Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-12-2007, 10:24 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
And it's the National Football League.

Its a USA sports league, everybody knows it, it should remain in the USA and only the USA.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 10:25 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
Its a USA sports league, everybody knows it, it should remain in the USA and only the USA.
Why? There's really no good reason for that. Why would having a Candian NFL team negatively effect the NFL in any way?
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 10:33 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Icon

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
And it's the National Football League.
The NBA is a National league but it has a team from Toronto

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 10:34 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24cadillac24 View Post
The NBA is a National league but it has a team from Toronto
I know, get the Raptors out of Canada!
Old 04-12-2007, 10:50 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
And the entire Hampton Roads area is still smaller geographically then the city of Jacksonville.

Maybe you dont exactly understand

http://www.md-va-homefinders.com/ima...t%20Area-l.gif

It doesnt look that small to me

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 11:09 PM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

Jay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

I don't think you're understanding what a three hour radius from Jacksonville is:

I don't dispute that the area is big... but I am pretty confident Jacksonville has just as much or more to work with...
Old 04-12-2007, 11:09 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

How did this turn into an argument about land mass? That really has no bearing on an expansion team.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 11:25 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Toronto!!!!!!!!! im tried of always watching those damn Gaints, Eagles, Cowboys, Redskins, and Bills. I want the Packer games!!!!!
Old 04-12-2007, 11:26 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I know, get the Raptors out of Canada!
why that? i would rather play for a HOLE Country then a city, and this is Canada team.
Old 04-12-2007, 11:31 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Icon

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Minnesota....
Old 04-12-2007, 11:32 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Red represents the 757 area while yellow is around a 3 hour radius, it maybe a bit exageratted, but i do come up a bit short going north

Also isnt Orlando closer to Tampa...granted Virginia beach is mighty close to Washington, but so's Baltimore and Philly

Last edited by neko4 : 04-12-2007 at 11:34 PM.
Old 04-13-2007, 12:26 AM    (permalink
MP123
Veteran

MP123 smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
Las Vegas! Sooner or later a major sports league is going to have to recognize that market. I doubt it will be the NFL, probably the NHL before anyone.

San Antonio would also be a pretty obvious destination with what they did for the Saints while the Super Dome was down for the count.
Yes Vegas. I could see NHL. The Wranglers have been winning consistently (15 straight games) and there have been lots of fans at the games.
MP123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 12:31 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We dont need any new teams, 32 is fine but....... I want another expansion draft so bad.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 12:51 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They need a team in New Mexico, or Nevada

But yeah the NFL is watered down well at least the NFC side is, lets switch some NFC and AFC teams.

JAx moving would suck becuase that is an amazing place to have a SB, like it was with the PAts and Eagles, i think if they move it will be somewhere like Alabama,
Old 04-13-2007, 02:18 AM    (permalink
Non_Sequitur
Veteran

Non_Sequitur hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Oklahoma City. It's a large enough city, they've shown they love sports, it's a good place where there aren't many other things going on, and there are no sports team within reasonable travelling distance.
Non_Sequitur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 07:51 AM    (permalink
Maybe Next Year Millen2
Veteran

Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Detroit needs a pro team. Expand over the Lions. I won't mind.
Maybe Next Year Millen2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 07:52 AM    (permalink
eacantdraft
Pro Bowler

eacantdraft smells like sex panther.

The NFL should expand no more.
eacantdraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 08:05 AM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

Jay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
The Red represents the 757 area while yellow is around a 3 hour radius, it maybe a bit exageratted, but i do come up a bit short going north

Also isnt Orlando closer to Tampa...granted Virginia beach is mighty close to Washington, but so's Baltimore and Philly
You're SOL because of Baltimore and the Redskins. Notice how your three hour radius puts you in both cities? There is no possible way either team would allow for another team that close to theme. Hell, I can guarantee even the Panthers would gripe, and possibly Indy and Philly too.
Old 04-13-2007, 08:39 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think the Hampton Roads area can financially support a team. I don't know the numbers, but I am familiar with the area, and its not the most financially thriving area in the country as far as residents.

I think one area that we are overlooking is Oregon. There is a big interest in football there between Oregon and Oregon St. I'm assuming most in Oregon are Seahawk fans but I would be willing to bet a lot would switch over. Portland might be a little too close to Seattle. Perhaps there is another site that could hold a team within the state.
Old 04-13-2007, 09:34 AM    (permalink
asmitty45
Veteran

asmitty45 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I would say Portland. They have a sizeable following for the Blazers and you knwo how crazy Seahawk fans can be, so the dedication and ppl are there its a lack of stadium which is their biggest setback, if they ould get a stadium i bet theyd get serious consideration from the league

fenikz

"Pride comes before the fall" - Mark Dantonio

35-21
asmitty45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 10:23 AM    (permalink
Non_Sequitur
Veteran

Non_Sequitur hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asmitty45 View Post
I would say Portland. They have a sizeable following for the Blazers and you knwo how crazy Seahawk fans can be, so the dedication and ppl are there its a lack of stadium which is their biggest setback, if they ould get a stadium i bet theyd get serious consideration from the league
As someone who used to live in Portland, a pro Baseball team is more appropriate. They are a lot more of a laissez-faire people, who don't have the intensity of football fans.
Non_Sequitur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 10:32 AM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No to an expansion team, but what about league realignment? If you expand, you have to do that again.

Also JAX is doing pretty good for itself as of right now. There is a good rivalry with the Indianapolis Colts which is great for a team that wants to stay in an area. They also have plenty of areas around that brings in good revenue. Daytona, Tallahasse (I believe), Orlando isn't too far off, south Georgia, etc. Florida is a good spot for most teams (sans the Devil Rays---unless they get a new stadium) as there is so much tourism in FL.

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece
Philliez01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 10:34 AM    (permalink
Bengals1690
Veteran

Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

they shouldnt relocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by mythbusta View Post
i love my pedestal. thats why im the mythbusta.
who dey?
Bengals1690 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 11:45 AM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
I don't think the Hampton Roads area can financially support a team. I don't know the numbers, but I am familiar with the area, and its not the most financially thriving area in the country as far as residents.

I think one area that we are overlooking is Oregon. There is a big interest in football there between Oregon and Oregon St. I'm assuming most in Oregon are Seahawk fans but I would be willing to bet a lot would switch over. Portland might be a little too close to Seattle. Perhaps there is another site that could hold a team within the state.
And what about Hampton Roads that makes unable to financially support a team? Have you ever been to Virginia Beach, its changed since the 80's.
http://www.forbes.com/lifestyle/2005...28home_ls.html

Quote:
According to Yochum, Virginia Beach is also helped by its strong military economic base. Military areas tend to have less-extreme income distributions (a reason San Diego makes the list as well), and retirees in the area have comfortable military pensions, he says
Virginia Beach ranked 4th on Forbe's list. Norfolk and Portsmouth are helped by the shipyards. Williamsburg profits from tourism.

Old 04-13-2007, 12:06 PM    (permalink
Acreboy
Pro Bowler

Acreboy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Acreboy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Nowhere.
Agreed. (10)
Acreboy is offline   Reply With Quote