Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 07-27-2006, 08:25 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

liriano easily.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 08:32 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088
liriano easily.
Easily? Maybe easily ROY for the Twins but I'd say this is the closest race in a long time.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 09:07 PM    (permalink
Tobzilla
Pro Bowler

Tobzilla hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Tobzilla hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
liriano easily.
No, not easily. Its cool that your a twins fan, but stop saying things like that and comparing Liriano to Santana. :roll:

PM me for sig requests
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Connery View Post
Suck it Trebek!
Tobzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 09:09 PM    (permalink
JagsFanWL
Veteran

JagsFanWL hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobzilla
Quote:
liriano easily.
No, not easily. Its cool that your a twins fan, but stop saying things like that and comparing Liriano to Santana. :roll:
What's wrong with that? They have similar deliveries, both have great change-ups, both lefties. What is so different about them?

If I had to pick right now, I'd pick Justin Verlander, but if the Twins keep playing this well and possibly make the playoffs, I might lean towards Liriano. Papelbon and then Melky Cabrera would be my 3 and 4 choices
Old 07-27-2006, 09:11 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagsFanWL
Quote:
Quote:
liriano easily.
What's wrong with that? They have similar deliveries, both have great change-ups, both lefties. What is so different about them?

If I had to pick right now, I'd pick Justin Verlander, but if the Twins keep playing this well and possibly make the playoffs, I might lean towards Liriano. Papelbon and then Melky Cabrera would be my 3 and 4 choices
No Melky.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 09:12 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Papelbon approaches 50 saves, the Red Sox win the East, and his ERA remains under 1.00, then I say give it to him. If not, I think he's third.
Old 07-27-2006, 09:12 PM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
liriano easily.

No Melky.
Got Melky? Yes.
Old 07-27-2006, 09:14 PM    (permalink
JagsFanWL
Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
liriano easily.

No Melky.
As the 4th place finisher? Why not? He's going to bat around .280 and he's been huge in their success thus far this season. Melky has shattered expectations when he came in to replace Sheffield when Sheffield first went down. He's been terrific in the field, with only 2 erros, when his defense was the only thing said to be wrong with his game.
Old 07-27-2006, 09:17 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
liriano easily.

No Melky.
As the 4th place finisher? Why not? He's going to bat around .280 and he's been huge in their success thus far this season. Melky has shattered expectations when he came in to replace Sheffield when Sheffield first went down. He's been terrific in the field, with only 2 erros, when his defense was the only thing said to be wrong with his game.
I know he's been good, I think Weaver will finish 4th the way he has been pitching. Plus, this is the year of the rookie picther.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 09:20 PM    (permalink
JagsFanWL
Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
liriano easily.

No Melky.
I know he's been good, I think Weaver will finish 4th the way he has been pitching. Plus, this is the year of the rookie picther.
Oh yeah, Weaver...

Well, if there was a Rookie Batter and Rookie Pitcher awards instead of just 1 Rookie of the Year, no question that Melky is the favorite in the A.L.
Old 07-27-2006, 09:21 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

I like what Melky has done this year, but I think right now he is only 5th.

1. Verlander
2. Liriano
3. Papelbon
4. Weaver
5. Cabrera
Old 07-27-2006, 09:21 PM    (permalink
JagsFanWL
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriots-Lions
I like what Melky has done this year, but I think right now he is only 5th.

1. Verlander
2. Liriano
3. Papelbon
4. Weaver
5. Cabrera
Yeah, i agree with that now. I totally forgot about Jered Weaver.
Old 07-27-2006, 09:37 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsalltheway
probably melky
are you joking?
Old 07-27-2006, 11:54 PM    (permalink
Tobzilla
Pro Bowler

Tobzilla hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Tobzilla hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
liriano easily.

Yes they are similar, but the other day he was saying Liriano is better than Johan, which is just a foolish thing to say at this point in time.

PM me for sig requests
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Connery View Post
Suck it Trebek!
Tobzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 12:08 AM    (permalink
VoteLynnSwan
All-Pro

VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

it's between Papelbon and Liriano for me. Paps has been the best closer in baseball thus far, and Liriano has been better than Verlander. If the Twinkies come anywhere near the playoffs, i think Liriano wins it... but i do think Papelbon should.

Sig by me... Hold the applause.
VoteLynnSwan is offline   Reply With Quote