Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 04-11-2007, 06:07 PM    (permalink
DaBears0530
Rookie

DaBears0530 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Wiscon Football 2007

How do you think they'll do this year? with the loss of Joe Thomas i dont think our run game will be as good, but we still got P. J. I think they'll win the Big Ten at least.
Old 04-11-2007, 06:52 PM    (permalink
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
Pro Bowler

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have heard that incoming freshmen John Clay will start over P.J. Pope.

Thanks to Bone Krusher for the sig
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 06:57 PM    (permalink
gbpackers0065
Pro Bowler

gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 View Post
I have heard that incoming freshmen John Clay will start over P.J. Pope.
you mean PJ Hill PJ Pope is a 4th string RB for the packers
Old 04-11-2007, 07:02 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

PJ Hill will start at RB; Clay battled some injuries his senior year and Racine Park and PJ did an extraordinary job as a freshman; I have a hard time believing he doesn't start

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 10:28 AM    (permalink
volman88
Rookie

volman88 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

PJ Hill is a beast. Heisman 09

Dallas Cowboys/Denver Broncos/Tennessee Volunteer Fan
volman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 11:50 AM    (permalink
ToldLikeItIs
Pro Bowler

ToldLikeItIs ToldLikeItIs ToldLikeItIs ToldLikeItIs ToldLikeItIs

LOL...Pj Hill for Heisman
ToldLikeItIs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 02:21 PM    (permalink
Jelephant87
Rookie

Jelephant87 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Don't know if anyone else saw but last night Kirk Herbstreit (sp?) was on ESPN previewing the conference front-runners and he said he wouldn't be surprised if there were 4 Big 10 teams with 0 or 1 loss going into late November. He also said he thinks Penn St. and Wisconsin could be in the driver seat (maybe because of schedule).

I think Wisconsin will definitely make it to a BCS bowl this year. They'll have a great defense and the running game will be good as always and allow time for the new QB to be brought along. Big 10 title will come down to the game against Michigan. Anyone know who the front-runner is for the QB job?
Jelephant87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 02:37 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelephant87 View Post
Don't know if anyone else saw but last night Kirk Herbstreit (sp?) was on ESPN previewing the conference front-runners and he said he wouldn't be surprised if there were 4 Big 10 teams with 0 or 1 loss going into late November. He also said he thinks Penn St. and Wisconsin could be in the driver seat (maybe because of schedule).

I think Wisconsin will definitely make it to a BCS bowl this year. They'll have a great defense and the running game will be good as always and allow time for the new QB to be brought along. Big 10 title will come down to the game against Michigan. Anyone know who the front-runner is for the QB job?
I would assume Donavan b/c he played very well in limited action last year

Old 04-20-2007, 02:50 PM    (permalink
OhioState
Veteran

OhioState hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.OhioState hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBears0530 View Post
How do you think they'll do this year? with the loss of Joe Thomas i dont think our run game will be as good, but we still got P. J. I think they'll win the Big Ten at least.
at least win the big ten? that is a pretty good accomplishment. i think they will come in second in the big ten behind Ohio State. I am felling a down year for Michigan after losing their defense.
Old 04-20-2007, 03:10 PM    (permalink
Bostonsportlova
Rookie

Bostonsportlova hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Win the Big Ten.
Bostonsportlova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 08:56 AM    (permalink
sodar21
Veteran

sodar21 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I got them as a dark horse NC contender.
sodar21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 09:05 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the only team im truly afraid of in the big ten.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 09:17 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioState View Post
at least win the big ten? that is a pretty good accomplishment. i think they will come in second in the big ten behind Ohio State. I am felling a down year for Michigan after losing their defense.
Didn't OSU lose 9 or 10 defensive starters and still get to the NC? And didn't you lost your offense this year? Doesn't really make sense to me.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 09:31 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Michigan and Wisconsin will be the top 2 teams in the conference when it comes down to their matcchup at the end of the year and the Badgers will win. The Badgers have almost all their starters back and they have the OL depth to replace Thomas. Their offense will be able to run the ball down opponents throats and Beckum will be a bigger force in the passing game. Their secondary and collective defense will be tough to move the ball on. Michigan has the offensive game to compete but their lack of experience and talent on defense will be their downfall

Old 04-21-2007, 09:42 AM    (permalink
OhioState
Veteran

OhioState hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.OhioState hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
Didn't OSU lose 9 or 10 defensive starters and still get to the NC? And didn't you lost your offense this year? Doesn't really make sense to me.
fair enough but i see us being able to replace our offense with a power runnign attack this year. michigan is losing it's best guys at all levels of the defense while we had guys like malcolm jenkins and James Laurinaitis and Quinn pittcock who had experience to step up. i am not saying michigan does't have guys like that but what we did last year after losing so many guys is the exception not the rule.
Old 04-21-2007, 12:06 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think we'll finish second behind Michigan. OSU will be third. I can't see Ohio State jumping either team. That should get us a BCS bowl that we should have had last year.
Old 04-21-2007, 12:22 PM    (permalink
DaBears0530
Rookie

whos going to QB them, because they lost John Stocco??
Old 04-21-2007, 09:27 PM    (permalink
jtsteward
Rookie

jtsteward hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBears0530 View Post
whos going to QB them, because they lost John Stocco??
Either Tyler Donovan or Kansas State transfer Allan Evridge. Both looked fairly good at today's Spring Game. Donovan started in place of Stocco against Buffalo and Iowa last year and played very well.
jtsteward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 09:32 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtsteward View Post
Either Tyler Donovan or Kansas State transfer Allan Evridge. Both looked fairly good at today's Spring Game. Donovan started in place of Stocco against Buffalo and Iowa last year and played very well.
Whoever wins I am fine with. I honestly do not see a drop of at the QB position. If anything they'll be better than Stocco.
Old 04-21-2007, 09:35 PM    (permalink
wiscbadgerfootball
Pro Bowler

wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have high hopes
QB: Donovan has great potential
RB: Clay, Hill, and Lance Smith could all contribute
FB: After sitting out with injuries Chris Presley will be back
OL: lose Thomas.. should be intriguing battle between Jake Bscherer and Gabe Carimi
DL: pretty experienced crew
LB: Jon Casillas will lead the talented group.. watch out for Elijah Hodge
DB: Ikegounwou has great talent.. not sure about rest of the crew

hopin' for the best though

sig by me.. first in ages, pm with requests
wiscbadgerfootball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 12:33 AM    (permalink
DaBears0530
Rookie

Im real excited for U of W football this year i think will do real good.
Old 04-22-2007, 09:30 AM    (permalink
jtsteward
Rookie

jtsteward hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiscbadgerfootball View Post
I have high hopes
QB: Donovan has great potential
RB: Clay, Hill, and Lance Smith could all contribute
FB: After sitting out with injuries Chris Presley will be back
OL: lose Thomas.. should be intriguing battle between Jake Bscherer and Gabe Carimi
DL: pretty experienced crew
LB: Jon Casillas will lead the talented group.. watch out for Elijah Hodge
DB: Ikegounwou has great talent.. not sure about rest of the crew

hopin' for the best though
On top of that we have a great group of WR's and TE's coming back.
jtsteward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 11:45 AM    (permalink
wiscbadgerfootball
Pro Bowler

wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

defintely TE- Beckum is amazing

but WR could be shaky, Hubbard is inconsistent and Swan is alright but not spectacular

sig by me.. first in ages, pm with requests
wiscbadgerfootball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 01:18 PM    (permalink
MikeIsGood
Rookie

MikeIsGood hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Hubbard got better as the year went on, and he went through the spring game yesterday without a dropped catch. I think we'll see a better Hubbard in 07/08.

Swan is a very solid option as third receiver, which he is when you take into account that Beckum is our first option. 35 catches for 595 yards and 5 touchdowns. I'll gladly take that out of my third receiving option. Especially on a run-oriented team like the Badgers. I'd say it's quite easily arguable that Swan was better this past season than Hubbard.

I'm interested to see who steps up at WR behind Hubbard and Swan. Moore got burn at the spring game yesterday, while Isaac Anderson didn't get much PT despite receiving praise from Bret throughout spring practice.

Really can't forget the possibility of MRE, either.
MikeIsGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 03:11 PM    (permalink
EvilMonkey
Veteran

EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm really on edge about the Wisconsin offense. Not necessarily worried about them struggling, they can pound the ball on the ground the entire game if they wanted to, but if they are in a situation where they are forced to pass to get back in or win a game, I'm not sold on them. I love Donovan and think he will provide more on offense than Stocco in terms of playmaking ability, but I'm not sold on the WR's that he's gonna have to work with if a big play is needed. They are solid but I think there could be games when the opposing teams can simply shut down the pass game and hopefully the run game can be enough.