Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Minnesota Vikings Team Forum

Minnesota Vikings Team Forum Discuss the Vikings

View Poll Results: Which option suits you the best?
A 9 52.94%
B 3 17.65%
C 4 23.53%
D 1 5.88%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-18-2007, 01:18 AM    (permalink
amesbear
Rookie

amesbear hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I don't want Troy Smith and I don't think Michael Bush will be around in the 5th. Just my opinion.
Old 04-18-2007, 05:06 PM    (permalink
jimmylishis
Rookie

jimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

In my opinion this is the best possible outcome:
Trade our first round pick for New England's two first round picks
24- Robert Meachem/ Dwayne Bowe
28- Justin Blalock/ Ben Grubbs
41- Sidney Rice/Steve Smith
72- Brian Robison
106- Lorenzo Booker
146- Yamon Figures
182- CJ Gaddis
217- Victor DeGrate
what do you think?
jimmylishis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 05:25 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1 - Adrian Peterson RB
2 - Sidney Rice -WR
3 - LaMar Woodley -DE
4 - Manuel Rameriez - OG
5 - Johnathan Wade - CB
6 - Yamon Figurs - WR
7 - Gabe Hall - OT

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 06:03 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

.... i definatly dont want to waste a 3rd on Troy smith especially if our two picks before that are Okoye and Merriweather
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 06:04 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmylishis View Post
In my opinion this is the best possible outcome:
Trade our first round pick for New England's two first round picks
24- Robert Meachem/ Dwayne Bowe
28- Justin Blalock/ Ben Grubbs
41- Sidney Rice/Steve Smith
72- Brian Robison
106- Lorenzo Booker
146- Yamon Figures
182- CJ Gaddis
217- Victor DeGrate
what do you think?
actually that looks pretty good to me except if we land Bowe/Meachem in the first i think we can Look to some of the Quality DE still available in the second abiamiri/crowder/spencer there figures to be a few there and than in the 3rd take a nickel CB or another WRlike Andraue Allison/Craig Davis(if there)... but only trade down with the Adams/Quinn/Peterson off the board

Last edited by Crazy_Chris : 04-18-2007 at 06:09 PM.
Old 04-19-2007, 02:09 AM    (permalink
Kid_Ego
Veteran

Kid_Ego smells like sex panther.Kid_Ego smells like sex panther.

26-3 as a starter played at THE OHIO STATE in the 3-4 round is a steal
And Michael Bush will slip

Meachum cant catch and Bowie is williamson all over again.

Okoye
Leonard
Higgins
Bush
Zabransky/Smith
Yanda
Gaddis
Kid_Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 02:15 AM    (permalink
Kid_Ego
Veteran

LSU always has fast receivers name one who has been anything more then a project

Meachum SUCKS

There are alot of better players with more reliable hands which is whatcounts in a west coast Offense

Higgins
Jacoby Jones
Ball
Myles
those four all have better hands then either meachum or bowie your arguement may have been justified with Craig Davis. Maybe its just me but bowie-davis reminds me alot of Moss-Wayne a few years ago one has speed the other just catches the ball. Ill take the guy who can catch every time

Leonard gives us a big back with excellant hands who can play atleast 3 positions.
Old 04-19-2007, 05:29 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

uhhh what the hell does LSU have to do with Meachem??
Old 04-19-2007, 05:32 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

you have us taking to Tailbacks in the first 4 rounds? leonard and Bush no thanks i like leonard but we can get a player that better suits our needs in the second round... Johnnie lee Higgins is explosive but he is also a skinny lil wimp who will get knocked around by pyhsical corners in this league and its ludacris to say Jacoby Jones, Johnnie Lee Higgins, David Ball, And Brandon Myles are all better than Dwayne Bowe/Robert meachem
Old 04-19-2007, 09:37 PM    (permalink
DHVF
All-NFLDC

DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid_Ego View Post
LSU always has fast receivers name one who has been anything more then a project

Meachum SUCKS

There are alot of better players with more reliable hands which is whatcounts in a west coast Offense

Higgins
Jacoby Jones
Ball
Myles
those four all have better hands then either meachum or bowie your arguement may have been justified with Craig Davis. Maybe its just me but bowie-davis reminds me alot of Moss-Wayne a few years ago one has speed the other just catches the ball. Ill take the guy who can catch every time

Leonard gives us a big back with excellant hands who can play atleast 3 positions.
Oh my god, you have no idea what in the hell you are talking about when it comes to Dwayne Bowe. I mean, have you ever even seen this guy play? Seriously, speed receiver he is not. What Dwayne Bowe is, is a very physical wideout, who goes all out every play and is quite simply productive. He is that rare guy, that will go over the middle and block the **** out of his defensive back. Personally, I consider him to be a Hines Ward type with better speed, but not quite the hands. His catching ability really has progressed though since getting lasik. Honestly though, comparing Bowe to Williamson???

DHVF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 09:41 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here is my perfect first day:

1. Gaines Adams
2. Sydney Rice
3. Daymeion Hughes
4. Manuel Ramirez
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 12:40 AM    (permalink
Kid_Ego
Veteran

Meahum sucks ass and bowie read thereports the kid cant catch a ******* ball skinny little wimp?

have you ever seen steve smith and santana moss harrison wayne none of these guys are big!!!

How could a fellow vikig fan forget one of the greatest smurf receivers of all time Anthony carter?

does any of this ring a bell?

Read the scouting report in this very sight for the two bone heads you want. Meachum look at his careeer stats you want a bust? its screaming flipping bust there is no production

and bowie played on a loaded team with a good qb and still didnt top this kids numbers. Great the kid can block maybe we can use him at rt when we find out his ass cant catch
Old 04-20-2007, 12:53 AM    (permalink
Kid_Ego
Veteran

This is the exact reason why so many wide out receivers are busts very few of them are rated on their production most go to the combime after they have been working with sprint coaches take off half their clothes and run some ridiculous number and some moron comes on line claiming hteir the next moss. When in fact they arent even the next Leo lewis. Moss didnt just run 4.3 and jump 44 inches he also had 5o something tds in two years. We all watched high light after hilight of the guy running away almost appearing to jog as he ran in the end zone every week. There is one wide out that can be said about and that is Johnson the rest had all the build. I do believe he didnt get that big over night did all that size and speed actually equal production? NO, Ok you say well J mac had more then one receiver, Ok then he probably wasnt double covered. the kid from UTEP i can assure you was. I also can assure you he didnt have the number one pick in the draft throwing him balls. And he still out produced both Meachum and bowie Ok now go ahead and say it they played in SEC they Played tougher comp that case would hold water if only ONE JUST ONE of these dream boat receivers who are lightening fast from either of these two schools because both generally have ones just like this year had succeeded the last good receiver from Tennessee was Alvin Harper who was a flash in the pan. The Last one from LSU well we are still waiting for the devrey hendersons of the world to actually produce more then twice a year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My Point is simple Dont Waiste a draft pick on a wide out in the first round, VERY FEW WORK Some of the best receivers playing the game today werent first round picks or even second round picks most were second day guys who had time to develop with out be called a bust every other week.
Old 04-20-2007, 02:16 AM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
Here is my perfect first day:

1. Gaines Adams
2. Sydney Rice
3. Daymeion Hughes
4. Manuel Ramirez
Amen to that i would be very glad if we came out of the draft with that for the first 4 rounds
Old 04-20-2007, 02:25 AM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Meahum sucks ass and bowie read thereports
WOW! im really being compelled by that statement to believe that they suck ass ... lol

Quote:
have you ever seen steve smith and santana moss harrison wayne none of these guys are big!!!
and what the hell do any of these guys or A. Carter have to do with Johnnie Lee Higgins??

and further more you run and run and run your mouth about production and how much it matters but you fail to mention the more productive WR's in this class Dwayne Jarret and Jason Hill. are you in love with higgins?? and i can assure you that both Dwayne Bowe and Robert Meachem are better than Higgins there is a reason that they are both considered 1st round prospects while he is considered a third

and another thing... you need to step back take a deep breath and realize that the college game and the pro game are two completely different things and Production on the college level doesn't always translate to production on the Pro level

Last edited by Crazy_Chris : 04-20-2007 at 02:52 AM.
Old 04-20-2007, 03:28 AM    (permalink
Kid_Ego
Veteran

Yeah but one thing remains the same if you cant produce in college you tend not to produce in the pros.

Get off childress dick and realize the man is an idiot!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-20-2007, 07:13 AM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just ignore Kid Ego.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 02:04 PM    (permalink
Severe Punishment
Veteran

Severe Punishment hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Instead of falling in love with prospects based on scouting reports , try
watching a few college football games on saturdays.
Read a few books on the finer points of football, take part in a few instructional camps and educate yourself.

Dewayne bowe is anything but a skinnny little wimp. Almost
everyone compares him physically to a T.O.
If I have time or the energy later I'll post a few pics from him a the combine. 6'2 , 221 should've read more of the scouting report there skippy.
Severe Punishment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 10:06 PM    (permalink
Kid_Ego
Veteran

What finer point to receiving then catching the ball?
That would be the second thing he has in common with TO he drops balls too 19 of them last year he lead the league. GREAT Comparison
Old 04-20-2007, 10:54 PM    (permalink
Severe Punishment
Veteran

Severe Punishment hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

ummm how many TD's did T.O. also score last year ?

yeah it'd be terrible to get one of 3 guys to get multiple TD's in a year
because they may drop a ball now and then.
I'm not a big T.O. guy , but it shows a great deal of stupidity to NOT want
a guy who could produce similar numbers based on something so meaningless like dropping a few balls...how about you hate him because he wears a wristband too.

Keep your Troy Williamson and Billy McMullen,...that worked wonders last year.
Severe Punishment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 12:38 AM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severe Punishment
Keep your Troy Williamson and Billy McMullen,...that worked wonders last year.
no no severe havent your heard, apparently Johnnie Lee Higgins is the answer to all of our problems... lol!
Old 04-21-2007, 12:52 AM    (permalink
DHVF
All-NFLDC

DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Chris View Post
no no severe havent your heard, apparently Johnnie Lee Higgins is the answer to all of our problems... lol!
Better yet, I heard Mike Hass can be had for cheap.

Old 04-21-2007, 03:39 AM    (permalink
Kid_Ego
Veteran

Wow just when I thought Speilman was a bad gm you fruit loops show me it could be worse. Lets drat a guy who cant catch and pay him #7 money which usually comes with a fairly large signing bonus all becuase hes fast and blocks good for a reciever. I will reinterate THERE IS ONE first round receiver his name is Calvin Johnson the rest have question marks period
Old 04-21-2007, 04:04 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

no one said we wanted meachem or Dwayne Bowe with the #7 pick stop twisting it around... if we were to trade down to take a round 1 reciever Meachem Or Bowe would be our preffered choices
Old 04-21-2007, 08:15 PM    (permalink
DHVF
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid_Ego View Post
Wow just when I thought Speilman was a bad gm you fruit loops show me it could be worse. Lets drat a guy who cant catch and pay him #7 money which usually comes with a fairly large signing bonus all becuase hes fast and blocks good for a reciever. I will reinterate THERE IS ONE first round receiver his name is Calvin Johnson the rest have question marks period
All prospects have question marks you ****** and just because they have those questions don't mean that they are unworthy of a first round grade. I think it's fairly obvious that no one around here enjoys your presence, so wise up and leave.