Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 07-07-2006, 01:21 PM    (permalink

Default Who is the most overrated team in the AFC?

I am going with Indianapolis because I think their defense is still a little shaky, and are they going to run the ball as much without Edge?

MOD EDIT - because Simms said he had problems, i added addtional options to the poll (miami and cinci, since they seemed to be getting the most support). - nj
Old 07-07-2006, 01:22 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

njx9 has disabled reputation

indy, cincy... add some options to your poll.
Old 07-07-2006, 01:23 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Indianapolis is in trouble unless Addai plays amazing and the defence steps up big time.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 01:24 PM    (permalink

The dolphins, they are an 8-8 team and people think they can overthrow the Pats LOL.
Old 07-07-2006, 01:25 PM    (permalink

MIAMI DOLPHINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-07-2006, 01:25 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Marvin Harrison is on the decline. Defense is worst than last year's overrated unit. No Edgerrin James. No major improvement, unless you consider a Kicker as the savior of the team. :roll: Colts won't make the playoffs.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 01:26 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver
Marvin Harrison is on the decline. Defense is worst than last year's overrated unit. No Edgerrin James. No major improvement, unless you consider a Kicker as the savior of the team. :roll: Colts won't make the playoffs.
lol that is freaking hilarious, won't make the playoffs? hahahahaha yeah, ok. I agree they are overrated and Jacksonville could very easily dethrone them but missing the playoffs is laughable.
Old 07-07-2006, 01:29 PM    (permalink

Quote:
If you play the Texans and Titans 2 times a year and your team is decent, i doubt you would miss the playoffs. They still will atleast not only get a wild carb but probly around 10-11 wins.
Old 07-07-2006, 01:50 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the Dolphins and Colts are overrated.

Depending on who you talk to, the Pats are underrated by some. Anyone who thinks Miami will beat the Pats is overrating the Dolphins.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 01:51 PM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Definately New England.

The Chief.
Eric Church - Smoke A Little Smoke
http://youtu.be/XxWjtWONuGc
HawkeyeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 01:54 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

New England for sure.
Old 07-07-2006, 02:28 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermaineRace
Quote:
lol that is freaking hilarious, won't make the playoffs? hahahahaha yeah, ok. I agree they are overrated and Jacksonville could very easily dethrone them but missing the playoffs is laughable.

They're team screams 8-8.

Old 07-07-2006, 02:44 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeFan
Definately New England.
Quote:
New England for sure.
LOL the Rams and Eagles fans call the Patriots overrated.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 02:45 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Miami should definitely be on that poll
If there's one place that i show my homerism, its in calling Miami overrated :P
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 02:49 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Miami.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 03:21 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't neccesarily think the Pats are overrated, but I don't think people realize how much of decline that team is headed for. Maybe not this year, but soon.
Old 07-07-2006, 03:25 PM    (permalink
portermvp84
Pro Bowler

portermvp84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

The Colts i think their time is up. They had their chance last year and nobody knew how to stop them on offense. Now everybody knows how to stop them. They will still win their division. They've also lost some keys players on both sides of the ball. It will be intersting how they do this season.

Thanks to jackalope
portermvp84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 04:01 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermaineRace
Quote:

They're team screams 8-8.
What about the Colts screams 8-8? Do you really think Edge is worth 6 games? That's pretty much what you just said. How'd Thurman Thomas work out for Buffalo? I think he was a pretty solid RB. But wait, how could someone that was drafted in the late 1st/early 2nd range be a good starting RB for a team? How could anyone have known that Edgerrin James would be a better choice in both the short and long term than Ricky Williams? Maybe there's something to be said for a talent evaluator with an eye for RB talent. Also, I like how the Colts' defense is "overrated" despite having the 2nd best scoring defense in the NFL last year. Maybe that's why people think they're good? Who knows. :roll: Then I suppose you think the Colts' passing offense is just going to disappear entirely? That makes sense since they've had 2 1000+ yard WRs 2 years running, scored 82 passing TDs in the last 2 years, and a lot of teams played 8 man coverages for most of the game against the Colts in the first half of the season out of fear of the passing game. But you're right, a kicker is the Colts' only hope to not go 8-8. :roll:

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 04:04 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylor21
Quote:
If you play the Texans and Titans 2 times a year and your team is decent, i doubt you would miss the playoffs. They still will atleast not only get a wild carb but probly around 10-11 wins.
Texans are a legit team now. I really think Mario will make an impact.

That ZBS does wonders for an offense. HOU's offense will be like ATL with a better QB and WRs.
Old 07-07-2006, 04:04 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the Steelers are overrated. If Carson is healthy, I think the Bengals take the division and the Steelers miss the playoffs.

Colts easily make the playoffs.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 04:20 PM    (permalink
EHobbs27
Veteran

EHobbs27 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think that the most overrated team is the Colts. I also think that the Dolphins and the Bengals are overrated.
Old 07-07-2006, 04:54 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EHobbs27
I think that the most overrated team is the Colts. I also think that the Dolphins and the Bengals are overrated.
:evil: You would.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 07-07-2006, 04:55 PM    (permalink

colts wont win 10 games this yr
Old 07-07-2006, 04:58 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4
colts wont win 10 games this yr
Any particular reason?

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 07-07-2006, 05:03 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610
What about the Colts screams 8-8? Do you really think Edge is worth 6 games? That's pretty much what you just said. How'd Thurman Thomas work out for Buffalo? I think he was a pretty solid RB. But wait, how could someone that was drafted in the late 1st/early 2nd range be a good starting RB for a team? How could anyone have known that Edgerrin James would be a better choice in both the short and long term than Ricky Williams? Maybe there's something to be said for a talent evaluator with an eye for RB talent. Also, I like how the Colts' defense is "overrated" despite having the 2nd best scoring defense in the NFL last year. Maybe that's why people think they're good? Who knows. :roll: Then I suppose you think the Colts' passing offense is just going to disappear entirely? That makes sense since they've had 2 1000+ yard WRs 2 years running, scored 82 passing TDs in the last 2 years, and a lot of teams played 8 man coverages for most of the game against the Colts in the first half of the season out of fear of the passing game. But you're right, a kicker is the Colts' only hope to not go 8-8. :roll:

2nd best scoring defense. When they played good offenses, they were terrible. Worse, they lost Tripplett and June. Their defensive rank was padded by raping inferior opponents.

Last year, the Colts coasted off the easiest first half schedule in years. They were not as good as the media portrayed them. It showed when they faced real teams. This year, they won't have the cupcake schedule, or Edgerrin James.