Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

Old 04-10-2007, 08:03 PM    (permalink
lionsfan81
Rookie

lionsfan81 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.lionsfan81 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default McCown demands trade

No real information yet but hondo is reporting that Josh will not show up to OTAs and has demanded a trade. i guess the oakland thing could work out although i really hope they still draft jamarcus russell then.

http://spartannation.com/?p=2264
lionsfan81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 08:32 PM    (permalink
Lions-Slappy
Rookie

Lions-Slappy is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairLions-Slappy is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairLions-Slappy is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairLions-Slappy is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairLions-Slappy is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairLions-Slappy is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairLions-Slappy is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairLions-Slappy is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairLions-Slappy is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairLions-Slappy is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairLions-Slappy is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

if Josh goes to Oakland, Al Davis will sign CJesus before the draft :p
not that Josh will help much, but Davis seems fixated on CJ now.
Lions-Slappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 09:04 PM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

then wait til after the draft to trade him if we cant he'll deal with it im not too worried about him one way or another he'll come around althoguh i would rather trade him theres a lot of positives in it but moving him to OAK could influence the draft enourmosly and im not sure yet whether or not its in the lions benefit to move him to OAK
Old 04-10-2007, 09:23 PM    (permalink
dreadedluck

If we make that trade and Oakland takes CJ, that leaves us "stuck" with the second pick. I can not see anyone wanting to trade with us for the 2 pick with two quarterbacks still available. BMW wants to go to, I feel like we are kind of stuck with two guys (BMW and McCown) that do not want to be here or "stuck" with the dreaded 2 pick. Personally I can't figure out how we could ever be "stuck" with the 2 pick but thats how the Lions feel. and since they love the new Kalimba Edwards urrrr Gaines Adams we may as well eat the pick and take another player to early in the draft again.
Old 04-10-2007, 09:26 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

really will be a big loss for the Lions!!! HAHA!!!

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 10:39 PM    (permalink
Thomas7399

Dang, there goes our WR depth

/sarcasm
Old 04-10-2007, 11:25 PM    (permalink
reinar
Rookie

reinar hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i wonder a couple of things here
1. Tactica said he saw an article, or show clip that if the raiders got McCown, they would draft Russell anyhows.
2. If they did draft Cj instead, woulndt that actually give us better leverage since then Russell would be there to bid on, instead of just Quinn?

I wonder if we would get more for our pick then?
reinar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 11:28 PM    (permalink
Xonraider
All-Pro

Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What are the Lions asking for exaclty? I heard Oakland offered a 4th or a 5th, but that was weeks ago.
Old 04-10-2007, 11:34 PM    (permalink
reinar
Rookie

reinar hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

something just occured to me

what if the trade was McCown AND MWilliams to Oakland, ensuring they draft Russell at #1, sits behind McCown for a year, or if McCown got hurt (aka Leinert), Russell would come in and have his year. They would also get a WR prospect (perhaps they dont care about his weight?

I dont know what we would get for it, but since neither came to practice, I wonder if they are doing physicals, for the trade to go through.
reinar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 11:38 PM    (permalink
asmitty45
Veteran

asmitty45 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reinar View Post

what if the trade was McCown AND MWilliams to Oakland, ensuring they draft Russell at #1, sits behind McCown for a year, or if McCown got hurt (aka Leinert), Russell would come in and have his year. They would also get a WR prospect (perhaps they dont care about his weight?

I dont know what we would get for it, but since neither came to practice, I wonder if they are doing physicals, for the trade to go through.
Good, Dump em both theyre bums

fenikz

"Pride comes before the fall" - Mark Dantonio

35-21
asmitty45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 01:27 PM    (permalink
DeMonikk1
Rookie

DeMonikk1 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reinar View Post

Williams doesn't possess the deep speed which Al Davis covets..
DeMonikk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 02:07 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeMonikk1 View Post
Williams doesn't possess the deep speed which Al Davis covets..
What does he possess? Al does like lousy attitudes. BMW has plenty 'o that

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 02:54 PM    (permalink
Maybe Next Year Millen2
Veteran

Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kiffen coached BMW at USC too and Moss could be traded on draft day.
Maybe Next Year Millen2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 03:37 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maybe Next Year Millen2 View Post
Kiffen coached BMW at USC too and Moss could be traded on draft day.
Won't happen. And here's why!

1. Let us assume there is a reciever.
2. Let us assume this receiver (let's call him 'BMW') is slow
3. Let's also assume there is a team
4. Let's say this team is owned by one man
5. Let's say this one man (let's call him 'Al Davis), who owns this team (let's call them 'the raiders', loves fast players
6. Let me remind you that BMW is slow
7. Let's say Al Davis decides everything for the Raiders
7. Now imagine an internet forum where a poster (let's call him 'maybe next year millen2') says BMW might be going to Al Davis' Raiders.

Now you fill in number 8.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 04:18 PM    (permalink
woodnick
Veteran

woodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

I seem to remember that Al Davis was supposedly in love with BMW, obviously a lot can change in two years but it is Al Davis. Who's got a worse owner/GM combo, Raiders w/ Al Davis or the Lions w/ Ford and Millen?

Lesser of two evils, w/Davis over the hill, I got to say the Raiders are worse off right now.
woodnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 05:48 PM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post
Won't happen. And here's why!

1. Let us assume there is a reciever.
2. Let us assume this receiver (let's call him 'BMW') is slow
3. Let's also assume there is a team
4. Let's say this team is owned by one man
5. Let's say this one man (let's call him 'Al Davis), who owns this team (let's call them 'the raiders', loves fast players
6. Let me remind you that BMW is slow
7. Let's say Al Davis decides everything for the Raiders
7. Now imagine an internet forum where a poster (let's call him 'maybe next year millen2') says BMW might be going to Al Davis' Raiders.

Now you fill in number 8.
you did two seven's was that intentional but yea i agree with you BMW has no trade value and will only be cut
Old 04-11-2007, 05:49 PM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodnick View Post
I seem to remember that Al Davis was supposedly in love with BMW, obviously a lot can change in two years but it is Al Davis. Who's got a worse owner/GM combo, Raiders w/ Al Davis or the Lions w/ Ford and Millen?

Lesser of two evils, w/Davis over the hill, I got to say the Raiders are worse off right now.

i disagree davis actually has built up a pretty good defense
Old 04-11-2007, 10:29 PM    (permalink
Icon

Sigh, I like McCown more than Kitna and he is clearly the better athlete with more physical tools. I wish Marinelli wasnt so in love with Kitna so we could have gave Josh a few starts at the end of the year to see how he did with Martz offense. Couldnt have been much worse than Kitna.