Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

Old 04-15-2007, 02:16 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default John Clayton reports...

that the Lions like JaMarcus Russell more than they do Brady Quinn. Sorry if this was posted already, but I didn't see it. I don't have a link, but you can watch the video on ESPN.com in the 2007 NFL Draft section. It's a video talking about how JaMarcus isn't a lock to go to Oakland #1 overall, although he still expects it. He then went on to say that if the Raiders do decide to pick Calvin Johnson then the Lions would favor JaMarcus Russell over Brady Quinn. Thoughts?
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 02:37 PM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i like russell more than quinn as well but this could very easily be a smoke screen that if russell does fall to us cleveland or someone else would try to move up. But if we were to take one of the two QB's i'd rather Russell
Old 04-15-2007, 02:38 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This makes me excited. I've liked Russell all along. Probably is a smoke screen though.
Old 04-15-2007, 02:54 PM    (permalink
Thomas7399

Yeah, im smelling smoke-screen (pun intended). I dont think Cleveland's GM (Phil Savage?) should have relayed to the world how enamoured he is with JR---could cost his team.
Old 04-15-2007, 02:57 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A little suprised but Russell has some appealing football abilities

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 02:58 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas7399 View Post
Yeah, im smelling smoke-screen (pun intended). I dont think Cleveland's GM (Phil Savage?) should have relayed to the world how enamoured he is with JR---could cost his team.
Phil said last year if Ngata is at his pick he will definetly take him. Then he picked up a 6th by switching 1sts with baltimore.
Old 04-15-2007, 03:03 PM    (permalink
GiantRutgersFan
Veteran

GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lol. Russell on the Lions would be a disaster imo
Old 04-15-2007, 03:06 PM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

and why is that?
Old 04-15-2007, 03:10 PM    (permalink
Thomas7399

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
Phil said last year if Ngata is at his pick he will definetly take him. Then he picked up a 6th by switching 1sts with baltimore.
well played, touche'
Old 04-15-2007, 03:15 PM    (permalink
Thomas7399

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantRutgersFan View Post
lol. Russell on the Lions would be a disaster imo
How would it be any less of a disaster if he is in Oakland, Cleveland or Minnesota?

The Lions have one of the premier young WR's in the league, improved O-line and improving defense. Also, JR can hide behind Jon Kitna for a season while he gets NFL-ready, something he most likely can not do in any of those other places.

Call it homerism, but im just calling it like I see it
Old 04-15-2007, 03:30 PM    (permalink
ThEvIcTR
Rookie

ThEvIcTR hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Maybe the Giants should draft J.R. because Eli is the biggest bust since Ryan Leaf. Don't come on here saying he is gonna have a better year either, he loses Tiki Barber and I dont think Tai Streets has more then 2 years if he stays healthy. The giants have done nothing to improve their O line either.

I would much rather have the lions not draft a QB this draft and wait until next years draft and cash in on Brain Brohm or Colt Brennan.

Thanks to Gang Green for the SIG

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpbXXPOgR2w
ThEvIcTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 03:36 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the Lions draft Russell, then I know where Quinn is going.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 03:38 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThEvIcTR View Post
Maybe the Giants should draft J.R. because Eli is the biggest bust since Ryan Leaf. Don't come on here saying he is gonna have a better year either, he loses Tiki Barber and I dont think Tai Streets has more then 2 years if he stays healthy. The giants have done nothing to improve their O line either.

I would much rather have the lions not draft a QB this draft and wait until next years draft and cash in on Brain Brohm or Colt Brennan.
i was gonna come on here saying to ignore GRF and say JRwould be a nice fit in det. but you come out with that- so, Eli isnt a bust as he's only played 2 years and made the playoffs both. No lions fan can talk about busts on offense,we only lost 1 oline man and the rest is solid ,and where the hell did Tai Streets come from???
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 03:41 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
i was gonna come on here saying to ignore GRF and say JRwould be a nice fit in det. but you come out with that- so, Eli isnt a bust as he's only played 2 years and made the playoffs both. No lions fan can talk about busts on offense,we only lost 1 oline man and the rest is solid ,and where the hell did Tai Streets come from???
Yeah could someone explain to me why you cut Luke Petitgout? That move made no sense to me.
Old 04-15-2007, 03:44 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

aging fast, massive injury problems with back and leg. too many penalties. he also was gonna make around 5 mil this year. i was a little surprised, but it did make a little sense
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 04-15-2007, 03:52 PM    (permalink
ThEvIcTR
Rookie

ThEvIcTR hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Charles Rodgers broke his collarbone twice and couldn't stop smoking weed. Did you ever watch rodgers play before he got hurt? He actually made Joey harrington look decent. in 2002 we had to pick up Joey Harrington we needed a QB very badly and tedfords system made him look very very good. Mike Williams is a bum and none of us wanted him at all. I wanted to pick up Merriman or Derrick Johnson.

Eli is just a little bitching baby, i bet he regrets not going to the chargers now. Congratulations giants fans you have done something not even the terrible lions can say they have done. You have practically made the chargers Superbowl contenders in 3 years because of your decision making.

Thanks to Gang Green for the SIG

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpbXXPOgR2w
ThEvIcTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 04:36 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThEvIcTR View Post
Charles Rodgers broke his collarbone twice and couldn't stop smoking weed. Did you ever watch rodgers play before he got hurt? He actually made Joey harrington look decent. in 2002 we had to pick up Joey Harrington we needed a QB very badly and tedfords system made him look very very good. Mike Williams is a bum and none of us wanted him at all. I wanted to pick up Merriman or Derrick Johnson.

Eli is just a little bitching baby, i bet he regrets not going to the chargers now. Congratulations giants fans you have done something not even the terrible lions can say they have done. You have practically made the chargers Superbowl contenders in 3 years because of your decision making.
that doesnt make up for them being busts... yea Eli really wishes he was in SD with a LB teammate on roids and a new head coach
Quote:
Old 04-15-2007, 04:47 PM    (permalink
JPLUFF
Veteran

JPLUFF hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

This has to be a smokescreen in case Oakland picks Johnson. The reports have gone from us not even looking at a QB to this. Jamarcus will be great but in Martz's offense I still have my doubts.
Old 04-15-2007, 04:53 PM    (permalink
TigerBait45
Veteran

TigerBait45 is a cocksman.TigerBait45 is a cocksman.TigerBait45 is a cocksman.

Man, I'd love to see Russell in Martz's system. I'm an LSU fan, of course, and I think Detroit is as good a situation as he could get for a team in the top 5, except for maybe Arizona or something.

To be fair though, I've always had fantasys about the numbers he could've put up in June Jones' system in college too, haha.
TigerBait45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 04:57 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPLUFF View Post
This has to be a smokescreen in case Oakland picks Johnson. The reports have gone from us not even looking at a QB to this. Jamarcus will be great but in Martz's offense I still have my doubts.
JR would be drafted into a much better situation if he goes toe detroit rather than Oakland that's for sure. I agree it's probably a smoke-screen. I still think that within the system Quinn would be better.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 06:10 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I prefer Quinn to Russell.. but JaMarcus could be pretty good in the Mike Martz offense.
Old 04-15-2007, 06:15 PM    (permalink
jbombul
Rookie

jbombul hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.jbombul hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

does anyone have the results of the iq test they take?? i know last year there was tons of critics saying young couldn't learn a system because he scored like a 19. anyways im just curious
jbombul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 06:27 PM    (permalink
Michigan
Who wants to sex Mutombo?
Pro Bowler

Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Russell has been my 2nd choice all along after Joe Thomas. Quinn was inconsistent in college and the phrase (from Scott's report) "Does not play the run nearly as well as he does the pass" makes me want to avoid Gaines Adams at all costs.
Old 04-15-2007, 06:43 PM    (permalink
asmitty45
Veteran

asmitty45 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

better be a smokescreen, if we get stuck at 2 w/ CJ off the board we should reach and take Gaines/Willis. Adress the bigger problems immidiately

fenikz

"Pride comes before the fall" - Mark Dantonio

35-21
asmitty45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 06:49 PM    (permalink
GiantRutgersFan
Veteran

GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Quinn is a much better pick for the Lions.

Its an ok situation for any QB with 2 good WRs, but the line is subpar, as is the running attack.

no need for personal attacks, was just saying that Quinn is the better pick