Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum

Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum Who dey gonna discuss dem Bengals?

Old 04-10-2007, 12:01 PM    (permalink
FootballGod
Rookie

FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 5th and Final Mock

Round 1. Chris Houston, Arkansas, CB, 5-10 185 lbs., 4.32 40 yrd. The most physical and fast corner in the draft. Great experience within the SEC and the top competition in the nation.

Round 2. Eric Weddle, Utah, Safety/CB, 5-11 203 lbs., 4.48 40 yrd. He is a flat out athlete who will not get into any off the field trouble. Great in run support and has game experience at both Safety and CB. Punt returner for Utah as well.

Round 3. Ahmad Brooks

Round 4. Lorenzo Booker, FSU, RB, 5-10 191 lbs., 4.46 40 yrd. He will fall in the draft because he is not a feature back. Big deal, we don't need him to run the ball 300 times a year. He is great out of the back field when catching the ball and has the speed and moves to kill it in the open field.

Round 5. Matt Spaeth, Minnesota, TE, 6-7 270 lbs., 4.81 40 yrd. Finally a TE that is more of a blocker than a catching TE. This guy is just who the Bengals need.

Round 6. Yamon Figurs, Kansas St., WR, 5-11 174 lbs., 4.30 40 yrd. Ran the fastest 40 at the combine and would be a great #3 or #4 for us if Henry is out for most of the year.

Round 7. Jay Richardson, Ohio St., DE, 6-5 280 lbs., 5.06 40 yrd. Typical DE who had great size but needs to be taught more moves and concepts to get at the QB. Great upside and a motor that never quits. Has room to put on more weight if needed and might pan out to be a better DT than a DE.

Round 7. Chad Nkang, Elon, OLB, 5-11 220 lbs., 4.58 40 yr Could really kill it on Special Teams. He would be a nice edition because of all of our special teams members going to other teams (i.e. Wilkins)

Tell me what you guys think. I think that the players that I picked will at least be there when we pick.

Last edited by FootballGod : 04-10-2007 at 12:03 PM.
FootballGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 12:08 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lovely... Just... Lovely.

I'm all for it.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 12:15 PM    (permalink
FootballGod
Rookie

FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thank you I really worked hard on this one. I think that this will be my final mock. If I play with it much more I think that I will get away from what the Bengals real needs are.

By the way if I have not said so I want everyone to know that our LB core is not in trouble at all and that I will be so disappointed in Marvin if they decided to go LB in the first two rounds.
Old 04-10-2007, 12:31 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

make that happen and i will be a happy camper. Best bengals mock ive seen in awhile
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 01:36 PM    (permalink
WhoDeyBucks

Not Bad. Here's my latest:

1. Darrelle Revis CB
2. Justin Durant LB
3. None
4. Lorenzo Booker RB
5. Michael Allan TE
6. CJ Gaddis FS (or CB)
7. Dallas Baker WR (now that Henry's out)
7. Mario Henderson T (project guy).
Old 04-10-2007, 04:03 PM    (permalink
Bengals1690
Veteran

Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i like it, but id rather have revis than houston. eveything else is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mythbusta View Post
i love my pedestal. thats why im the mythbusta.
who dey?
Bengals1690 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 04:38 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

im still on the fence with both of them although i slightly favor houston.
i would be happy with either or. Im not sold on Figurs quite yet. I think he has potential to be really good. but with Holt and T. Perry in the return game not sure how much he'd help.
Old 04-10-2007, 05:36 PM    (permalink
rickscott
Veteran

rickscott hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

FootballGod, Looks pretty good to me too. I like Revis too but if we got Houston and Weddle too, I'd be all for it.
rickscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 07:55 PM    (permalink
BengalsPwn
Veteran

BengalsPwn needs more cowbell.

I really dont think we have a legit shot at Weddle in the 2nd w/o trading up. I dont think we need Booker either. We got Perry, Rudi, and Kenny. Along w/ Quincy Wilson on the PS. I like Houston a lot more than I like Revis just based on the fact that Revis was flagged more and college doesnt flag as much as the NFL. He almost reminds me of Ahmad Carrol, has all the tools but gets called for pass interference all the time.

Big ups to jkpigskin for the sig.
BengalsPwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 08:23 AM    (permalink
FootballGod
Rookie

I really don't see Perry ever having a future with this team. He has had atleast 3 major surgeries, plus I still hate my beloved bengals for passing on Gamble and Jackson in the first round. That still kills me to this day.
Old 04-11-2007, 10:14 AM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Yeah we did draft the wrong Chris in that draft.
Old 04-11-2007, 11:55 AM    (permalink
rickscott
Veteran

rickscott hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think Marvin out-thunk himself on that one too. I still have hopes for a career for Perry though.
rickscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 12:37 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

I have hopes for him too, but just not here in Cincy. I think we should try to trade him for a pick. Dont get me wrong, I think he is a helluva talent but I cant see him succeeding here right now
Old 04-11-2007, 02:20 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

After thinking about it I really am a good 75% sure Revis will get the nod over Houston. That's the only real big change I'd have for this mock.

I agree about Perry, he's a FA next year and I'm not so sure we retain him.

I still supported the pick when it was made. It was risky but so was going into the season with a relatively unproven Rudi as our #1 RB and going into his FA year.
Old 04-11-2007, 04:04 PM    (permalink
FootballGod
Rookie

I understand the RB pick but we still took the wrong one.
Old 04-11-2007, 05:29 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Yeah that I can agree with. I really liked Perry in college but when we traded back the 2nd time I figured we wouldn't take a RB considering Jackson would've been there to be had. Oh well, you live you learn.
Old 04-11-2007, 11:38 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

id be happy with either but getting houston and weddle would be great. i still want griffin though.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote