protect the corners and a pass rusher. at 8 and 44 if wwe coudl get Landry and Moses, we would be a lot better than you think we would. also, Moses is very much worth the 44. he was held back by the coaches last year and was playing more of a run stopper than anything else.

Owner of ScarDraft
Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report
scar988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 09:17 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I am NOT at all happy with Moses on this team to be honest, there is only 1 of those guys I would want, and that's Big Bully, because he's got the strength to play at the next level where as Moses is going to rely strictly on speed, which he doesn't have an excessive amount of.`
iloxygenil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 09:28 PM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloxygenil View Post
I am NOT at all happy with Moses on this team to be honest, there is only 1 of those guys I would want, and that's Big Bully, because he's got the strength to play at the next level where as Moses is going to rely strictly on speed, which he doesn't have an excessive amount of.`
what? dude, did you even watch Moses htis year? he was obviously keying on the run every play and using his stregth as more of a bull rusher when he was pass rushing because that is what the UGA coaches wantedh im to do. I just think that he was being held back this past year. IMO if we got Moses we would be a lot better on D. we don't really need a run stuffer so we could bring in Q for our LE pass rusher spot. IMO this woudl be ideal:
base D:
LE - Moses
NT - Jackson
UT - Coleman
RE - Abraham
run situation:
LE - Davis
NT - Jackson
UT - Shropshire
RE - Carrington
pass situation:
LE - Moses
NT - Coleman
UT - Babineaux
RE - Abraham

Owner of ScarDraft
Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report
scar988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 12:09 AM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

No thanks. I'd take Chauncey over Moses all day everyday. At least in the 2nd round. Moses in the 4th is prolly the earliest I would be HAPPY with him. I think he's a fair player but I think he will be dominated, and the fact that there are about 10 other DEs in this draft that are just as talented if not moreso I would be livid.
Old 04-14-2007, 08:13 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Doesn't mean a ton but in my ESPN the mag, Kiper thinks the Falcons will trade up for Calvin.
Old 04-14-2007, 10:21 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For LE, why would draft a 250-lbs pass rusher to play that position? Especially since this draft is stacked with quality strong-side candidates in round 2, like Tim Crowder, Charles Johnson, Victor Abiamiri, Lamarr Woodley.

As for Calvin Johnson, it depends what the price is. I could live with losing 44th, and the '08 first round pick. That would meet the value needed, and the team would still have three picks on day-1, in both this draft, and next one.

Old 04-14-2007, 11:33 AM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

I would hate to lose next year's first round pick. I think that could be a huge mistake =/
Old 04-14-2007, 11:38 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Quote:
I would hate to lose next year's first round pick. I think that could be a huge mistake =/
Even with two 2nd round picks, we'd be alright. As long as that 1st round pick wouldn't be a top-10 pick, that is. At least that way, we would have three day-1 picks in '07, and '08, and still get Calvin Johnson.

Old 04-16-2007, 01:02 PM    (permalink
butterman42d

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRJ997 View Post

Oh, and CJ is miles better than any WR on your team. He's got a good chance to be great and he's from Georgia. I certainly understand why you'd want him, but the situation isn't right for the Falcons. Try not to get your hopes up too

high.

But they got their with an elite WR

Atl went to the superbowl with great running game and decent wr and and alright def
Old 04-16-2007, 01:08 PM    (permalink
butterman42d

Quote:
Originally Posted by scar988 View Post
no we won't be doing 3 WR as the base. the article says 3 receivng options in every formation. which means maybe 2 WR's and a RB or even 2 TE's and a WR. it doesn't say a thing abotu 3 WRs. trust me when I say this though. our defense has potential to be amazing this year with Zimmer. we just need a FS who can protect the corners and a pass rusher. at 8 and 44 if wwe coudl get Landry and Moses, we would be a lot better than you think we would. also, Moses is very much worth the 44. he was held back by the coaches last year and was playing more of a run stopper than anything else.

The game that we have lost in the last two years were from people being injured and wr dropping balls.

Do you think that those ball our wr drop cost us games
Old 04-16-2007, 01:11 PM    (permalink
butterman42d

Quote:
We have to deal with the now.

We want to do everthing possible to win this year.
Old 04-16-2007, 01:51 PM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.

Quote:
We have to deal with the now.

We want to do everthing possible to win this year.
Hmm, now that's forward thinking for you.

Realistically, this year is a rebuilding year. We might scrape into the playoffs, but anything more than that would be a miracle. We need to look to the longterm health of the franchise, not just one season.

Trading away a future 1st rounder is the height of stupidity. A bad run of losses the next season, and that's a top 10, potentially elite player you just gave away (see Merriman, Shawn).

At least with a 2nd, you're minimizing the potential damage.

I'd do the trade for a 2nd this year and a 2nd next year (and maybe a little extra), but NOT a 1st next year.

Last edited by D-Rod : 04-16-2007 at 01:55 PM.
D-Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 02:29 PM    (permalink
Mr. Myogi
Rookie

Mr. Myogi hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Rod View Post
Hmm, now that's forward thinking for you.

Realistically, this year is a rebuilding year. We might scrape into the playoffs, but anything more than that would be a miracle. We need to look to the longterm health of the franchise, not just one season.

Trading away a future 1st rounder is the height of stupidity. A bad run of losses the next season, and that's a top 10, potentially elite player you just gave away (see Merriman, Shawn).

At least with a 2nd, you're minimizing the potential damage.

I'd do the trade for a 2nd this year and a 2nd next year (and maybe a little extra), but NOT a 1st next year.

That's the name of the Game......WIN some, LOSE some......If the Falcons get Calvin Johnson, he doesn't have to catch a ball. Just the threat that he brings would make that Offense that much more potent.
Do you know the percentage of Bust in the 1st round? (I don't either, I just know it's high)
Win now and guess later.
To use the 1st from next year wouldn't be that bad, think about it......
1. CAP space is an issue. (Will not have to pay that guaranteed money for a 1st rounder.)
2. The Falcons will still have 3 first day picks. (The Houston pick will be like a 1st round pick because they have a 4th yr Rookie leading their team)
3. MOST IMPORTANTLY: the FALCONS 2008 pick will be #32. (Not a big difference from 32 and 35, where I predict the Houston pick will be)

*********"Wax on, Wax off Danielson"**********
Mr. Myogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 02:58 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Rod View Post
Of course you would. It's too bad that a 2nd this year, and next, doesn't come close to the value required to do so. It is a mute point however, TSN's recent team report says Atlanta will look towards acquiring more picks, rather than trading them away.

Old 04-16-2007, 03:17 PM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
Of course you would. It's too bad that a 2nd this year, and next, doesn't come close to the value required to do so. It is a mute point however, TSN's recent team report says Atlanta will look towards acquiring more picks, rather than trading them away.
Fine. If Detroit won't accept that, that's their prerogative. I'm just saying that I wouldn't want to offer more. And remember, value is not a settled point, regardless of Jimmy Johnson's pick value chart.

Fact is, if #8 and two 2nds is the best offer on the table, I'd be amazed if Detroit didn't just take the offer. Their team would be better off. If they get a better offer, fine, they'll take that. But they clearly want to trade down, so they might not get quite the massive offers they are expecting.

We'll see. Trying to state exactly "the value required" to make the trade is impossible. I'm just suggesting what I would be happy with us offering.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure that TSN is right, and we'll look to acquire more picks if possible.