Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

Old 04-13-2007, 10:37 AM    (permalink
lionsfan81
Rookie

lionsfan81 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.lionsfan81 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Stanley Wilson going to have a big year??

I really think were going to see stanley have a breakout year this season. I just feel like hes finally understanding how to play the corner position and im expecting him to do big things. Barry actually says how the starting corners are wilson and fernando with travis fisher as the nickleback. After reading this article, i think that if our corners stay healthy and we add one more in the draft, that this will actually be a pretty good secondary. call me crazy i guess :)

http://www.detroitlions.com/document...ment_id=456657
lionsfan81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 11:05 AM    (permalink
asmitty45
Veteran

asmitty45 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I like him a lot, we need him to have a good season bcuz if he doesnt he'll become Keith Smith v2. We've never been ever to draft a great CB, if stanley can turn into that we'll eb in much better shape

fenikz

"Pride comes before the fall" - Mark Dantonio

35-21
asmitty45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 12:09 PM    (permalink
woodnick
Veteran

woodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsfan81 View Post
I really think were going to see stanley have a breakout year this season. I just feel like hes finally understanding how to play the corner position and im expecting him to do big things. Barry actually says how the starting corners are wilson and fernando with travis fisher as the nickleback. After reading this article, i think that if our corners stay healthy and we add one more in the draft, that this will actually be a pretty good secondary. call me crazy i guess :)

http://www.detroitlions.com/document...ment_id=456657
Key phrase "stay healthy." Also I agree, we need to add one more in the draft, preferably in the first day.
woodnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 05:44 PM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i'd still liek hughes a lot his lack of timed speed will make him fall and he fits this defense. He seems like he is a good CB as well so i would like that unless a round one caliber CB falls to us in the second
Old 04-13-2007, 05:50 PM    (permalink
woodnick
Veteran

woodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by detroit4life View Post
i'd still liek hughes a lot his lack of timed speed will make him fall and he fits this defense. He seems like he is a good CB as well so i would like that unless a round one caliber CB falls to us in the second
pre-combine Hughes was a first round "lock," but after his poor times a lot of analysts have him dropping to the third. I'd really like to steal him in the third personally.
Old 04-13-2007, 06:06 PM    (permalink
woodnick
Veteran

I know a lot of people aren't Hughes fans and want to argue about his abilities, but if you take away his slow 40s and he is a first round guy. The knock on him has always been his lack of top end speed, so it wasn' that surprising when he didn't time well. Examples of his pre-combine ratings:
http://insider.espn.go.com/ncf/insid...mel&id=2742255
http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft...ory?id=2748081
http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft...odd&id=2725451
http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft...odd&id=2740051
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6449380
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...rt3/index.html

the list can just go on.
Old 04-13-2007, 06:18 PM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

exactly and we'll have a shot at this guy in the third or 4th round due to his 40 times but in the end in this defense he wont have to go man to man much if at all so it would be a fine fit
Old 04-13-2007, 07:32 PM    (permalink
Notredameleo
Pro Bowler

Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I sure hope that he breaks out becuase we really need him to show up this season with the lack of CB depth. I definately wouldnt be opposed to drafting HUghes in the third.
Old 04-13-2007, 10:10 PM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

im almost thinking 4th for hughes if he males it there since i would ultimiately like us to take stanton in the 3rd
Old 04-14-2007, 11:23 AM    (permalink
woodnick
Veteran

If they trade down out of #2 then there's a strong chance they'll get an additional 3rd.
Old 04-14-2007, 11:46 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notredameleo View Post
I sure hope that he breaks out becuase we really need him to show up this season with the lack of CB depth. I definately wouldnt be opposed to drafting HUghes in the third.
Yes I hope so too. I also hope my mom is almost done cooking I'm hungry as hell. I also hope this song never ends because I love it so much and I can't wait until they perform live here april 29th.

Dammit! Time does not go fast enough!!!!!

(btw: the song is Paper Wings by Rise Against)

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 12:54 PM    (permalink
woodnick
Veteran

Two weeks, till time will start moving faster again.
Old 04-14-2007, 01:09 PM    (permalink
Notredameleo
Pro Bowler

Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I definately cant wait for the draft. So many questions, unlike many other years.