Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

Old 04-13-2007, 05:35 PM    (permalink
Bootland27
Rookie

Bootland27 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Bootland27 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Draft Scoop from Adam Schefter

I heard it on the radio today, that if the raiders pass on Calvin Johnson, the lions will pick him at 2 with the intent of trading him.
Old 04-13-2007, 05:46 PM    (permalink
JPLUFF
Veteran

JPLUFF hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Sounds about right...and if there are no takers we end up with a freak of a WR.

Win-Win situation
Old 04-13-2007, 06:37 PM    (permalink
Thomas7399

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPLUFF View Post
Sounds about right...and if there are no takers we end up with a freak of a WR.

Win-Win situation
I dont know if I jump to win-win.........if we draft CJ and he starts getting all the attention, do you think Roy Williams is going to be happy? To be honest, I would rather have a happy Roy Williams and Joe Thomas than an unhappy Roy Williams and CJ.....remember, there is only one football on the field at a time.

On the other hand, Roy Williams might be pumped to get CJ to take coverage away....who knows?
Old 04-13-2007, 06:38 PM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

roy has said that they should take CJ so i doubt he gets mad
Old 04-13-2007, 07:21 PM    (permalink
asmitty45
Veteran

asmitty45 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Ya I hope thats how it plays out, unless we can pull off a big trade before hand id like this situation

fenikz

"Pride comes before the fall" - Mark Dantonio

35-21
asmitty45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 07:24 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If he's right and we draft Johnson, it just means Martz has more influence with Millen than Marinelli and I'm not sure that bodes well for next year. I could see a QB for the offense because that position is just too important to ignore but I believe a WR can wait as we need to continue the process of building our defense before drafting a position that won't significantly improve the overall team. However, it is classic Millenism and I don't find it too far fetched from a GM who simply doesn't understand how to build a winner.
Old 04-13-2007, 07:28 PM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

that doesn mean that at all if there was a defensive player actually worthy on the #2 pick them im sure that player would be a lock to detroit but the top 5 players in this draft just happen to be offensive players. At #2 u look for a future pro bowler and CJ is just that you dont want to take a player of less caliber out of need at #2. CJ would do more for our offense than any player we take at #2 for our defense so if we get stuck at #2 Cj would eb a fine pick. BUt millen is going to try as hard as he can to move down and get a defensive player
Old 04-13-2007, 08:24 PM    (permalink
Pocket
Rookie

Pocket hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

If we take him, I do NOT want to trade him.
Old 04-13-2007, 08:27 PM    (permalink
Notredameleo
Pro Bowler

Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would still rather trade down, just to make sure were not stuck with him, not that it would be a bad thing.
Old 04-17-2007, 12:43 AM    (permalink
reinar
Rookie

reinar hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

if we took Thomas, where do Foster/backus end up? with our recent OG, OT pickups, and current starting OL?

if we take CJ, then our Defense is still in shambles

if we take DE/MLB then we still have our current 3 WR (2 of which did awesome last year) and our current 5 OL (that we just filled out, with woody being healthy and in the right frame of mind of course.)

what if we take Peterson? maybe because of KJ being in worse shape than anyone is talking about?

what if the trade for McCown to the raiders, includes MW? hes not around, its possible.