Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 07-31-2006, 08:57 AM    (permalink
nvot9
All-Pro

Location: And it's not even that big of a deal, something like 8% of kids do it.
nvot9 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Dontrelle Willis or Carlos Zambrano?

I realize there is a baseball discussion, but this is a big topic and I'm including a poll, so I think it deserves it's own thread for atleast a half a day.

That being said, what pitcher would you rather have? Both are extremely young, Willis 24 and Zambrano being 25. They both are very big pitchers who can hit. They both have very fast fastballs, although Zambrano's gains a bit more velocity. They both put movement on nearly every pitch and are very "interesting" on the mound. That being said, what pitcher would you rather have?

I'm going to say Zambrano, only because he has been consistently dominant nearly his entire career, whereas Dontrelle has really only had 1 absolute dominant year and 1 more above average 1 his rookie year, where as 2004, and now, 2006, he has struggled massively. Granted, those years, he coincidently had a pretty bad team, however,Carlos Zambrano hasn't exactly had gem teams in his cub career.

Jets will not take McFadden...
nvot9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 09:13 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dontrelle. If he were on a powerhouse team he would be unbelievable.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 09:15 AM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.

It's a shame he has to play for the Cubs.
Old 07-31-2006, 09:57 AM    (permalink
nvot9
All-Pro

Location: And it's not even that big of a deal, something like 8% of kids do it.

Anyone else?

And also, I don't think it's fair to vote for Dontrelle because he plays on a horrible team, because the Cubs are less than spectacular themselves...

Old 07-31-2006, 10:01 AM    (permalink
jetvilma51
Pro Bowler

jetvilma51 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i would take dontrell
Old 07-31-2006, 10:01 AM    (permalink
Eaglez.Fan
All-Pro

Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 07-31-2006, 10:04 AM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny10804

He just has better stuff and is a much better pitcher and is finally putting it all together. I always knew he was going to be the Ace of that rotation.

Plus he hass a CY Young which is something the D-Train doesn't have.
Old 07-31-2006, 10:07 AM    (permalink
Eaglez.Fan
All-Pro

Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And the D-Train can hit
Old 07-31-2006, 10:10 AM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglez.Fan
And the D-Train can hit
Carlos has 4 HR leads all pitchers

Deeerrrr
Old 07-31-2006, 10:13 AM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Zambrano - he has filthy stuff
art vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 10:16 AM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvot9
Anyone else?

And also, I don't think it's fair to vote for Dontrelle because he plays on a horrible team, because the Cubs are less than spectacular themselves...
I think the Marlins have a better record than the Cubs by the way. So that should not have anything to do with an argument.
Old 07-31-2006, 10:37 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The D-Train gets my vote!

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 10:41 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The D-train. When he is on, he us unhitable. He never has good back to back seasons though. Next year if the Marlins actually compete, he will be dominant.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 11:02 AM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Zambrano, his stuff is more intimidating.
Old 07-31-2006, 11:09 AM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm going with Zambrano. He can be flat out dominant and always gives a solid outing. I feel like Willis is a half of the year player than just fails. Not to mention the World Baseball Classic...

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 11:14 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Personally, I'd say Zambrano. While Willis is a great pitcher when he wants to be, he isn't consistent enough. He was top notch last season, but he hasn't shown the same dominance this season. The last few years, Zambrano has been consistently great and consistence is the key.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 11:23 AM    (permalink
nvot9
All-Pro

Ok, well I was using this for a draft, and I think I'm going to go with Zambrano. This was my gut and initial decision, but I didn't want to make the wrong choice, so I wanted to check. Thanks for your opinoins etc. it honestly helped!

Old 07-31-2006, 11:45 AM    (permalink
danman253

Carlos. Dontrelle is a great young picther and won 22 last season, but if you are 12-3 with the cubs you are dominant.
Old 07-31-2006, 11:59 AM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito
cuz zambrano is on a powerhouse team :roll:
Old 07-31-2006, 12:06 PM    (permalink
VoteLynnSwan
All-Pro

VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMoneyHoneySF
Quote:
Originally Posted by ny10804

He just has better stuff and is a much better pitcher and is finally putting it all together. I always knew he was going to be the Ace of that rotation.

Plus he hass a CY Young which is something the D-Train doesn't have.
um.... Unless you're talking about this year... Carlos doesn't have a Cy Young.

Funny that both these guys are Cubs products. I wish we would've never traded Willis, although who knows if he'd have been nearly as good.

Sig by me... Hold the applause.
VoteLynnSwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 12:07 PM    (permalink
moc182
All-Pro

moc182 is a cocksman.moc182 is a cocksman.moc182 is a cocksman.moc182 is a cocksman.

I'd take Carlos.

"A real man makes his own luck." Billy Zane, Titanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmitt Smith
Donít quit, donít even quit.
moc182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 12:10 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsalltheway
Quote:
The Marlins have thrived on pitching for many years. So when Dontrelle is on the mound, he has the game essentially on his shoulders.

Up until this year, the cubs have been pretty good on offense. So if Zambrano were to give up 5 runs, the game would not be over.

Feed Moncrief
Old 07-31-2006, 12:13 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
The Marlins have thrived on pitching for many years. So when Dontrelle is on the mound, he has the game essentially on his shoulders.

Up until this year, the cubs have been pretty good on offense. So if Zambrano were to give up 5 runs, the game would not be over.
that makes your statement completely pointless. Zambrano has done better than Willis this year even with a terrible offense
Old 07-31-2006, 12:15 PM    (permalink
VoteLynnSwan
All-Pro

VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

that makes your statement completely pointless. Zambrano has done better than Willis this year even with a terrible offense
you're wrong... what makes the statement pointless is that it is absolutely false.

Sig by me... Hold the applause.
VoteLynnSwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 12:21 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

If I had to pick one for my team it would be Dontrelle. That is all I will say.

Feed Moncrief