Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Oakland Raiders Team Forum

Oakland Raiders Team Forum Discuss the Raiders

Old 04-13-2007, 03:20 AM    (permalink
Windy
All-Pro

Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.
Default Raiders sign OG Cooper Carlisle

Solid addition to the OL. Veteran with ZBS experience.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_5656514

Quote:
Cooper Carlisle will be at Invesco Field at Mile High for the Broncos' home opener this season. But he'll be on the other sideline ... in silver and black.
Carlisle agreed to terms Thursday night to a two-year contract with the Oakland Raiders.
The Broncos host Oakland on Sept. 16 in the second week of the season. Carlisle was a starting guard for the Broncos the past two years and likely will start for the Raiders, who mimic Denver's zone-blocking scheme. Oakland recently signed former Denver offensive lineman Cornell Green.
Carlisle, 29, was drafted by Denver in the fourth round in 2000. The Broncos had an offer for Carlisle to return, but Denver is going to allow newly signed Montrae Holland and second-year player Chris Kuper to compete at guard. Carlisle visited Seattle, Tampa Bay and Houston before agreeing with the Raiders.
"Cooper appreciated his time in Denver and everything they did for him," his agent, Frank Murtha, said Thursday night. "But it's time to move on."
Defensive tackle Michael Myers is Denver's only remaining free agent.
Windy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 03:22 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good pick up, wouldn't have minded seeing him in Tampa

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 03:44 AM    (permalink
Windy
All-Pro

Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.

He had a sub-par year last year but he's been good his whole career for the most part.

http://snap.stats.com/stats/nflinfo/...5141&Submit=Go
Windy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 09:14 AM    (permalink
NIN1984
Pro Bowler

NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have been trying to figure out what the O-line will look like and now with the singing of Carlisle and hoping we land Kalil at #33 I think this could be the starting lineup.

LT- Robert Gallery, He deserves another shot at LT now in the ZBS.

LG- Jeremy Newberry, From what I heard he can play both C and G, if we draft Kalil I would like him at guard.

C- Ryan Kalil, This would be such a great pick.

RG- Cooper Carlisle, Good pick up, will more than likely start.

RT- Kevin Boothe, Played well at guard last season, but I canít help but think he would be better off at RT in the ZBS.
Old 04-13-2007, 11:12 AM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nice, especially for what we are trying to do.
Old 04-13-2007, 11:45 AM    (permalink
RaiderLifer
Rookie

RaiderLifer hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think this unit is going to surprise a lot of people. My optimism is starting to get a little out of control I think I need to go watch some game tape from last year.
Old 04-13-2007, 12:10 PM    (permalink
portermvp84
Pro Bowler

portermvp84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I've heard of him, but I really don't know very much about him. I think he's a good fit for our system.

Thanks to jackalope
portermvp84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 12:14 PM    (permalink
Tha rizzock
Rookie

Tha rizzock needs more cowbell.

Hes going to automaticlly start at guard.
Old 04-13-2007, 12:23 PM    (permalink
Romyrick
Rookie

Romyrick hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default great news

This is such great news!!!!!

Sims is going to play though, either at LT or RT.
Romyrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 03:50 PM    (permalink
bernbabybern820
Pro Bowler

bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windy City Big Gamer Uno View Post
He had a sub-par year last year but he's been good his whole career for the most part.

http://snap.stats.com/stats/nflinfo/...5141&Submit=Go
stats look very solid.

sig by jagfan33
Peyton Manning Fanboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
They said I couldn't be a high school QB. They said I couldn't get a D1 scholarship. BeerBaron said I couldn't beat the Bears. - Tebow

Proving the doubters wrong.
bernbabybern820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 04:57 PM    (permalink
Romyrick
Rookie

I think it was rotoworld that had him over Dielman as the second best FA gaurd this year.
Old 04-13-2007, 05:41 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

great pick up

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 07:12 PM    (permalink
raidersfanxxx
Rookie

raidersfanxxx hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

nice job kif! love it!

sig by Eaglez.Fan
raidersfanxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 10:14 PM    (permalink
Komp
Veteran

Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.
Default hmmm

I don't see how anyone, including Raider haters, can say that the Raiders have not made some smart signings this offseason. Hopefully this proactive thought process carries over to the upcoming draft.

It also certainly opens up rd2 for us if both Kalil/Staley are gone. I have no idea where we would go with that pick if this turned out to be the case....

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.
Komp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 09:09 AM    (permalink
NotoRussell
Rookie

NotoRussell hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

nice pick! he fits to our new OL sheme.
LT-Gallery
LG-Sims
C-Newberry
RG-Boothe/Grove
RT-Blalock
with that OL even Walter will get time to throw the ball to CJ!
Old 04-14-2007, 12:01 PM    (permalink
Komp
Veteran

Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotoRussell View Post
nice pick! he fits to our new OL sheme.
LT-Gallery
LG-Sims
C-Newberry
RG-Boothe/Grove
RT-Blalock
with that OL even Walter will get time to throw the ball to CJ!
You've got it all wrong!

LT - Sims
LG - Carlisle
C - Newberry/Kalil
RG - Boothe/Grove
RT - Gallery

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
Quote:
Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.
Old 04-14-2007, 12:05 PM    (permalink
skatman
Rookie

skatman hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komp View Post
I don't see how anyone, including Raider haters, can say that the Raiders have not made some smart signings this offseason. Hopefully this proactive thought process carries over to the upcoming draft.

It also certainly opens up rd2 for us if both Kalil/Staley are gone. I have no idea where we would go with that pick if this turned out to be the case....
Two very good, smart offseasons in a row.

Resisted the urge to throw money around at FA's, and wound up with O-line depth, a good RB, and finally: A solid fullback. We're going to love Griffith.
skatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 01:15 PM    (permalink
NotoRussell
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komp View Post
You've got it all wrong!

LT - Sims
LG - Carlisle
C - Newberry/Kalil
RG - Boothe/Grove
RT - Gallery
i know that Gallery will play RT, but IMO he should be LT this year again. he should not shift around the line again.
Old 04-14-2007, 01:18 PM    (permalink
NotoRussell
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skatman View Post
Two very good, smart offseasons in a row.

Resisted the urge to throw money around at FA's, and wound up with O-line depth, a good RB, and finally: A solid fullback. We're going to love Griffith.
i loved him at ATL, so it will not change. i was very happy about his signing.
Old 04-14-2007, 03:51 PM    (permalink
Komp
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotoRussell View Post
i know that Gallery will play RT, but IMO he should be LT this year again. he should not shift around the line again.

Yep I agree with on that one. Unfortunately, I think Sims at LT [at least to start the season] was part of him re-working his contract. Altho if he somehow found his old form, it would be a good thing.

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
Quote:
Old 04-14-2007, 04:18 PM    (permalink
Romyrick
Rookie

I think the Raiders had a good off season but Dominique Rhodes is a terrible runningback and that is a pretty bad signing.
Old 04-14-2007, 05:16 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romyrick View Post
I think the Raiders had a good off season but Dominique Rhodes is a terrible runningback and that is a pretty bad signing.
at the price we got him thats a great signing. did you see when he and there rookie RB ran all over teams? him and jordan should be a nice combo for a couple years

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 05:19 PM    (permalink
Xonraider
All-Pro

Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
at the price we got him thats a great signing. did you see when he and there rookie RB ran all over teams? him and jordan should be a nice combo for a couple years
We overpayed for Rhodes