Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Chicago Bears Team Forum

Chicago Bears Team Forum Discuss Ditka and Da Bears

Old 04-15-2007, 12:33 AM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Things we dont want

1st round:

TE
OG (depending on Value)
OLB?

Sound right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?
bearfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 09:06 AM    (permalink
DaBears0530
Rookie

DaBears0530 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think if Dwayne Bowe falls to us JA better jump all over it!
Old 04-15-2007, 09:37 AM    (permalink
Hurricane Ditka
Team Leader
All-Pro

Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We could pick any of those in the first round. Things we don't want in the first round are DT, S, DE, QB, RB, FB.

sig by VLS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe View Post
I don't care...
Hurricane Ditka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 10:14 AM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I touch little boys...

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Last edited by Hurricane Ditka : 04-15-2007 at 11:40 AM.
Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 11:04 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I touch little boys...
That's what she said.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Last edited by Hurricane Ditka : 04-15-2007 at 11:40 AM.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 03:12 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That is team leader abuse... I vote that you have your title revoked, and I nominate DaBears0530 to be the next team leader.

Old 04-15-2007, 05:50 PM    (permalink
Hurricane Ditka
Team Leader
All-Pro

Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That is team leader abuse... I vote that you have your title revoked, and I nominate DaBears0530 to be the next team leader.
It was a joke man.

sig by VLS
Quote:
I don't care...
Hurricane Ditka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 05:55 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane Ditka View Post
It was a joke man.
and you cannot tell the sarcasm in that post?

Old 04-16-2007, 02:46 AM    (permalink
pellepelle_10
Veteran

pellepelle_10 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.pellepelle_10 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearfan View Post
1st round:

TE
OG (depending on Value)
OLB?

Sound right?
ummm..no OLB? Please explain this. This is one of the biggest needs if any. If you don't feel this way I'd LOVE to hear your explanation to why we don't need to look at this first.
Old 04-16-2007, 02:50 AM    (permalink
pellepelle_10
Veteran

pellepelle_10 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.pellepelle_10 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

For the first round (i'm hoping we don't draft)

TE, O-Line, D-Line, QB, RB
Old 04-16-2007, 12:24 PM    (permalink
KBear
All-Pro

KBear hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I would not actually mind the Bears taking a QB in the first round assuming there was value there. But seeing how this draft is shaping up, there a very slim to no chance of that happening. Same goes for RB. If Lynch is some how there, which I dont see, the Bears should draft him.

Actually the same can be said for most positions. The only real need is probably going to be OLB, but that can solved in the second to 4th rounds. Would it be nice to get a top prospect at OLB, sure, but if the Bears can get a guy who will be at least a solid starter later, there is no real need to take an OLB in the first round. The defence will still be one of the best in the NFL with two solid starters and Urlacher as our LBs.
Old 04-16-2007, 01:13 PM    (permalink
SFbear
Veteran

SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

MLB, Center, or kick returner.
SFbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 01:21 PM    (permalink
VoteLynnSwan
All-Pro

VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pellepelle_10 View Post
ummm..no OLB? Please explain this. This is one of the biggest needs if any. If you don't feel this way I'd LOVE to hear your explanation to why we don't need to look at this first.
OLB is not a need in the 1st round, only if a guy like Poz were to fall to us would i be fine with drafting OLB.

Sig by me... Hold the applause.
VoteLynnSwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 01:33 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBear View Post
The defence will still be one of the best in the NFL with two solid starters and Urlacher as our LBs.
i'm sorry, you meant urlacher as two of our LB's.

honestly. i'm not TOO worried about the LB position, seeing that with nominal starters (holdman?) they can still look rather good over a period of time.
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 05:01 PM    (permalink
pellepelle_10
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoteLynnSwan View Post
OLB is not a need in the 1st round, only if a guy like Poz were to fall to us would i be fine with drafting OLB.
you don't think Beason, or Timmons would be suitable? Both of these guys are high end linebackers. I think if we could get any of the three I would consider it a win.
Old 04-17-2007, 05:07 PM    (permalink
pellepelle_10
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullyquiet View Post
i'm sorry, you meant urlacher as two of our LB's.

honestly. i'm not TOO worried about the LB position, seeing that with nominal starters (holdman?) they can still look rather good over a period of time.
But why put pressure on Urlacher to hold the camp down at LB? We want him to have help. Don't throw a band-aid and a question mark rookie to help him out. Get the man some help. If Angelo wants to draft a late rnder cool. We need better players at linebacker if Briggs isn't playing. This is all I'm saying. Urlacher deserves some talent at linebacker. (boy I'd hate to see if our 1 and only stud goes down..we're done at LB).
Old 04-18-2007, 12:42 AM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

if you want to give him help, give him safeties that can perform. give him a DLine that makes any LB's job easy. You don't have to look to LB's to be the end all be all solution on defense.

Of course you want great players at LB, you want great players at EVERY position. Is it going to happen? Probably not. If we work on improving everything but the LB's and still manage to have urlacher in the middle. I say things will be fine. If the positions are servicable, which HH manages to do... Jamar Williams may be able to accomplish that. it'll probably hurt the most in the running game. and they bring in AA? hm. that sounded like a good idea.

anyway.
since i never actually gave my opinion and purely started to pick apart things.
i'm going to say things we don't want. seriously?
first round?
TE.
CB.
WR.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
Old 04-18-2007, 02:35 AM    (permalink
pellepelle_10
Veteran

Quote:
if you want to give him help, give him safeties that can perform. give him a DLine that makes any LB's job easy. You don't have to look to LB's to be the end all be all solution on defense.

Of course you want great players at LB, you want great players at EVERY position. Is it going to happen? Probably not. If we work on improving everything but the LB's and still manage to have urlacher in the middle. I say things will be fine. If the positions are servicable, which HH manages to do... Jamar Williams may be able to accomplish that. it'll probably hurt the most in the running game. and they bring in AA? hm. that sounded like a good idea.

anyway.
first round?
TE.
CB.
WR.
quiet its not the end all solution.

Our DT's are hopefully looking fine. We're one position away from being no worse than last season's start which IMO is just fine.

Our DB's can improve with depth but if our starters perform like they did last season we're fine. We haven't lost anyone significant from either of these positions other than depth. We added Archuleta which has improved it a little bit and having Brown back will definatelly help.

OLB's we've lost a major cog. Lance Briggs.

I think if we can't get Scott back at DT one more player may be needed there. DE we're fine.

CB we need some depth if Manning isn't moved.

S we're possibly 1 player away especially if Manning is moved.

OLB needs depth.
Old 04-18-2007, 02:37 AM    (permalink
pellepelle_10
Veteran

Quote:

anyway.
first round?
TE.
CB.
WR.
I can understand your reasoning behind this. (if I'm understanding this correctly) All of these positions will be for players who most likely will not start this season and simply fill depth concerns. (most likely could start next year).

I can understand that if this is what you're getting at.

I'm curious quiet. What positions would you like to see us address in the 1st given our current status?
Old 04-18-2007, 06:30 AM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1st 4 rounds for myself would be perfect if it happened like so:

1st: Bowe or Jarrett
2nd: Griffen or Miller
3rd: Quincy Black or Rufus Alexander
4th: Ryan Harris or Doug Free, Manuel Ramirez or Kenny Irons

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?
bearfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 05:52 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

Quote:
I can understand your reasoning behind this. (if I'm understanding this correctly) All of these positions will be for players who most likely will not start this season and simply fill depth concerns. (most likely could start next year).

I can understand that if this is what you're getting at.

I'm curious quiet. What positions would you like to see us address in the 1st given our current status?
I'm sure it's clear in all the other threads.
Linemen. Linemen. Linemen.

Other than that. Safety wouldn't be a bad gamble.
If Poz lands in our hands, I wouldn't hesitate. Worst case scenerio he's worse than HH but better than Jamar Williams. Best Case Scenerio, he's better than HH and Jamar Williams, and Jamar Williams is better than HH. OLB I could see being addressed first round.
i'm not into the WR's yet. Next year looks like a better crop in the FA pool anyway. I mean, if meach does manage to land at 31, i would have no hesitation...
Those are all things barring the fact that we're in a draft. I would take based on first round talent and things we can use depth and maybe improve on.

But since we're at the low end of the totem. More realisiticly...

First round wishlist would be to address the OLine, but seeing as that's unlikely with the 31st.. It'd go to Safety talent to add depth, to help whenever Brown comes out of his lisfranc posturing, but I don't think the key is to have a playmaker in the secondary. That's the problem the bears have had, they've overestimated their physical skills and got out of position, and in a cover two, you CANNOT do that as a safety. Period. D.Manning did that way too much and subsequently caused plenty of issues. But then again, when next to Mike Brown, he was a standout in the safety. What gives? Who knows. But with the absence of Todd Johnson, it's the only reason why I think the Bears should devote any time to the Safety... But, with almost everyone's drafts, there's no value where we're at. OLB might be the only place we still find value at 31. And I'd be alright with that.

Last edited by awfullyquiet : 04-18-2007 at 05:53 PM. Reason: fixing things.
Old 04-18-2007, 11:31 PM    (permalink
pellepelle_10
Veteran

Quote:
I'm sure it's clear in all the other threads.
Linemen. Linemen. Linemen.

Other than that. Safety wouldn't be a bad gamble.
If Poz lands in our hands, I wouldn't hesitate. Worst case scenerio he's worse than HH but better than Jamar Williams. Best Case Scenerio, he's better than HH and Jamar Williams, and Jamar Williams is better than HH. OLB I could see being addressed first round.
i'm not into the WR's yet. Next year looks like a better crop in the FA pool anyway. I mean, if meach does manage to land at 31, i would have no hesitation...
Those are all things barring the fact that we're in a draft. I would take based on first round talent and things we can use depth and maybe improve on.

But since we're at the low end of the totem. More realisiticly...

First round wishlist would be to address the OLine, but seeing as that's unlikely with the 31st.. It'd go to Safety talent to add depth, to help whenever Brown comes out of his lisfranc posturing, but I don't think the key is to have a playmaker in the secondary. That's the problem the bears have had, they've overestimated their physical skills and got out of position, and in a cover two, you CANNOT do that as a safety. Period. D.Manning did that way too much and subsequently caused plenty of issues. But then again, when next to Mike Brown, he was a standout in the safety. What gives? Who knows. But with the absence of Todd Johnson, it's the only reason why I think the Bears should devote any time to the Safety... But, with almost everyone's drafts, there's no value where we're at. OLB might be the only place we still find value at 31. And I'd be alright with that.
Oh I totally agree about the D. Manning issue. I'm hoping a year of learning these mistakes gets him to understand the concept of angle of pursuit and reading coverages. I think his stats give him more credit that those drastic mistakes caused. He wasn't horrible but he wasn't great either. I think the addition of Archuleta is good but I'm not sold on him being a top end safety. I personally liked Chris Harris. Brown is a injury concern though. I think Griffin would be a great addition. I'd personally rather have Griffin and Brown starting at full strength. JMO though.

I think there are some very good WR's in Jason Hill and Steve Smith. I'm almost wanting to say selecting one of these guys in the 2nd may become one heck of a steal pick. (possibly even more than selecting Bowe or Jarrett) Both have very good hands and good speed. Most importantly they both are known for running crisp routes and getting good seperation. I've been a fan of Hills performance since his first season. The guy is the real deal. It's going to get interested in this draft. I'm really looking forward to it.
Old 04-19-2007, 01:30 AM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

Quote:
I think there are some very good WR's in Jason Hill and Steve Smith. I'm almost wanting to say selecting one of these guys in the 2nd may become one heck of a steal pick. (possibly even more than selecting Bowe or Jarrett) Both have very good hands and good speed. Most importantly they both are known for running crisp routes and getting good seperation. I've been a fan of Hills performance since his first season. The guy is the real deal. It's going to get interested in this draft. I'm really looking forward to it.
Concurred. I love Steve Smith and think that we can pick him up with but with a reach at 37. Lots of experience with pro-caliber callers (say, matt leinert), runs great routes, great body control... Jason Hill I have yet to see move. But Smith would be great with a little tutalage, play posession, have a bit of speed. That and if the bears magically get a present that slips to 31 (that's not a WR... i.e. Joe Staley, Poz, Merriweather) I could see picking up a WR at 37, even though it wouldn't be my choice...

I still also am hoping the picks are traded off in the next six days to something else.