Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum

Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum Discuss the Eagles.

Old 04-12-2007, 02:45 PM    (permalink
tucaaron

in the new mock they have yus getting:Brandon meriweather-s-miami,David Harris-mlb-michigan,& tony hunt-rb-penn st in the first 3 rounds.personaly,if this happens it would be a great draft 4 the eagles
Old 04-12-2007, 03:01 PM    (permalink
DowntownReggieBrown
Rookie

DowntownReggieBrown hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

aside from the fact that I dont think theres a chance in hell that andy would take Merriweather..... sure, GREAT!

1. Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie
2. Chris Williams
3. Kenny Phillips
4. Devin Thomas
DowntownReggieBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 03:33 PM    (permalink
LitoSheppard
Veteran

LitoSheppard needs more cowbell.

I'm not sure why the Eagles would take Meriwether over Griffin..and Buster Davis would be wayyyy better in the 2nd..and the 3rd i don't want offense..i want defense...so I really only think the first is a decent pick..cause i do like Meriwether

^ bantx
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEROY_FROM_YONDER View Post
**** this forum it will never ever been good cause its memebers eat doo doo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
I just left him negative rep saying "I don't eat doo doo".
LitoSheppard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 03:34 PM    (permalink
jonbrodo17
Rookie

jonbrodo17 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

there is some chance they would take meriweather, but you are right, probably not and i think it would be an OK draft, if Jamal Anderson fell that far down i would love to trade up and steal him

sig by Jackalope

RIP VT Students 4/16/07

Vote McCain '08
jonbrodo17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 06:45 PM    (permalink
Green Kool Aid
Rookie

Green Kool Aid hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

It just goes to show how people form out of town never get the local way of doing things. The Eagles will never draft a guy with character issues, especially one who gets in fights and kicks players in the head. Could you imagine the headlines in Philly?

I think this was Scott's "crazy" mock for some attention. He'll fix it before the draft. Why did Jamaal Anderson fall so much? I don't think Brady Quinn will get past Minnesota.

I also think that the Eagles would pick Sidney Rice, Quentin Moses, or Daymieon Hughes in the second over David Harris.

I think the third pick is fine, but that would mean that Ryan Moats probably gets cut. I'm not sure if that's a good thing.
Green Kool Aid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 04:25 PM    (permalink
jonbrodo17
Rookie

jonbrodo17 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Kool Aid View Post
It just goes to show how people form out of town never get the local way of doing things. The Eagles will never draft a guy with character issues, especially one who gets in fights and kicks players in the head. Could you imagine the headlines in Philly?

I think this was Scott's "crazy" mock for some attention. He'll fix it before the draft. Why did Jamaal Anderson fall so much? I don't think Brady Quinn will get past Minnesota.

I also think that the Eagles would pick Sidney Rice, Quentin Moses, or Daymieon Hughes in the second over David Harris.

I think the third pick is fine, but that would mean that Ryan Moats probably gets cut. I'm not sure if that's a good thing.
I get the Inquirer and Daily News, the first couple of days there would be big headlines, but i don't really understand why they wouldn't pick meriweather cuz the newspapers would hate him. I can't directly quote it but he did an espn interview on the draft edition and he said that he would discuss his issues with teams and he's going to try and change. I think the fans would love meriweather

sig by Jackalope

RIP VT Students 4/16/07

Vote McCain '08
jonbrodo17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 08:07 AM    (permalink
Green Kool Aid
Rookie

Green Kool Aid hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbrodo17 View Post
there is some chance they would take meriweather, but you are right, probably not and i think it would be an OK draft, if Jamal Anderson fell that far down i would love to trade up and steal him
I don't know why Anderson is slipping all of a sudden, but if he fell like this (which he won't, at least not without a good reason that would make you think twice about picking him), then the Eagles would trade up in a heartbeat.
Green Kool Aid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 09:47 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like this mock for the most part. I would be happy with those picks, but I would prefer Griffin over Meriweather and I would prefer not to get a Trotter clone, only not as good. I don't like Harris. Hunt is a good pick though.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 09:22 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Scott has to balance his assessment of team needs, the management philosophy, and he also doesn't predict trades. When you are constrained like that, it makes the actual predictions much more difficult. I rarely see mock drafts that end up being more than 50% accurate, even in the first round. Players start to jump and slide. Scott can't account for that 2 weeks out, but he can do his best based on scouting, hot/cold lists, and educated guesses. Same goes for any mock drafter.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 09:24 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As for my actual happiness with the Eagles mock in this case, this is the best that Scott has done to date. I'm not thrilled with Merriweather's behavioral issues, but his talent is undeniable. I'm not terribly thrilled with Harris, but he would fit a need and can play MLB in our scheme. I don't love Tony Hunt, but at that value, I'd absolutely take him. It's all better than the team reaching for a lackluster NFL talent like Troy Smith like Scott had all along...

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Old 04-16-2007, 03:08 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like this mock, would prefer Griffin though.
Old 04-20-2007, 07:14 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This one is good too.
Old 04-21-2007, 09:37 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree, I would not complain, but I would prefer Griffin in the first. And another LB.

Old 04-23-2007, 10:00 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

New mock-
1st: Michael Griffin
2nd: Charles Johnson
3rd: Tony Hunt

I love that mock draft and if it actually played out that way I would be ecstatic.
Old 04-24-2007, 06:35 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by cunningham06 View Post
New mock-
1st: Michael Griffin
2nd: Charles Johnson
3rd: Tony Hunt

I love that mock draft and if it actually played out that way I would be ecstatic.
This is probably my most favorite one yet, now only if we could make it happen. It does seem realistic, but we all know this isn't an exact science.

Old 04-24-2007, 08:13 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

I'd be perfectly fine with this draft, but I'd also prefer a CB in round 3 instead of Hunt. I feel like there are other backs that could be had later on. Either way, with all the trading bound to be happening at the top, the first round is going to be absolutely insane. Pretty much all the teams in the top 12 could move up or down under different scenarios. It is likely that the Raiders will stand pat, but after that, it's a total crapshoot.

Old 04-24-2007, 05:45 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

I don't think it will be as crazy as many are suggesting. It think there may be two or three trades in the top twelve, but that is all. It will be interesting to see how many trades there are later on the first day.

Old 04-25-2007, 03:52 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

One thing guys must remember that I just thought of. If you have us trading away William Thomas, we are going to need to draft a Tackle at some point in this draft. It should probably be a later round pick if he were to be traded, but our FO (mainly AR) loves those linemen. Just thought I would bring it up.

Old 04-25-2007, 04:01 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

With Runyan and Thomas both aging, a second round OT who is a good value might actually happen. If they're going to trade William Thomas, they could take an OT in round 1 as well.

Old 04-25-2007, 06:45 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

I don't think they would take a Tackle on day one, because we have Winston Justice, but we would need depth to go behind him.