Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Minnesota Vikings Team Forum

Minnesota Vikings Team Forum Discuss the Vikings

Old 04-17-2007, 03:36 AM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

im guessing he means accuracy in the low to mid 80's... and yea Sharper is a FS but he played the SS position for us last year
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 06:33 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You know, at least we arent wasting money on WR when we dont have a QB and vice versa. We could be like the Raiders paying millions for a bunch of guys they cant get the ball to.

Until we get a franchise QB, whats the point of having any decent recievers? Hell, its not like we actually try and pass anyway.

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 07:20 PM    (permalink
willyhnry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
Birk, Winfield, the Williams brothers, and Hutch are the only players who should be above 90.
How about Sharper
Old 04-26-2007, 08:18 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Byrant McKennie
Steve Hutchinson
Matt Birk
Tony Richardson
Pat & Kevin Williams
Darren Sharper
Antione Winfield

they should all be above 90, with E.J Henderson on the verge in the 87-89 area and chester taylor will be on the verge of 90 aswell
Old 04-30-2007, 01:58 AM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Alright now that the draft is over what do you think some of our newest vikes will be rated?

Adrain Peterson will get 85(future star)
Sidney Rice will get 80
Marcus McCauley will get 77
Brian Robison will get 74
Aundrae Allison will get 75
Rufus Alexander will get 73
Old 04-30-2007, 01:05 PM    (permalink
Kid_Ego
Veteran

Kid_Ego smells like sex panther.Kid_Ego smells like sex panther.

I wonder what the chances on getting Childress and Speilman on the cover of madden?

or even coach?

hmmm Cower gets the cover the steelers sucks and cowher retires. not bad
Kid_Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 01:07 PM    (permalink
Severe Punishment
Veteran

Severe Punishment hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think you mean league manager...and yeah, it's crossed my mind too
on how sweet this team would be if Cowher came out of retirement
to coach the purple.
Severe Punishment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 12:50 AM    (permalink
jerthemessiah
Rookie

jerthemessiah hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severe Punishment View Post
Icon status would go to Hutch, then Kevin ...no one is really deserving beyond that.

And Mike Vick is a dynamic playmaker, who was on the cover of the game
a few years ago. PLUS he has lead his team to the NFC championship in
2 of his first 5 years in the league....you may hate him, but when he's had
a defense he's been pretty good.
I don't think o-linemen can get icon status in that game.

I agree with Vick being a playmaker. He runs for as many first downs as a lot of teams starting RB's do.
Old 08-06-2007, 08:54 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

The ratings for The vikes come out on wedensday so i though i would bump this thread back to the top as i am getting anxious
Old 08-06-2007, 09:07 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im hoping for my PS2 to run Madden...When i try and play madden 07 it wont run it so...But ill play it some how.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 02:42 PM    (permalink
tylere0814

Just looked at the ratings and have to say i am very upset. Our team never gets any love! http://sports.ign.com/madden08/vikings.html

Erasmus = 82 ovr???
Doss = 79!?!
Williamson = 74?!?!
Udeze = 80?!!
TJax = 76 i guess that's expected. but i'm bugged his speed is only 79

Those are my quick gripes.
Old 08-08-2007, 03:09 PM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Whay are you upset about Udeze? He kind of blows.
BuckNaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 03:27 PM    (permalink
rchrd
Veteran

rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

E.J got 73 speed. You cant work with a LB with 73 speed.
Old 08-09-2007, 04:37 AM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
Whay are you upset about Udeze? He kind of blows.
Yea but everyone only focuses in on the fact he had no sacks this year which is bad but in all reality he is a very good in run support and what a lot of people fail to mention is that he lead this team in Tackles for a loss. . . considering he was at 84 last year i would split the difference and say 82 is a appropriate for now
Old 08-11-2007, 11:24 AM    (permalink
giver17
Rookie

giver17 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.giver17 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severe Punishment View Post
Tough to throw for 3000 when your team runs for 3000
Your hatred blinds you from seeing that Vick is a decent starter.
once again 'Severely Pathetic' joins us again. well, all I can say is your return is not long awaited.

on another note, on your comment about vick, he is an outstanding athelete. I will give you that. probably one of the top 10 all around atheletes in the NFL. HOWEVER, puely as a QB he is a joke. He is is one of the most inconsistant QB's in the league, and has only been able to get by because of his running ability. I know everyone says he has 'changed the qb position for the future' because he is a so called 'dual threat', but to me that is a joke. if you were to take away he running ability, and let him fend for himself as a pure passer (like most of the other qb's in the league), then he would have been booted from the starting role years again. he would just be another 2nd/3rd stringer somewhere and nobody would even know his name.

with that said, that is why I feel he should be utalized better. he could be an explosive specailty position. maybe a WR/HB. put him in the slot and let him roam free. let him return kicks and punts. ANYTHING but be a QB would be better.

giver17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 12:11 PM    (permalink
rchrd
Veteran

rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by giver17 View Post
once again 'Severely Pathetic' joins us again. well, all I can say is your return is not long awaited.

on another note, on your comment about vick, he is an outstanding athelete. I will give you that. probably one of the top 10 all around atheletes in the NFL. HOWEVER, puely as a QB he is a joke. He is is one of the most inconsistant QB's in the league, and has only been able to get by because of his running ability. I know everyone says he has 'changed the qb position for the future' because he is a so called 'dual threat', but to me that is a joke. if you were to take away he running ability, and let him fend for himself as a pure passer (like most of the other qb's in the league), then he would have been booted from the starting role years again. he would just be another 2nd/3rd stringer somewhere and nobody would even know his name.

with that said, that is why I feel he should be utalized better. he could be an explosive specailty position. maybe a WR/HB. put him in the slot and let him roam free. let him return kicks and punts. ANYTHING but be a QB would be better.
No need to panic mate, that post is like 4 months old.
Old 08-12-2007, 11:35 PM    (permalink
giver17
Rookie

giver17 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.giver17 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rchrd View Post
No need to panic mate, that post is like 4 months old.
haha. sh*t. I didn't take the time to check the date on that post. so I apologies to 'SP'. but the stuff about Vick is still completely relavent.... that is if he doesn't go to jail of course haha

giver17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 10:03 AM    (permalink
rchrd
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by giver17 View Post
haha. sh*t. I didn't take the time to check the date on that post. so I apologies to 'SP'. but the stuff about Vick is still completely relavent.... that is if he doesn't go to jail of course haha
lol no worries I see your point anyway.
Old 08-17-2007, 10:41 AM    (permalink
rchrd
Veteran

First game in my Vikings franchise on 08'

Code:
Team               Q1   Q2   Q3   Q4   OT      FINAL
Falcons             0    3    3    3    0          9
Vikings             0   10    7    7    0         24

Individual Stats: Vikings
PASSING                        CMP  ATT  YDS  PCT   YPA SACK   TD  INT LONG RATING
Tarvaris Jackson                 7   11   71   63   6.4    3    0    0   19   82.0
Brooks Bollinger                 0    1    0    0   0.0    0    0    1    0    0.0

RUSHING                        ATT  YDS   AVG LONG   TD  FUM
Adrian Peterson                 24  100   4.1   15    1    0
Troy Williamson                  1   22  22.0   22    0    0
Tarvaris Jackson                 4   19   4.7   10    1    0
Chester Taylor                   1   14  14.0   14    0    0
Tony Richardson                  1    0   0.0    0    0    0

RECEIVING                      REC  YDS   AVG LONG   TD DROP  YAC
Sidney Rice                      2   34  17.0   19    0    0    3
Visanthe Shiancoe                1   15  15.0   15    0    0    7
Bobby Wade                       2   11   5.5    6    0    1    3
Adrian Peterson                  1    6   6.0    6    0    0   12
Chester Taylor                   1    5   5.0    5    0    0    9

KICKING                        FGM  FGA  PCT FGSBLOCKED  XPA  XPM  PCT XPSBLOCKED KICKOFFS TOUCHBACKS
Ryan Longwell                    1    1  100          0    3    3  100          0        5          0

PUNTING                        ATT  YDS   AVG LONG BLOCKS IN20 TOUCHBACKS
Chris Kluwe                      3  114  38.0   46      0    3          0

KICK RETURNS                   ATT  YDS   AVG   TD LONG
Aundrae Allison                  3  178  59.3    1   95
Mewelde Moore                    0    0   0.0    0    0

PUNT RETURNS                   ATT  YDS   AVG LONG   TD
Aundrae Allison                  0    0   0.0    0    0
Mewelde Moore                    1    0   0.0    0    0

DEFENSE                        TOT LOSS SACK   FF FREC  YDS   TD  INT  RET   AVG DEFLECTIONS SAFETIES CTH ALLOW BIG HITS
Cedric Griffin                   9    1    0    0    0    0    0    2    4   2.0           1        0         3        0
Pat Williams                     6    0    0    1    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         0        0
E.J. Henderson                   5    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           1        0         1        0
Ray Edwards                      4    0    2    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         0        0
Mike Doss                        4    2    0    0    0    0    0    1    5   5.0           1        0         0        0
Kenechi Udeze                    4    0    1    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         0        0
Antoine Winfield                 3    1    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           1        0         2        0
Marcus McCauley                  3    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         0        0
Dontarrious Thomas               2    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         0        0
Kevin Williams                   2    0    2    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         0        0
Darren Sharper                   2    1    0    0    0    0    0    1   12  12.0           2        0         1        0
Ben Leber                        1    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         0        0
Bobby Wade                       1    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         0        0
Chad Greenway                    1    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         1        0
Heath Farwell                    1    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         0        0
Troy Williamson                  1    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         0        0
Adrian Peterson                  0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         0        0

BLOCKING                      PANCAKES SACKS ALLOWED
Bryant McKinnie                      9             0
Ryan Cook                            7             2
Steve Hutchinson                     4             0
Matt Birk                            4             0
Artis Hicks                          3             0
Jim Kleinsasser                      3             0
Visanthe Shiancoe                    1             0
Tony Richardson                      1             0
The sliders definitely need some adjusting. Seeing as the sharing carries thing doesnt work at all i'm gonna play with the subs so I can start Taylor but get AD a bunch of carries.