Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 07-30-2006, 01:25 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsalltheway
Quote:
Originally Posted by javon favre
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBond93
I'll take Peyton Manning. Honestly, he hasn't choked a whole lot, and against any team not in a 3-4, he dominates. You add another coach on the field, he can read defenses like no other.

As a Steeler fan, with our defense and O-line, I think Peyton would def. take us to a Super Bowl. I love Ben, don't get me wrong, but he scares me beyond belief. Peyton IS the best QB in the NFL. Brady is right up there, and one of my favorite players (despite his Michigan ties,) but he doesn't command the on field presence that Manning has. People say Peyton chokes, but his defense has choked too, so had Dungy and the coaching staff. It's not on Peyton, he is #1.
Yes, he has. Sure he wont choke in the regular seasom but he's choked 3 straight year's in the playoffs.
how did he choke this year? the offensive line played like crap. it wasnt mannings fault
People assume because the Colts lost Manning crumbled under the pressure and was awful. 90 QB rating just aren't what they used to be. :roll:
Obviously it wasn't all his fault, his O-Line choked too. He still didn't play very good in a must win game. So that makes it a choke job.
Old 07-30-2006, 01:27 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I'll take Peyton Manning. Honestly, he hasn't choked a whole lot, and against any team not in a 3-4, he dominates. You add another coach on the field, he can read defenses like no other.

As a Steeler fan, with our defense and O-line, I think Peyton would def. take us to a Super Bowl. I love Ben, don't get me wrong, but he scares me beyond belief. Peyton IS the best QB in the NFL. Brady is right up there, and one of my favorite players (despite his Michigan ties,) but he doesn't command the on field presence that Manning has. People say Peyton chokes, but his defense has choked too, so had Dungy and the coaching staff. It's not on Peyton, he is #1.
Yes, he has. Sure he wont choke in the regular seasom but he's choked 3 straight year's in the playoffs.
how did he choke this year? the offensive line played like crap. it wasnt mannings fault
People assume because the Colts lost Manning crumbled under the pressure and was awful. 90 QB rating just aren't what they used to be. :roll:
Obviously it wasn't all his fault, his O-Line choked too. He still didn't play very good in a must win game. So that makes it a choke job.
yes 22-38 for 290 yards and a TD while being pressured almost every play is a huge choke job. :roll: did you even watch the game?
Old 07-30-2006, 01:44 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

yes 22-38 for 290 yards and a TD while being pressured almost every play is a huge choke job. :roll: did you even watch the game?
I did watch the game, and I still think it is a choke. He has to be able to lead his team in times when their down. He didn't, sure he had a bunch off pass yards but he only threw for one touchdown. and that's really the only thing that matters. If he's being rushed so hard every play, it's called adjustments, he didn't make them. If he's unstoppable during the regular season then how does this happen in the playoffs.
Old 07-30-2006, 01:47 PM    (permalink

wow i didnt realize peyton was also the offensive line coach. hes not responsible for the offensive line's mistakes. how is throwing for yard not important? it gets your team down the field to set you up for scoring. he didnt choke at all and now you're trying to prove something that is completely untrue and you only said because everyone else says it.
Old 07-30-2006, 01:48 PM    (permalink

I picked Peyton because I'm gettin someone that is going to work his arse off and always comes more prepared than any other player. Can't go wrong with a gym rat.
Old 07-30-2006, 01:48 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who pick Eli, Oh boy. :?

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 01:50 PM    (permalink

Quote:
wow i didnt realize peyton was also the offensive line coach. hes not responsible for the offensive line's mistakes. how is throwing for yard not important? it gets your team down the field to set you up for scoring. he didnt choke at all and now you're trying to prove something that is completely untrue and you only said because everyone else says it.
I'm not saying this because everyone else says, this is my opinion, I could care less what others say. You have your opinion and you probably feel the same way. So let's agree to disagree.
Old 07-30-2006, 01:51 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Quote:
I'm not saying this because everyone else says, this is my opinion, I could care less what others say. You have your opinion and you probably feel the same way. So let's agree to disagree.
no the only reason you're saying this is because everyone says that peyton always chokes and will never win a super bowl and whenever they lose in the playoffs its automatically his fault.
Old 07-30-2006, 01:52 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sik wit it
I picked Peyton because I'm gettin someone that is going to work his arse off and always comes more prepared than any other player. Can't go wrong with a gym rat.
He's more of a film rat.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 01:53 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Carson Palmer, who knows what could have happend if he didnt get hurt in the Pitt game. He young and IMO better.
Old 07-30-2006, 01:54 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'll take the best QB on this list, Peyton Manning.

Daunte can't even get on the list, not even over Brees?
6 TDs, 12 INTs in his first 7 games without Randy Moss. Then he sends his knee through a meat slicer. Not a good thing...

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 01:58 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN
Carson Palmer, who knows what could have happend if he didnt get hurt in the Pitt game. He young and IMO better.
age doesnt matter in this
Old 07-30-2006, 01:58 PM    (permalink
President
Rookie

President hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Brady boy.
President is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 02:16 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34
Tom Brady...All he needs to do is put up his hand with 3 SB Rings and that's my answer.

Peyton Manning is the best All-Around QB in the NFL, but until he wins a "big game," I'm going with Brady.

I hope Peyton isn't the next Marino, great QB that doesn't get a SB.
Maybe it stems from me being a Marino fan (I'm wearing his jersey right now, maybe some subliminal message from this thread made me put it on,) but SB rings are for a team. I don't consider them a great bench mark. It's about wins, points scored, QB rating, etc, all things Peyton is good at. I mean, you need a defense to win a SB, you do, and the Colts didn't have a good one until last year, and the game they lost in the playoffs, they failed the team as the Steelers lit them up. Not saying Peyton had a good game, but your defense can pull your QB through a game (see SB,) and Peyton made big plays int hat playoff game, the defense didn't even give them a chance.
Wins, points scored, and QB rating are all fine in the regular season. But how about if you compiled a stat sheet of all a player's individual games in the postseason and count them as a single season. It gives you an idea at how well he performs against the best teams the league has to offer.

In postseason play Manning has completed 193 of 324 passes for a 59.5 comepletion percentage and has thrown for 2461 yards, 15 touchdowns and 8 interceptions. His postseason quaterback rating is 88.5. His win/loss record in the postseason is a measly 3-6.

Tom Brady has completed 225 of 367 passes for a 61.3 comepletion perfectage and has thrown for 2493 yards, 15 touchdowns and 5 interceptions, and also gained 2 touchdowns rushing. He has a postseason rating of 89.4. His win/loss record in the postseason is 11-1.

Take it for what it's worth.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 02:22 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
The fact of the matter is, Peyton has yet to win a "big" game in the playoffs. There's not denying his regular season success, but the playoffs are another story The past 3 years or so, the Colts had a good shot to go far in the playoffs, but they exited early. Now, Peyton played well against the Steelers this year, but last year against the Patriots he did not play well at all, so you could make a case that he did choke in that game. And the year before that I believe they played the Jets, and he had a bad game there too.

While Peyton hasn't "choked" everytime he's been in the playoffs, he's yet to advace his team deep in the playoffs. And when a high caliber team such as the Colts exit early after getting homefield advantage, people look and Peyton and put the loss on him.

The fact is the Colts have not done well in the playoffs, and Peyton Manning has been the QB of those Colts teams.

It's sad to say this, but until Peyton wins the "big game," many will look at him as a good QB, not a great one. Although I'd pick him to lead my team any day because IMO he is a great QB.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 02:22 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner
Quote:
Quote:
Tom Brady...All he needs to do is put up his hand with 3 SB Rings and that's my answer.

Peyton Manning is the best All-Around QB in the NFL, but until he wins a "big game," I'm going with Brady.

Maybe it stems from me being a Marino fan (I'm wearing his jersey right now, maybe some subliminal message from this thread made me put it on,) but SB rings are for a team. I don't consider them a great bench mark. It's about wins, points scored, QB rating, etc, all things Peyton is good at. I mean, you need a defense to win a SB, you do, and the Colts didn't have a good one until last year, and the game they lost in the playoffs, they failed the team as the Steelers lit them up. Not saying Peyton had a good game, but your defense can pull your QB through a game (see SB,) and Peyton made big plays int hat playoff game, the defense didn't even give them a chance.
Wins, points scored, and QB rating are all fine in the regular season. But how about if you compiled a stat sheet of all a player's individual games in the postseason and count them as a single season. It gives you an idea at how well he performs against the best teams the league has to offer.

In postseason play Manning has completed 193 of 324 passes for a 59.5 comepletion percentage and has thrown for 2461 yards, 15 touchdowns and 8 interceptions. His postseason quaterback rating is 88.5. His win/loss record in the postseason is a measly 3-6.

Tom Brady has completed 225 of 367 passes for a 61.3 comepletion perfectage and has thrown for 2493 yards, 15 touchdowns and 5 interceptions, and also gained 2 touchdowns rushing. He has a postseason rating of 89.4. His win/loss record in the postseason is 11-1.

those numbers are all pretty similar besides the record, which shows that brady isnt some immaculate qb in the playoffs and peyton isnt a choke artist.
Old 07-30-2006, 02:25 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

those numbers are all pretty similar besides the record, which shows that brady isnt some immaculate qb in the playoffs and peyton isnt a choke artist.
And that Manning has a completion percentage of below 60% and has thrown three more picks in three fewer games.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 02:28 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:

I agree with you totally. But others don't. I have a lot of friends who say Marino isn't among the best QB's of All-Time because he didn't win a SB. But statistically, he was the best QB of All-Time. Which is why I hope Peyton can get a SB. Because he's the best QB in the league, and it would be a shame for people to say he wasn't a great QB just because he didn't win a SB.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 02:36 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

And that Manning has a completion percentage of below 60% and has thrown three more picks in three fewer games.
wow brady's is only 1.8 higher than mannings and most of mannings struggles have been caused by bad blocking. also notice he has equal touchdowns and yards in 3 less games
Old 07-30-2006, 02:39 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"REBECCA: I've got a hot tip for you. I heard some people talking on the plane about Barry Bonds, who plays for the San Diego Giants--

DAN: The San Francisco Giants.

REBECCA: Right.

DAN: What about him?

REBECCA: They say he's good.

DAN: He is good.

REBECCA: They say the San Francisco Giants are
gonna be a good team.

DAN: They will, but not this year.

REBECCA: What about Barry Bonds?

DAN: Unfortunately, the rules prohibit Barry Bonds from batting before and after himself and he probably can't play right field and pitch at the same time."

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 02:40 PM    (permalink

Quote:
"REBECCA: I've got a hot tip for you. I heard some people talking on the plane about Barry Bonds, who plays for the San Diego Giants--

gonna be a good team.

DAN: Unfortunately, the rules prohibit Barry Bonds from batting before and after himself and he probably can't play right field and pitch at the same time."
:?
Old 07-30-2006, 03:00 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

First of all; it's PEyton Manning.

Second of all; it's obviously Tom Brady, it just cannot be anybody else.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 03:07 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver
First of all; it's PEyton Manning.

Second of all; it's obviously Tom Brady, it just cannot be anybody else.
He talked about the misspelling in the first post...

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 07-30-2006, 03:09 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

he had 104 this year
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 03:15 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Quote:

gonna be a good team.

:?

Did anyone get my reference?

Even not, did anyone even get the point to the post?

Follow Me on Twitter!