Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Minnesota Vikings Team Forum

Minnesota Vikings Team Forum Discuss the Vikings

View Poll Results: Which option suits you the best?
A 9 52.94%
B 3 17.65%
C 4 23.53%
D 1 5.88%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-13-2007, 09:31 AM    (permalink
Zbikowski_9
Rookie

Zbikowski_9 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Best Possible Outcome

Ehat would be the best possible outcome come draft day, assuming these people are avalible.

A) 1st. AD
2nd Sidney Rice (or any other WR preference)
3rd DE/OT

B)Trade down to Buffalo (for AD) for their 1st and 3rd
1st P Willis
2nd WR
(trade 3rds for 2nd) Tanard Jackson (the next Cedric ;) )

C) Trade 1st and 2nd to Browns for 3rd overall and draft CJ (highly doubt he will be there though)
3rd Eric Weddle or Brandon Siler

D) Trade down numourous times to end up with 4 mid to first 2nd rounders and a 3rd.
2nd Sears RT
2nd WR
2nd Tanard Jackson
2nd Victor Abriami
3rd WR or DT or Brandon Siler
......Robinson Evans Guion Mitchell......

Join this football simulator...its pretty sweet. http://goallineblitz.com/game/signup.pl?ref=13176733
Zbikowski_9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 11:06 AM    (permalink
tylere0814

I think all scenarios but A are unlikely, trading for CJ is going to be difficult, trading down to mid 1st would be a risk.

Ideally for me
1. AD
2. Weddle (if available, if not Rice)
3. BPA
Old 04-13-2007, 03:07 PM    (permalink
Severe Punishment
Veteran

Severe Punishment hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

All these options suck.
I'm voting "none of the above" (Brewsters Millions quote for those 2 young
to make the connection)
Severe Punishment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 04:29 PM    (permalink
crazyisme
Rookie

crazyisme hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think the best possible situation would be for the Vikes to land Johnson, how could it not?

I still say we might do something like a 3rd this year and next year and a player, then swap firsts. I don't think its as unlikely as others do, but obviously chances are we wont. I just hope we do.
crazyisme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 04:42 PM    (permalink
amesbear
Rookie

amesbear hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I highly doubt anyone on this site would disagree that the best player the Vikings could get is Calvin Johnson. Not only does he fill the biggest need but he is possibly the best player in the draft. I don't think it is outrageous to think about trading up especially since we wouldn't have to give up a ton of value. I would be ecstatic if we got him somehow.
Old 04-13-2007, 04:47 PM    (permalink
Severe Punishment
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amesbear View Post
I highly doubt anyone on this site would disagree that the best player the Vikings could get is Calvin Johnson. Not only does he fill the biggest need but he is possibly the best player in the draft. I don't think it is outrageous to think about trading up especially since we wouldn't have to give up a ton of value. I would be ecstatic if we got him somehow.
That's the entire hold up. If Oakland were to give away the #1 or
even T.B. would give up the #4 ...for the #7 then sure, why not.
But just look at what it cost the Chargers to move up 3 slots 2 years ago.
The dillusion that it'd "only cost" a pair of 3rd rounders is pure nonsense.
Old 04-13-2007, 05:14 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We have way to many needs to trade up for a WR then hope for a sleeper in the later rounds in a need. I dont like us giving up 3 picks to get Calvin. I say we sit there and wait to see who falls to us. If someone calls us for a trade and its good and we gain more picks. I think right now the people we could trade back with is Houston,Carolina,Buffalo.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 06:17 PM    (permalink
DHVF
All-NFLDC

DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dynasty View Post
We have way to many needs to trade up for a WR then hope for a sleeper in the later rounds in a need. I dont like us giving up 3 picks to get Calvin. I say we sit there and wait to see who falls to us. If someone calls us for a trade and its good and we gain more picks. I think right now the people we could trade back with is Houston,Carolina,Buffalo.
Haha, hypocrite much. I mean, on one hand you say that you'd like to see us take Adrian Peterson and address our deepest position, but then you come back to say this. lol, funny stuff.

DHVF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 06:35 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yea it most definatly wont be of good value to trade up from #7 to land CJ unless it involves some players but who are we going to trade? dont have much that other teams would reallllly value... best outcome..

1.Gaines Adams
2.Sidney Rice
3.BPA
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 06:37 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zbikowski_9
B)Trade down to Buffalo (for AD) for their 1st and 3rd
1st P Willis
2nd WR
(trade 3rds for 2nd) Tanard Jackson (the next Cedric )
Im in favor of a trade down with Buffalo but thats just bad value plain and simple they would atleast have to give both their 3rds or their 2nd
Old 04-13-2007, 07:08 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardvikingsfan View Post
Haha, hypocrite much. I mean, on one hand you say that you'd like to see us take Adrian Peterson and address our deepest position, but then you come back to say this. lol, funny stuff.
Here Ill say this so you understand okay? I would be thrilled to get Adrian Peterson because what he will bring to this team. When i say that i mean he will make the Offense Better and he will be the face of the Franchise. But If we trade away with him Sitting there im not going to be saying " I hate Childress." I just want a Player that will bring a face to the franchise and helps us win even if that means passing on AD. But I dont think trading up is what we should do.

All i want out of the draft is a couple of players that will help us win.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 07:19 PM    (permalink
Severe Punishment
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Chris View Post
Im in favor of a trade down with Buffalo but thats just bad value plain and simple they would atleast have to give both their 3rds or their 2nd
I love the idea of trading down and getting both their 3rds....THAT would make me quite happy.
Old 04-13-2007, 07:44 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

... i would love it if this were to happen buffalo trades 1(12) 3(74) 3(92) for 1(7) we than Land Amobi Okoye, Levi Brown, Alan Branch, or even Patrick Willis with the 12th pick and than we get a WR sidney rice/DJ in the second and in the third adress O-line, CB Depth, and DE
Old 04-13-2007, 07:46 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Trade C would be best for Minny

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 07:52 PM    (permalink
Severe Punishment
Veteran

How would CJ help the right side of the O-line and WR corp since he'd obviously be double covered 100% of the time. Also how would losing our 2nd round talent help the DT position or the ILB area.

We have way to many holes to think about giving away more picks.
last year was more than enough of that for me.
Old 04-13-2007, 07:59 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

while the thought of having CJ on this team is mouth watering I have to Agree with severe Trading up to get him isnt going to help us in the long run... but i have to be honest if he went out there and lit it up i would probably forget the wasted picks
Old 04-13-2007, 08:51 PM    (permalink
99 dunnihoo 12

After doing some thinking I think if Peterson falls to number 7 we trade down with Tennesee. They have interest in him and we would benefit greatly from getting their 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. That would give us 2 picks in each the 2nd and 3rd where we could add some needed depth.

19. Robert Meachem
41. Sidney Rice
50. Quentin Moses
72. Michael Bush
80. Josh Beekman
Old 04-13-2007, 09:19 PM    (permalink
Severe Punishment
Veteran

Tennessee is in the same position as the Vikes. They need 2 WR's AND a starting RB. The only thing I'm more sure of than us NOT trading up is Tennessee not giving up picks to move up.
Old 04-13-2007, 10:22 PM    (permalink
VikesRule
Rookie

VikesRule hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Gotta be A. Peterson and Rice would be ideal, IMO, and then the 3rd pick could be used on anyone really.
VikesRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 11:33 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll take A.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 11:35 PM    (permalink
KWill93
Rookie

KWill93 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Option A for sure.

Sig by Ctmagic24
KWill93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 12:36 AM    (permalink
99 dunnihoo 12

Well I basically think anyone in that range that would give us an extra pick in each the 2nd and 3rd would be ideal. If we need to throw in a 2nd day pick then do it becuase I think there is a lot of day 1 depth and the more picks there the better. Maybe a team like the Jaguars or the Bengals (they dont have a 3rd round pick though) would be good targets to trade with.
Old 04-16-2007, 03:18 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All I know is that we need to end the draft with a defensive end and a wideout.

Last edited by Vikes99ej : 04-16-2007 at 03:37 PM.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 08:56 PM    (permalink
crazyisme
Rookie

crazyisme hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

actually, we don't need a DE
crazyisme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 01:08 AM    (permalink
Kid_Ego
Veteran

Kid_Ego smells like sex panther.Kid_Ego smells like sex panther.

After further review..........

Adrian peterson could be another robert smith
Brady Quinn I dont think he fall past detriot that hand fits like a glove Martz and quinn seem like a no brainer no matter who number one is.
Landry seems like a lot to pay a safty when there are atleasttwo in the second round who would both upgrade
Gaines adams is flat out over rated
Jamaal anderson is high charcter one hit wonder
Okoye is 19 and a senior making him very bright, Pat williams is older and on the last couple years of his contract, Drafting him would definately strengthen the de remember k williams was orginally an end. I could see maybe all three playing the line at some points. and when williams retires in a few years we still have a hot rpospect whos under 23. This would take all the heat off childress and probably be the safest pick.

2nd round you probably have a chance to get merriweather.

3rd round draft troy smith

4th round Johnny lee higgins

5th round Michael Bush

6th round Jacolby jones

7th round Take a TE
Kid_Ego is offline   Reply With Quote