Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-11-2007, 11:47 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses View Post
Morency/Herron would be one of the worst runningback tandems in the NFL. Neither has proven anything.
Hence why I think Morency is prime for a breakout season. He's going to go from virtual unknown and afterthought into a reliable starter in the NFL
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 11:50 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
Hence why I think Morency is prime for a breakout season. He's going to go from virtual unknown and afterthought into a reliable starter in the NFL
Yoooo, make me a sig!! Please....
Old 04-11-2007, 11:56 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
True - Herron's a career backup and actually a great guy to have as your #3 RB but Morency definitely has potential - even though most people don't even consider it. I'm glad to see non packer fans are giving him recognition.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 11:58 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Yoooo, make me a sig!! Please....
PM me with an idea
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 11:58 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by umphrey View Post
True - Herron's a career backup and actually a great guy to have as your #3 RB but Morency definitely has potential - even though most people don't even consider it. I'm glad to see non packer fans are giving him recognition.
Why does everyone show up after I lose?

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 11:59 PM    (permalink
MP123
Veteran

MP123 smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
Barber is my vote as well. I think the Barber/Jones duo would be much better off with Barber getting the majority of carries and softening the defense, and Jones coming in for about ten or so carries a game. If that happens, I expect Barber to have a monster season.
I can't see how he can have a breakout year this year. He already had one last year. He had 654 yards rushing and 14 touchdowns.
MP123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 02:38 AM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The top name that comes to mind would be Laurence Maroney, provided he's healthy. If he's healthy, they should have a system more suited to his running style, and better weapons in the passing game to create increased opportunities in the run game.

Maroney slightly edges out DeAngelo Williams for me, largely because, as of now, Maroney doesn't have as strong competition for touches, IMO. That said, the Panthers system should suit DeAngelo much better, and if he gets the touches, it could be a big year.

Ronnie Brown wasn't really considered for me, largely because, while getting 1000 yards is no big deal, I don't really think of him as a breakout option, barring Ronnie going crazy and having, say, 1600 rushing yards or something significantly better. But that's my own guidelines. I guess that's the same reasoning for Addai (1400 total yards is a pretty dang good season and hard to really break out from that).

Whoever's the main runner in Buffalo should have a lot of opportunities as well. My darkhorse would be Lamont Jordan putting together a big year with the revamped leadership and structure there.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 02:40 AM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toonsterwu View Post
The top name that comes to mind would be Laurence Maroney, provided he's healthy. If he's healthy, they should have a system more suited to his running style, and better weapons in the passing game to create increased opportunities in the run game.

Maroney slightly edges out DeAngelo Williams for me, largely because, as of now, Maroney doesn't have as strong competition for touches, IMO. That said, the Panthers system should suit DeAngelo much better, and if he gets the touches, it could be a big year.

Ronnie Brown wasn't really considered for me, largely because, while getting 1000 yards is no big deal, I don't really think of him as a breakout option, barring Ronnie going crazy and having, say, 1600 rushing yards or something significantly better. But that's my own guidelines. I guess that's the same reasoning for Addai (1400 total yards is a pretty dang good season and hard to really break out from that).

Whoever's the main runner in Buffalo should have a lot of opportunities as well. My darkhorse would be Lamont Jordan putting together a big year with the revamped leadership and structure there.
I'm surprised you didn't name drop Benson. Any runningback in the Bears system should be good for 1000+ yards, and if you toss in a talented guy like Benson who knows what's possibly.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 03:26 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Deangelo as a candidate for breakout RB of the year. If he can steal more carries away from Foster he will find himself in a pretty decent situation.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 03:49 PM    (permalink
PapaBearHalas

I like DeAngelo (a lot), so I will pick him to break out. I also think Benson will have a good year.
Old 04-12-2007, 04:16 PM    (permalink
constant cough
Rookie

constant cough hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Benson and Norwood.
constant cough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 05:18 PM    (permalink
throwback54milkman
Veteran

throwback54milkman needs more cowbell.

Neon Leon Washington

^^Sig From Nvot9
J-E-T-S JETS! JETS! JETS!
throwback54milkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 05:28 PM    (permalink
Hurricane Ditka
Team Leader
All-Pro

Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by throwback54milkman View Post
Neon Leon Washington
That'll be difficult behind Jones.

sig by VLS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe View Post
I don't care...
Hurricane Ditka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 05:30 PM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Without a doubt, MICHAEL TURNER, provided that he gets a chance to start.
art vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 05:36 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not so much of a breakout year, but I think Jamal will put up a better year than last year having his ankle cleaned up.

My non-homer pick would have to be Ced Benson, I think hes going to go for 1,200+ next year.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 05:43 PM    (permalink
remix 6
Pro Bowler

remix 6 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Maroney - gets the bulk of carries..ZBS coming in..more threats so teams dont stack 8 in box. Big year

Barber - Marion Barber that is..hes well liked in Dallas..he'll get a chance to compete for starting role..and JJ will get hurt like always so Barber grabs it. Hes a strong guy who scored over 12 TDs last year

McGahee - he actually enjoys where he is right now and its a better team overall. They'll find a way to use him effectivley and he'll have a big year in B-Town

Henry - Denver..what else do i need to say?
remix 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 05:54 PM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

Jay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Laurence Maroney and Cedric Benson, both by default. Both are clear-cut starters on teams that are clearly among the top two or three in their division, or the whole NFL for that matter, so both should get a ton of touches, probably double what they had last year...
Old 04-12-2007, 06:37 PM    (permalink
RWFender1
Veteran

RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1

Laurance Maroney
Reggie Bush (i see him getting more carries on the ground next year)
Marshawn Lynch

gamertag: uscfan06

RWFender1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 07:01 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

DeAngelo, he's going to take the starting job and then explode in the ZBS.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 07:02 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

People will see with all the money they wasted that Wali Lundy is the best back on their roster.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 07:06 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I definitely agree with the Cedric Benson mention, that boy is a beast waiting for more touches and is a perfect fit for that team/city. I'd probably put Brandon Jacobs close behind, I think Droughns will help keep him fresh for the entirety of a season but won't steal too many carries from the big guy.

Re: Joseph Addai, even though he didn't start a regular season game last year, he did get a majority of the carries and even more than that, he was on the field for a majority of the time whether or not he touched the ball (especially pass blocking). So I'm not sure if any natural improvement from a very productive rookie year can be considerd a "break-out," if the Colts still plan on working with two backs to keep both guys reasonably fresh for the end of the year.

Last edited by Geo : 04-12-2007 at 07:11 PM.
Geo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 07:23 PM    (permalink
tylerb929
Rookie

tylerb929 is a cocksman.tylerb929 is a cocksman.tylerb929 is a cocksman.tylerb929 is a cocksman.tylerb929 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
if the Colts still plan on working with two backs
Breakout RB: DeDe Dorsey
tylerb929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 07:37 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm looking forward to seeing what 3D will do. All reports indicate that the team sees promise in him, mind you they kept him on the 53-man roster for the entire season after snatching him on waivers once the Bengals cut him in their final roster cuts. Anyody who saw him play in the pre-season with the Bengals could see why the Colts like him.

I think it's very possible that the Colts choose to operate with Addai and 3D. The team also signed Kenton Keith from the CFL, and there are some solid mid-round backs in this year's Draft, so it will be interesting to see how it all unfolds by the time the season starts.

Whoever is on the roster will have the benefit of runningbacks coach Gene Huey, who has been a mainstay for the Colts for over 15 years and has coached Marshall Faulk to Edgerrin James to Dominic Rhodes to Joseph Addai. Another case where the Colts have been very forutnate to have consistent, quality coaching - something that is overlooked today imo.
Old 04-12-2007, 07:52 PM    (permalink
HoopsDemon12
Pro Bowler

HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses View Post
Get real. The Bucaneers are one of the worst teams in football. You can bring up all the statistics you want but the truth is that the Bucs simply aren't a very talented team. The Bears would crush them routinely and arguments could be made for both the Packers and Vikings. As for rebuilding, what do you think Tampa Bay is doing?
if you wanan talk about the worst teams in football can i throw my bills in there!!?? until wilson jr dies we aint doin nothing...and the raiders gotta get thrown in there to...wow two crappy once pround franchises...two senial old owners..wow thats a first in one of my posts

Sig By Diehardvikingfan
HoopsDemon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 07:58 PM    (permalink
Ewing
Pro Bowler

Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.

He'll dominate the Ohio Penal League.
Ewing is offline   Reply With Quote