Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tennessee Titans Team Forum

Tennessee Titans Team Forum Discuss the Titans

Old 04-10-2007, 04:35 PM    (permalink
schmiddog
Veteran

schmiddog hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Short List of 1st round possibilities

Big Board of guys who have a good chance of being around at 19

I'll preface this by saying I think Sidney Rice should be the top WR on this board, but it is not realistic that the Titans will consider him so I left him off.

If we sign Turner.....

1.Chris Houston
2.Ted Ginn
3.Dwayne Bowe
4.Robert Meachem
5.Lawrence Timmons

If we don't....

1.Marshawn Lynch
2.Houston
3.Ginn
4.Bowe
5.Meachem
schmiddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 05:03 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lynch is very talented, but we already have one umproven RB, i fell we can make till the 3rd or second day to draft a RB. I would be fine with Rice in the second even if we have to trade up, his SOPH season wasn't as impressive as the preason talk, but i feel he has alot of potential. We also need to add a pass rusher and some one that can stop the run. So DE and DT is also a huge need.

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 05:07 PM    (permalink
schmiddog
Veteran

The drop off after Lynch in terms of RB's is pretty steep, though I think Kenny Irons has a shot to be a great back. Lynch is going to be a quality NFL RB.

If we could land Sidney Rice in the second, it could turn out to be on the best steals in years. His potential is off the charts and exceeds all of the WR's behind CJ.
Old 04-10-2007, 05:57 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Once again, I don't believe CB is such a glaring need even with Pacman done for the year. As of right now we have Nick Harper and Reynaldo Hill starting and Cortland Finnegan at slot who many Titans fans think he will breakout this season. I just dont see CB being a need until day 2. Right now I have(this also is if both Jamaal Anderson and Adam Carriker are gone, as well as Patrick Willis)

1a.Robert Meachem
1b.Ted Ginn Jr.
2.Dwayne Jarrett
3.Jarvis Moss

If Lynch falls to the end of the first round though, which is possible I say we should make a trade and try and get him, that way you have a versatile back and LenDale can be the bruiser type

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Show me your Wang, if you will.

Last edited by aNYtitan : 04-10-2007 at 11:29 PM.
aNYtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 08:00 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNYtitan View Post
Once again, I don't believe CB is such a glaring need even with Pacman done for the year. As of right now we have Nick Harper and Reynaldo Hill starting and Stephen Tulloch at slot who many Titans fans think he will breakout this season. I just dont see CB being a need until day 2. Right now I have(this also is if both Jamaal Anderson and Adam Carriker are gone, as well as Patrick Willis)

1a.Robert Meachem
1b.Ted Ginn Jr.
2.Dwayne Jarrett
3.Jarvis Moss

If Lynch falls to the end of the first round though, which is possible I say we should make a trade and try and get him, that way you have a versatile back and LenDale can be the bruiser type
Finnegan you mean, not Tulloch. Brain fart
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 08:54 PM    (permalink
schmiddog
Veteran

Quote:
Once again, I don't believe CB is such a glaring need even with Pacman done for the year. As of right now we have Nick Harper and Reynaldo Hill starting and Stephen Tulloch at slot who many Titans fans think he will breakout this season. I just dont see CB being a need until day 2. Right now I have(this also is if both Jamaal Anderson and Adam Carriker are gone, as well as Patrick Willis)

1a.Robert Meachem
1b.Ted Ginn Jr.
2.Dwayne Jarrett
3.Jarvis Moss

Corner isn't necessarily the most pressing need, but Chris Houston is a top 10 talent and if he is available, we should immediately pick him. Houston's potential is almost on the level that Pacman's was coming out of college. I like Jarrett as a prospect, but I really hope we don't take him because he is not the type of receiver that can take over games and be a true #1. Meachem isn't as good as people think, but he has some potential and I wouldn't mind him at all. Plus, he's a hometown guy. Ginn and Bowe should be strongly considered if available, with a slight edge to Ginn IMO. I really hope we can grab Sidney Rice at some point, he is the second best WR in this class, though no one realizes it yet.
Old 04-10-2007, 09:25 PM    (permalink
MicktheGreat
Veteran

MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here would be my wishlist for Round 1 (in order...only considering players who could realistically be available at #19):
1. DE Adam Carriker
2. WR Dwayne Bowe
3. WR Robert Meachem
4. CB Chris Houston
5. CB Darrelle Revis

I think adding Carriker would be the best-case-scenario in Round 1, assuming that he's available. His run-stuffing ability would be a great compliment to KVB, would allow LaBoy to come in on 3rd-downs/passing-situations, and his ability to also play DT (which the Titans are also lacking at) would add some much-needed versatility to the DL.

I like both Dwayne Bowe & Robert Meachem MUCH more than Jarrett & Ginn. Bowe is a big, strong WR who plays faster than he times and does the little things right like blocking. Meachem has the size, speed, and potential to be a legit #1 WR; plus, he's very humble and has great intangibles. If we don't get Bowe or Meachem, I'd rather wait until the 2nd round and grab Sidney Rice, Jason Hill, or Steve Smith.

While I think that CB is a moderate concern, I still think DE & WR are more immediate needs. However, if Carriker, Bowe, & Meachem are all somehow gone by #19, then Houston or Revis would represent the best value. Houston worries me a little bit despite his measurables (I'm usually a little wary of players whose stocks soar after the workouts). I think Revis is a safer bet than Houston; but I think that Houston's ceiling is higher (although, he strikes me as more of a boom-or-bust pick than Revis).

Just my $.02...

Last edited by MicktheGreat : 04-10-2007 at 09:34 PM.
MicktheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 10:04 PM    (permalink
schmiddog
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicktheGreat View Post
Here would be my wishlist for Round 1 (in order...only considering players who could realistically be available at #19):
1. DE Adam Carriker
2. WR Dwayne Bowe
3. WR Robert Meachem
4. CB Chris Houston
5. CB Darrelle Revis

I think adding Carriker would be the best-case-scenario in Round 1, assuming that he's available. His run-stuffing ability would be a great compliment to KVB, would allow LaBoy to come in on 3rd-downs/passing-situations, and his ability to also play DT (which the Titans are also lacking at) would add some much-needed versatility to the DL.

I like both Dwayne Bowe & Robert Meachem MUCH more than Jarrett & Ginn. Bowe is a big, strong WR who plays faster than he times and does the little things right like blocking. Meachem has the size, speed, and potential to be a legit #1 WR; plus, he's very humble and has great intangibles. If we don't get Bowe or Meachem, I'd rather wait until the 2nd round and grab Sidney Rice, Jason Hill, or Steve Smith.

While I think that CB is a moderate concern, I still think DE & WR are more immediate needs. However, if Carriker, Bowe, & Meachem are all somehow gone by #19, then Houston or Revis would represent the best value. Houston worries me a little bit despite his measurables (I'm usually a little wary of players whose stocks soar after the workouts). I think Revis is a safer bet than Houston; but I think that Houston's ceiling is higher (although, he strikes me as more of a boom-or-bust pick than Revis).

Just my $.02...
Carriker definitely will not be available at 19. Also, Houston is coming off a season in which he shut down Jarrett, Bowe, and Meachem---so there is no need to label him a workout warrior. He is the best CB in this class with the highest ceiling.
Old 04-10-2007, 10:08 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree, Houston got on my radar after the USC game, not after his workouts. Those were just icing on the cake.
Old 04-10-2007, 11:30 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pit Bull #53 View Post
Finnegan you mean, not Tulloch. Brain fart
LoL good catch I just remembered it and was like whoops!

Quote:
Old 04-10-2007, 11:37 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmiddog View Post
Carriker definitely will not be available at 19. Also, Houston is coming off a season in which he shut down Jarrett, Bowe, and Meachem---so there is no need to label him a workout warrior. He is the best CB in this class with the highest ceiling.
I don't think Houston is that great of a prospect. People have had amazing campaigns and failed to produce at the big level(ex. Ahmad Caroll, Jimmy Kennedy, Sammy Davis). I say we go with Meachem, who has drawn comparisons to Javon Walker or Ted Ginn Jr. who has possibly the most game-breaking ability in the draft

Quote:
Old 04-11-2007, 12:07 AM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
I don't think Houston is that great of a prospect. People have had amazing campaigns and failed to produce at the big level(ex. Ahmad Caroll, Jimmy Kennedy, Sammy Davis).
You can say that exact same thing about any prospect ever drafted, it's such a broad statement...I don't see how that is an indictment of Houston. What are the weaknesses?

The only ones I see are that he could improve his ball skills, but more INT's will come as he starts playing more zone coverages, he was almost exclusively in press man at Ark. He could also use some technique work on his backpedal, but that's not a huge issue. Bottom line is the kid showed up in big games against big competition and was a lockdown man to man corner in the majority of his games. NO ONE is gonna cover like that and never get beat. And to go along with the year he had in college, he comes to the combine and runs a 4.32, a 4.12 short shuttle, 36 inch vert, and threw up 225 27 times. He has the perfect demeanor for a corner, he plays fast, physical and aggressive and isn't afraid of anything on the field. I have him as a top 15 prospect and love the kid.
Old 04-11-2007, 12:11 AM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

Quote:
You can say that exact same thing about any prospect ever drafted, it's such a broad statement...I don't see how that is an indictment of Houston. What are the weaknesses?

The only ones I see are that he could improve his ball skills, but more INT's will come as he starts playing more zone coverages, he was almost exclusively in press man at Ark. He could also use some technique work on his backpedal, but that's not a huge issue. Bottom line is the kid showed up in big games against big competition and was a lockdown man to man corner in the majority of his games. NO ONE is gonna cover like that and never get beat. And to go along with the year he had in college, he comes to the combine and runs a 4.32, a 4.12 short shuttle, 36 inch vert, and threw up 225 27 times. He has the perfect demeanor for a corner, he plays fast, physical and aggressive and isn't afraid of anything on the field. I have him as a top 15 prospect and love the kid.
Ok, you made an excellent point, but if Houston is that good, I highly doubt that he would make it to our pick since he is probably considered the #1 CB prospect in the draft. I still might want to take Leon Hall just because of his broad career. I still view WR a d DE as higher needs since we have plenty of CB's and I just don't know how Houston will help improve this team. WR and DE are the higher needs

Quote:
Old 04-11-2007, 12:18 AM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Ok, you made an excellent point, but if Houston is that good, I highly doubt that he would make it to our pick since he is probably considered the #1 CB prospect in the draft. I still might want to take Leon Hall just because of his broad career. I still view WR a d DE as higher needs since we have plenty of CB's and I just don't know how Houston will help improve this team. WR and DE are the higher needs
I do agree that WR and DE are bigger needs than CB, the only problem is matching up values in rd 1. Unless Carriker or Anderson miraculously drop to our pick, but best guy available will probably be Jarvis Moss, and I'd personally take Houston, Revis, Hall, Meachem, Bowe, and Ginn over him.

But...like has been said, we are lucky our top 3 needs are pretty deep in this draft. If we take WR, DE, and CB in the first three rounds, we can get a good player at each position. Heck, with the extra 4th we got for McNair, we can trade up in the 3rd if there's a player we like. I think we're sitting pretty nicely.....I just wish Carriker or Anderson would fall.
Old 04-11-2007, 01:26 AM    (permalink
MicktheGreat
Veteran

MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
But...like has been said, we are lucky our top 3 needs are pretty deep in this draft. If we take WR, DE, and CB in the first three rounds, we can get a good player at each position. Heck, with the extra 4th we got for McNair, we can trade up in the 3rd if there's a player we like. I think we're sitting pretty nicely.....I just wish Carriker or Anderson would fall.
This is exactly what I've been preaching for some time. The depth at certain positions in this draft-class gives the Titans a lot of flexibility (which is always a good thing).

I have my own personal opinions/preferences about which player/position they SHOULD take. However, that said, as long as they take a DE, WR, or CB in round 1, I will probably be happy with the pick.
MicktheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 10:19 AM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

When do we take DE though? If we go WR in the first, which is likely, then do we grab a DE in the second or third? I view Tarnard Jackson as a steal in the second round, he has height and speed and good coverage skills. The dropoff in DE talent falls after the second round though. Also, if Lorenzo Booker is available in the third, would it be hard to not draft him to be a complimentary back?

Quote:
Old 04-11-2007, 10:24 AM    (permalink
TitanAddict
Rookie

TitanAddict hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

My top draft targets, rounds 1-3:

Round 1:

a. Jamaal Anderson
b. Chris Houston
c. Dwayne Jarrett
d. Robert Meachem
e. Ted Ginn
f. Dwayne Bowe

Round 2:

a. Sidney Rice
b. Marcus McCauley
c. Charles Johnson
d. Anthony Gonzalez
e. Craig Davis

Round 3:

a. Quintin Moses
b. Victor Abiamiri
c. Daymeion Hughes
d. Michael Bush

Other rounds:

a. Garrett Wolf
b. Garrett Wolf
c. Garrett Wolf (this guy's going to be AWESOME!!!)
"A lot of people say this and say that about us, but thatís a good thing. We want to keep it low, and we donít want all the hype going with the Tennessee Titans. We want to just keep it low. Yíall just keep talking about us, talking bad about us, so we can just continue to go out there each week and show the whole world what type of football team we are." -- Vince Young

T-minus 1 year until the beginning of the Titans Dynasty!
TitanAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 10:43 AM    (permalink
TitanAddict
Rookie

How would you guys feel about a draft that looked like this, assuming we get Michael Turner pre-draft ...

1. Chris Houston (CB)
2. Sidney Rice (WR)
3. Victor Abiamiri (DE)
4. Manuel Ramirez (OG)
4. Doug Free (OT)
5. Earl Everett (OLB)
6. Garrett Wolfe (RB)
6. Marquice Cole (CB)
6. Derek Schouman (TE)
7. Nick Jones (C)
"A lot of people say this and say that about us, but thatís a good thing. We want to keep it low, and we donít want all the hype going with the Tennessee Titans. We want to just keep it low. Yíall just keep talking about us, talking bad about us, so we can just continue to go out there each week and show the whole world what type of football team we are." -- Vince Young

Old 04-12-2007, 02:29 PM    (permalink
ChiFan24
2011 SWDC Mock Draft Champ
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How exactly do you plan to get Turner and not give up any draft picks?
ChiFan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 07:33 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiFan24 View Post
How exactly do you plan to get Turner and not give up any draft picks?
Yeah, we'd have to give up 1. We'd probably flip flop first rounders and then give up a 3rd or so. Or maybe a future pick.
Old 04-12-2007, 08:23 PM    (permalink
TitanAddict
Rookie

Ooh, good point.

I'm wondering what A.J. Smith is going to want. I think that he thinks that he is too hot to trot. You know what I mean? I would be willing to trade first and thirds, or simply give him our second in 2008. Both scenarios would benefit the Chargers, as LaDainian is durable and they could afford to have a "lesser" backup such as Antonio Pittman or Michael Bush. However, I think A.J. will be too stubborn for his own good. The question is whether the Titans (or Bills or another team) are willing to pay the price.

Hmmm ... If we swapped first and thirds ... I guess it would be realistic to shoot for Dwayne Jarrett in round one and Charles Johnson in round two. I could live with that.

Old 04-12-2007, 08:25 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

bring me meachem to the #1 spot and i dont care about anything else
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 05:22 AM    (permalink
iKNOW

1. Robert Meachem (WR) - best WR behind Johnson IMHO, and a position of need

seeing how pacman is not banned for life, i dont think the titans will go all out to replace pacman. he will be back next year and seeing how he has little to no trade value - due to his off the field behavior - the titans are better off trying to hope he reforms.

lynch has character issues so i think the titans will stay clear.