Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 07-17-2006, 02:24 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by dx13579
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikings Fan

I am going to be making a 5 Course meal and I need a suggestion on the last course, so far I have:

1st: Bruschetta

2ed: Gazpacho

3ed: Lamb Stew

4th: Milkshakes

I need to fit another course in here but I dont know what or when. Suggestions?
I would suggest preparing something else for dessert besides milkshakes...CGF is right, it is a very liquidly spread...Maybe you could serve cake or pie instead or even fruit...
Hm..... thats a good point, but it would be nice to build up with Smooth Gazpacho to pasta salad to heavy stew and finish with a smooth and creamy Milkshake. The whole point of my being able to make a 5-course meal is because of how easy it is and baking a pie isnt easy.
Old 07-17-2006, 02:29 PM    (permalink
dx13579
Rookie

dx13579 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:

Hm..... thats a good point, but it would be nice to build up with Smooth Gazpacho to pasta salad to heavy stew and finish with a smooth and creamy Milkshake. The whole point of my being able to make a 5-course meal is because of how easy it is and baking a pie isnt easy.
Very true...I'm just thinking if I'm eating Gazpacho then pasta salad and then stew and then a milkshake! Just seems like a lot of liquids...More than I prefer...

But it still all sounds really good...
dx13579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 02:32 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Quote:

Very true...I'm just thinking if I'm eating Gazpacho then pasta salad and then stew and then a milkshake! Just seems like a lot of liquids...More than I prefer...

But it still all sounds really good...
Well the stew is very chunky and only 2 quarts of liquid thats not much and then you reduce my 1" its pretty thick and creamy and tasty.
Old 07-17-2006, 02:42 PM    (permalink
dx13579
Rookie

Quote:

Well the stew is very chunky and only 2 quarts of liquid thats not much and then you reduce my 1" its pretty thick and creamy and tasty.
Ahhh...I usually have my stews a little more on the watery side...So I was imagining that...But that should be fine ending to your meal...

What/Who are you making this lavish 5 course meal for?
Old 07-17-2006, 02:49 PM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.

Alright, these are the food stuffs that I have readily available:

Peanut Butter (creamy)
Peanut Butter (crunchy)
Jelly
Croissants (from Costco)
Bread
Swiss Cheese
Turkey
Mayo
Lettuce

What's the best sandwich I can make using these ingredients? (and no, not using ALL of them)
Old 07-17-2006, 02:54 PM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Re: The Cooking Thread II

Quote:
After the other thread got locked I decided it was time to re-create it agian after some down time. Also I have news: I have begun to take up cocktail making and bartending. I am attempting to create a list of things I can make:

Bloody Mary

hey, what do you put in your bloodys?
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 02:54 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Quote:

Ahhh...I usually have my stews a little more on the watery side...So I was imagining that...But that should be fine ending to your meal...

What/Who are you making this lavish 5 course meal for?
My family and a friend of the family is coming over.
Old 07-17-2006, 02:55 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by drowe
Quote:
After the other thread got locked I decided it was time to re-create it agian after some down time. Also I have news: I have begun to take up cocktail making and bartending. I am attempting to create a list of things I can make:

Bloody Mary

6oz V8 Juice
6 Ice Cubes
3oz of Gin
Lime Juice
Slice of Lime
Celery Stick
Old 07-17-2006, 02:56 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny10804

Peanut Butter (creamy)
Peanut Butter (crunchy)
Jelly
Croissants (from Costco)
Bread
Swiss Cheese
Turkey
Mayo
Lettuce

What's the best sandwich I can make using these ingredients? (and no, not using ALL of them)
Bread + Mayo + Lettuce + Swiss + Turkey
Old 07-17-2006, 03:01 PM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Bloody Mary

6oz V8 Juice
6 Ice Cubes
3oz of Gin
Lime Juice
Slice of Lime
Celery Stick
i'm intrigued by the fact that you use Gin, but that sounds kinda bland...here's a the recipe i've been using:

Mr & Mrs T's Bloody Mary Mix (bold and spicy sounds good, but i always get the original, so i can add my own spices...btw, this is just the name for the base, not the entire recipe...its in most liquor stores)
Vodka
ice
worstechire sauce
lemon juice
tobasco sauce
celery salt

and then whatever you want for garnish...pickles are always good, but if you can find pickled okra, those are GREAT in a bloody mary.
Old 07-17-2006, 03:04 PM    (permalink
Nerv

Man Bloody Mary's are nasty enough as is, now you guys are adding lemon juice & celery to it!? Eeeeyuck.
Old 07-17-2006, 03:05 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Bloody Mary

6oz V8 Juice
6 Ice Cubes
3oz of Gin
Lime Juice
Slice of Lime
Celery Stick
i'm intrigued by the fact that you use Gin, but that sounds kinda bland...here's a the recipe i've been using:

Mr & Mrs T's Bloody Mary Mix (bold and spicy sounds good, but i always get the original, so i can add my own spices...btw, this is just the name for the base, not the entire recipe...its in most liquor stores)
Vodka
ice
worstechire sauce
lemon juice
tobasco sauce
celery salt

and then whatever you want for garnish...pickles are always good, but if you can find pickled okra, those are GREAT in a bloody mary.
I think Gin is better than Vodka but yours sounds amazing, I've just taken it up so its not too exotic as of now. Thanks for the recipe.
Old 07-17-2006, 03:06 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerv
Man Bloody Mary's are nasty enough as is, now you guys are adding lemon juice & celery to it!? Eeeeyuck.
They actually taste pretty good, the V8 is usually too salty but the gin and ice and lime juice help to dull it just right.
Old 07-17-2006, 03:07 PM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerv
dude, i actually hate tomato juice more than anything. I NEVER thought I'd be a Bloody Mary drinker. but, a good Bloody Mary will not taste too much like tomato juice. can't describe what it tastes like, but it rocks. there are only 2 bars in green bay that i ever order 'em in (nothing worse than a bad bloody). And i'll drink the ones i make myself with the recipe listed above.
Old 07-17-2006, 03:12 PM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Bloody Mary

6oz V8 Juice
6 Ice Cubes
3oz of Gin
Lime Juice
Slice of Lime
Celery Stick

Vodka
ice
worstechire sauce
lemon juice
tobasco sauce
celery salt

I think Gin is better than Vodka but yours sounds amazing, I've just taken it up so its not too exotic as of now. Thanks for the recipe.
no prob, lemme know if you try it.
I've actually never had a bloody with gin, but i'll have to try it now because Gin & Tonics are my favorite mixed drink and I've been looking for something else to use Gin in. I'd probably have to alter the recipe because, while vodka is good with a salty drink, gin is a lot more citrusy (did i just invent a word?) and might not be that good with my recipe.
Old 07-17-2006, 03:15 PM    (permalink

Quote:

I've actually never had a bloody with gin, but i'll have to try it now because Gin & Tonics are my favorite mixed drink and I've been looking for something else to use Gin in. I'd probably have to alter the recipe because, while vodka is good with a salty drink, gin is a lot more citrusy (did i just invent a word?) and might not be that good with my recipe.
Do you use Gin or Vodka in Martinis? and yes, you pretty much invented a word.
Old 07-17-2006, 03:18 PM    (permalink
dx13579
Rookie

Quote:

Actually citrusy is a real word...Do you like gin and juice?
Old 07-17-2006, 03:22 PM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

Quote:
Do you use Gin or Vodka in Martinis?
well, i don't make martinis for a couple reasons:
-you have to get top shelf liquor for them to be tolerable, which gets expensive.
-i don't own a martini shaker.
-martini glasses don't fit in my car's cup holder (just kidding)
-i'm not that fancy.

but, when i'm at a bar that serves martinis (which rarely happens) i get 'em with gin. like i said before, i like the taste of a good gin, but gin & tonics and martinis are the only thing i've used gin in.
Old 07-17-2006, 03:28 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Quote:
Do you use Gin or Vodka in Martinis?
well, i don't make martinis for a couple reasons:
-you have to get top shelf liquor for them to be tolerable, which gets expensive.
-i don't own a martini shaker.
-martini glasses don't fit in my car's cup holder (just kidding)
-i'm not that fancy.

but, when i'm at a bar that serves martinis (which rarely happens) i get 'em with gin. like i said before, i like the taste of a good gin, but gin & tonics and martinis are the only thing i've used gin in.
I never had a Martini myslef I was just going to suggest you use Gin if you had been using Vodka in them. As I said my knowledge of mixing drinks is limited and I really dont know that many drinks to mix Gin in.
Old 07-17-2006, 03:34 PM    (permalink
CGF 216/137

well i hate bloody maries because without tabasco or worchester they're way to bland, although sometimes some steak/soy sauces are amazing in them, but with those i hate the taste.

As for Martinis i make mine the way Churchill made his. Poor some gin in a glass and show it the vermouth from the otherside of the room. Even though the original martinis are with vodka i use gin.
Old 07-17-2006, 03:36 PM    (permalink
CGF 216/137

vikings fan: you gonna keep us posted on how this works out?
Old 07-17-2006, 03:38 PM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny10804

Peanut Butter (creamy)
Peanut Butter (crunchy)
Jelly
Croissants (from Costco)
Bread
Swiss Cheese
Turkey
Mayo
Lettuce

I want to take a shot at this.
NO PBJ

Umm toasted bread w/ turkey, lettuce , mayo and cheese put on afterwards (toasting)
Same thing but w/ toasting the cheese w/ the bread

just a thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?
bearfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 04:00 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGF 216/137
well i hate bloody maries because without tabasco or worchester they're way to bland, although sometimes some steak/soy sauces are amazing in them, but with those i hate the taste.

As for Martinis i make mine the way Churchill made his. Poor some gin in a glass and show it the vermouth from the otherside of the room. Even though the original martinis are with vodka i use gin.

Isnt it the other way around?

Quote:
Yes, but the guest had to postpone the date to next Tuesday and she is on a diet so I have to do some extra work to work around this. [/quote]
Old 07-17-2006, 04:03 PM    (permalink
CGF 216/137

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Yes, but the guest had to postpone the date to next Tuesday and she is on a diet so I have to do some extra work to work around this.
[/quote]

nope original martinis were you take a glass, dunk it into some vermouth for the smell, then poor the vermouth out and pour in vodka.

as for the meal i gues you should change the desert then. depending on her diet you might wanna reconsider the pasta as well.
Old 07-17-2006, 04:04 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Yes, but the guest had to postpone the date to next Tuesday and she is on a diet so I have to do some extra work to work around this.
nope original martinis were you take a glass, dunk it into some vermouth for the smell, then poor the vermouth out and pour in vodka.

as for the meal i gues you should change the desert then. depending on her diet you might wanna reconsider the pasta as well.[/quote]

Huh, I didnt know that.

She has Atkins or something like that, the Pasta and Milkshakes will have to go.