Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum

Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum Who dey gonna discuss dem Bengals?

Old 04-12-2007, 02:21 PM    (permalink
WhoDeyBucks

Default So what do you think of Scott's new mock??

I have to say I'm a little disappointed. I don't like the Ray McDonald pick in the 2nd. As an OSU fan, I'm uneasy picking Leon Hall. He didn't impress me when he played against the Buckeyes (or USC for that matter). But, on the other hand most people consider him the #1 CB in the draft.
Old 04-12-2007, 02:52 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like it. Hall is a good corner. McDonald provides some depth although, I wouldnt pass up Weddle who Scott has in Rd 3
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 03:41 PM    (permalink
Bengals1690
Veteran

Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i hate it, to be quite honest. weddle should have been picked in the second, and i really dont like leon hall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mythbusta View Post
i love my pedestal. thats why im the mythbusta.
who dey?
Bengals1690 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 08:32 PM    (permalink
BengalsPwn
Veteran

BengalsPwn needs more cowbell.

The only thing I dont like about the mock is that we pass up Jamaal Anderson and Jarvis Moss in the first. You guys still seem to forget that outside our starters we dont have a single impact DE. Justin will be gone next year so we need a replacement. Unless you guys believe Frostee is the future or Eric Henderson will be playing with his hand down like in college instead of LB like his been practicing at. I still firmly believe the only reason why our pass defense was so bad is bc we didn't provide much, if any, pass rush. If Anderson and Moss are gone, then I would much prefer Hall over any other of the CB's in the first. He is battle tested, big and fast, and can play the run. Its not like hes the only one Ginn burned. If you really look at it, Ginn burned all 3 thorpe finalists last year which is pretty impressive. He killed Ross, Hall, and Nelson (on the kick return).

Big ups to jkpigskin for the sig.
BengalsPwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 08:53 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really really really doubt we take Anderson. Regardless of whether or not we like Frostee Marvin is obviously very high on him so I can't see spending a high pick on another DE. I think we should see what Frostee can do first.

My clear favorite is Revis but I'm not sure who to think would win the Hall/Houston spot.

I'm really just hoping that Reggie Nelson falls to us or we trade down and can take Griffin.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 08:54 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The reason our pass defense sucked is Tory James and Dealtha Oneal playing like crap.
Old 04-12-2007, 08:55 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
I really really really doubt we take Anderson. Regardless of whether or not we like Frostee Marvin is obviously very high on him so I can't see spending a high pick on another DE. I think we should see what Frostee can do first.

My clear favorite is Revis but I'm not sure who to think would win the Hall/Houston spot.

I'm really just hoping that Reggie Nelson falls to us or we trade down and can take Griffin.
Yeah. I agree about Nelson or Griffin
Old 04-13-2007, 04:19 AM    (permalink
rickscott
Veteran

rickscott hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

If we get Nelson, do you think our intent is to try him at CB first and if that doesn't work, move him to Safety? I'll be happy with a DB at #1. I'm to the point that it can be Hall, Revis or Houston or Griffin or Nelson and I'll be happy with any one of them.
rickscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 07:09 AM    (permalink
Scarlet&GreyBengal

i like griffin just as much as the next guy, but i dont think hed be an impact player for us in the first, he is not solid in coverage and wont be an instant impact guy for us, sure hed be great if dexter keeps getting injured, but we need someone whos gonna make an impact no matter what in the first, at least with nelson he can play on all nickel sets at either cb or safety, and has the potential to be moved to cb full time if they go that route.
Old 04-13-2007, 10:46 AM    (permalink
AkiliSmith
Veteran

AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hall would be a very good pick in round 1. He has great character, is a beast against the run and very solid against the pass. Him and Joseph would be one hell of a duo.

I also love the pick of McDonald. He's undersized but has the frame to be around 300 comfortably. His strength and athletic ability would make him a perfect fit as a penetrating, disruptive under tackle, and that's exactly what this defense needs.

Not loving the third round pick of Blah though...
AkiliSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 11:34 AM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkiliSmith View Post

Not loving the third round pick of Blah though...
Yeah I heard Blah was more of a 4th or 5th rounder.

And Griffin doesnt get enough credit for his coverage in pass.
Old 04-13-2007, 12:01 PM    (permalink
mrpotamus

I generally do not think DE is a need, but Jamal Anderson may be too good to pass up if he is there. He has great height and weight, and he is very good against the run and pass. That would allow them to try to trade Justin Smith for maybe a second or a third. If we got Anderson, Smith would be expendable.

I really do not like Ray McDonald in the second. He is a reach and too small to be an effective DT. He is basically just Bryan Robinson.