Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-28-2006, 12:05 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylor21
This cant be a serioius post..
I think it stems from the fact that the NFL put them up against each other Week 1 on the big NBC game.
Still there is no reason to say that Eli will do better than Peyton.

Tell you what, all of the Giants fans have been writing off Eli's problems saying he is young and still learning. Thats fine after 2 years but is that still going to be the excuse next offseason if he doesn't improve greatly this year?
As long as he improves on a yearly basis, I will always look to "next year". I would say that at the end of the 2007 season, I could give more of a real evaluation on Eli as an NFL QB.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 12:32 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Eli Manning debate is old and tiring. The kid was in his 2nd year, and we are comparing him to Peyton Manning...what a joke. Have we not forgotten that he's only played 2 seasons, and 1 as a full time starter? How can you possibly make a career evaluation of him after 2 years?

Talk to me about it after year 4, then we can make accurate declarations about Eli Manning. Until then, treat him the same as all other qbs. If we all sit here and are willing to give Carr some more years to prove himself, how can we write off Eli Manning after 2 seasons? Thats just dumb.
Old 08-28-2006, 12:38 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense
The Eli Manning debate is old and tiring. The kid was in his 2nd year, and we are comparing him to Peyton Manning...what a joke. Have we not forgotten that he's only played 2 seasons, and 1 as a full time starter? How can you possibly make a career evaluation of him after 2 years?

Talk to me about it after year 4, then we can make accurate declarations about Eli Manning. Until then, treat him the same as all other qbs. If we all sit here and are willing to give Carr some more years to prove himself, how can we write off Eli Manning after 2 seasons? Thats just dumb.
What do you expect? So many people hate New York sports for no reason and so many people hate Eli Manning for what he did at the draft. They know it is insane to throw Eli's name into a discussion about Peyton, but they get a thrill out of saying that Eli isn't as good or Eli isn't even close.
Quote:
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Old 08-28-2006, 12:45 PM    (permalink
frogstomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10
Quote:

What do you expect? So many people hate New York sports for no reason and so many people hate Eli Manning for what he did at the draft. They know it is insane to throw Eli's name into a discussion about Peyton, but they get a thrill out of saying that Eli isn't as good or Eli isn't even close.
It was actually a New York fan that started this.
Old 08-28-2006, 12:51 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is the dumbest question I have ever heard in my life.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 01:06 PM    (permalink
eacantdraft
Pro Bowler

eacantdraft smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Quote:

It's the homerism and arrogance that prevades all New York sports that make people hate New York sports. I'm embarrassed by the amount of homers in NY sports. People who think the Knicks are going to the NBA finals when everyone else knows there are about the worst team in the NBA.

Eli spoiled kid act two years ago was not going to win him fans either. And then you have the Giant homers who go around stating Eli is a top 5 QB in the league.

The Giants homers are our own worst enemy.
eacantdraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 02:15 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by eacantdraft
Quote:
Quote:

It's the homerism and arrogance that prevades all New York sports that make people hate New York sports. I'm embarrassed by the amount of homers in NY sports. People who think the Knicks are going to the NBA finals when everyone else knows there are about the worst team in the NBA.

Eli spoiled kid act two years ago was not going to win him fans either. And then you have the Giant homers who go around stating Eli is a top 5 QB in the league.

The Giants homers are our own worst enemy.

Again.....can you please show me where Giants fan consider Eli a top 5 QB?

And every team has it's outrageous homers, but the NY fans in all sports are exploited simply because there are more NY fans than any other city. A lot of that has to do with population by the way. Not a hard concept to pick up on.
Quote:
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Old 08-28-2006, 02:23 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Ok, before us Giants fans get a bad rap, let me try to clear it up. No, Eli will not have a better statistical year than Peyton. Can he have a better year though in terms of wins/losses, yeah thats possible.

But I do expect him to have a break out year. He'll make the Carson Palmer 3rd year leap. Will he be an MVP...I don't know. The homer in me says its possible, but I'll stay neutral for now and say no.

But a 60 %, 30 TD season isn't out of question for Eli. He will make the leap this year no doubt.

And to MOTH...you do realize Plax dropped his fair share of balls too don't you? And Eli only had accuracy issues in the 2nd half of the season, when he got worn out and fell into bad tendencies.
ahhh one of the only Giants' fans that isnt a homer makes another good point....