Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Oakland Raiders Team Forum

Oakland Raiders Team Forum Discuss the Raiders

Old 04-15-2007, 02:50 PM    (permalink
Komp
Veteran

Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.
Default Article on Darnell Bing...

Not sure if anyone has seen this or not....Darnell Bing talking about his offseason and his upcoming rookie year. He's 6'2 230 [!!!!!] now...lol....I personally can't wait to see him out there. He hit like a truck in college, now he has an extra 20+ lbs to add to the pain train.

http://www.raiders.com/Common/Article.aspx?id=18434

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.
Komp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 02:53 PM    (permalink
remix 6
Pro Bowler

remix 6 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

hes 6"2 230..he was 6"2 225-228 coming into NFL lol..
remix 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 02:54 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

I hope he can be a good starter at the LB position.If all goes well with this draft our Run D could have solved its problems and we could easily have a top 3 defense.
Old 04-15-2007, 03:41 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hopefully he can do well with morrison and thomas. we would be set for a couple years with that LB crew

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Carr to Cooper in 2015

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 07:06 PM    (permalink
Komp
Veteran

Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by remix 6 View Post
hes 6"2 230..he was 6"2 225-228 coming into NFL lol..
There was no way he was 225 in college...

UPDATE - I just checked, he was 220 as a senior.....the thing with Darnell is that he is a mean, nasty and ripped 230. Not much fat on that man....

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
Quote:
Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.

Last edited by Komp : 04-15-2007 at 07:10 PM. Reason: found it...
Old 04-15-2007, 11:10 PM    (permalink
portermvp84
Pro Bowler

portermvp84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Is there a good chance he will start next season?

Thanks to jackalope
portermvp84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 11:24 PM    (permalink
Komp
Veteran

I'd say he's in the mix for the other OLB across from Howard....depends if he can beat out Sam Williams or not. We will have to see how he handles blockers, NFL RB's etc....

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
Quote:
Old 04-16-2007, 12:01 AM    (permalink
bernbabybern820
Pro Bowler

bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Robert Thomas outplayed Sam Williams by a lot.
They said I couldn't be a high school QB. They said I couldn't get a D1 scholarship. BeerBaron said I couldn't beat the Bears. - Tebow

Proving the doubters wrong.
bernbabybern820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 12:11 AM    (permalink
goonie61
Rookie

goonie61 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

This is a little off topic but, it is amazing me that the Raiders lose so much since your defense is so good, the Raiders were ranked very high statistically last season in defense. You would imagine that you could win some games with pure D. What is also amazing is that all of your defensive players are virtually unknowns (people dont really know about Derrick Burgess, Kirk Morrison, Thomas Howard), except for Warren Sapp. Do you guys think the Raiders will soon turn into a team like the Baltimore Ravens, or the old Bucs team, with a dominating defense but no offense?
Old 04-16-2007, 12:22 AM    (permalink
Xonraider
All-Pro

Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goonie61 View Post
This is a little off topic but, it is amazing me that the Raiders lose so much since your defense is so good, the Raiders were ranked very high statistically last season in defense. You would imagine that you could win some games with pure D. What is also amazing is that all of your defensive players are virtually unknowns (people dont really know about Derrick Burgess, Kirk Morrison, Thomas Howard), except for Warren Sapp. Do you guys think the Raiders will soon turn into a team like the Baltimore Ravens, or the old Bucs team, with a dominating defense but no offense?
It's not like the old Bucs or Ravens had no offense.
Old 04-16-2007, 12:38 AM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
. You would imagine that you could win some games with pure D.
we did when we played the steelers. has 98 yards of offence, carr ran back a 102 yard int and scrabble ran a 20 something int back

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Carr to Cooper in 2015

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 03:51 AM    (permalink
zCaddyz
Rookie

zCaddyz hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i forgot yall got bing what u guys think about moving back some and getting quinn
Old 04-16-2007, 02:18 PM    (permalink
bernbabybern820
Pro Bowler

bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Our defensive stats are a tiny bit inflated because in a couple of games teams played vanilla offense and even ran it on 3rd and long 3 straight possessions since they knew we were going to give it right back to them on offense.
They said I couldn't be a high school QB. They said I couldn't get a D1 scholarship. BeerBaron said I couldn't beat the Bears. - Tebow

Old 04-16-2007, 02:21 PM    (permalink
TheChampIsHere
Veteran

TheChampIsHere hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think we can expect to see THomas Howard move to SLB, he has the size to play the position. And Bing we are hoping is the eventual starter at WLB. Bing, Howard and Morrison could be a great LB crew for many years to come. Sam Williams I think is more of a situational player than a 3 down player and Robert Thomas was good last year but I dont think he is the future for us, I like him a lot as a backup though.
TheChampIsHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 02:53 PM    (permalink
portermvp84
Pro Bowler

portermvp84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I hope Samw Williams doesn't start he really hasn't proven him self, he's been injured or has had medicore seasons. We should either give the starting job to Robert Thomas or Darnell Bing.

Thanks to jackalope
portermvp84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 02:58 PM    (permalink
skatman
Rookie

skatman hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by portermvp84 View Post
I hope Samw Williams doesn't start he really hasn't proven him self, he's been injured or has had medicore seasons. We should either give the starting job to Robert Thomas or Darnell Bing.
Bing on the left side, at 230 pounds? Asking him to go from a college safety, sit out a year, than start on the strong-side, taking on TE's all game long, is a lot, IMO.
skatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 04:49 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think we should even be worrying about the LB position. Morrison and Howard will start and the other three (Williams, Bing, Thomas) will probably switch off until one of them rises above the other two.
IMO the problem with the run D (actually wasn't much of a problem, but when your defense is #1 against the pass I guess this is the only area to improve in) was with the DT's, not the LB's. Sapp and Kelly are not exactly run stuffers, hopefully Sands will see more time so he can eat up blockers and let the LB's make big plays.
Stash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 11:02 AM    (permalink
bernbabybern820
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by skatman View Post
Bing on the left side, at 230 pounds? Asking him to go from a college safety, sit out a year, than start on the strong-side, taking on TE's all game long, is a lot, IMO.
agreed next year all hes probably going to be is a special teams player as well as an lb on obvious pass situations.