Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 04-15-2007, 07:13 PM    (permalink
BigJohn98
Pro Bowler

BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So the SEC is the only confrence where teams beat up on each other? What's it then when teams in the ACC or Big 12 play each other?

Last edited by BigJohn98 : 04-15-2007 at 07:20 PM.
BigJohn98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 07:36 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll save everyone the trouble and recap this whole thread before it even gets started...

The SEC and Big 10 will be debated for about 30 pages and ultimately it would seem that the SEC comes out on top with Big10 a close 2nd...this may not be completely accepted but its basically how the argument will end...there will be a handful of others for the ACC and Pac10 respectively, with maybe a few more or less for the Big 12 and Big East depending on who responds...there will be occasional homerism/joking votes for MAC, Mountain West, etc...someone will plug that ND is the greatest because they aren't in a conference...eventually everyone gets pissed or just starts making fun of eachother and possible thread being locked

:D

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 07:42 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
I'll save everyone the trouble and recap this whole thread before it even gets started...

The SEC and Big 10 will be debated for about 30 pages and ultimately it would seem that the SEC comes out on top with Big10 a close 2nd...this may not be completely accepted but its basically how the argument will end...there will be a handful of others for the ACC and Pac10 respectively, with maybe a few more or less for the Big 12 and Big East depending on who responds...there will be occasional homerism/joking votes for MAC, Mountain West, etc...someone will plug that ND is the greatest because they aren't in a conference...eventually everyone gets pissed or just starts making fun of eachother and possible thread being locked

Thats about what happend last time

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 07:44 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

well I mean I thought we could atleast wait until fall to start this argument again...I was looking forward to an offseason where we didn't have to go through this...

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 07:50 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn98 View Post
So the SEC is the only confrence where teams beat up on each other? What's it then when teams in the ACC or Big 12 play each other?
this coming from the guy that argued that Georgia sucks...By beat up on eachother its meant to say that they dont normally loose non-conference games but get bad records because of the confrence play. Look at Vandy this year, 4-8, but 1-7 in the confrence. That means they went 3-1 out of confrence(or OOC as i will now say and IC for in conference)
South Carolina, 8-5 overall, 3-5 in confrence, undefeated OOC
Kentucky 8-5 overall, 4-4 IC, 4-1 OOC
2 out of 3 of Miss St's wins came from OOC opponets
Alabama went 6-7, 2-6 IC, 4-1 OOC
Florida's only loss was IC

Old 04-15-2007, 07:50 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

Quote:
well I mean I thought we could atleast wait until fall to start this argument again...I was looking forward to an offseason where we didn't have to go through this...
it was being debated in a thread about Teddy Ginn, I had to take it out of there

Old 04-15-2007, 08:35 PM    (permalink
BigJohn98
Pro Bowler

BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
this coming from the guy that argued that Georgia sucks...
Ok, so how good was Georgia then?
BigJohn98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 08:42 PM    (permalink
TigerBait45
Veteran

TigerBait45 is a cocksman.TigerBait45 is a cocksman.TigerBait45 is a cocksman.

Good enough to beat Virginia Tech.
TigerBait45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 08:46 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn98 View Post
Ok, so how good was Georgia then?
Good enough to be top 25 and their only losses were IC
and to beat GTech
Losses: Tenn, Vandy, Florida and Kentucky

Old 04-16-2007, 09:47 AM    (permalink
constant cough
Rookie

constant cough hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

There is the SEC then there is everyone else. Not that it matters though I'm a fan of the college game and I'll sit there and watch confrence usa matches if they're good. I watch it all.
constant cough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 10:45 AM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by constant cough View Post
There is the SEC then there is everyone else. Not that it matters though I'm a fan of the college game and I'll sit there and watch confrence usa matches if they're good. I watch it all.
totally agree. there more top 25 teams in the SEC more top 25 defenses. the fastest defenses in the nation are in the SEC. you saw it in the NC game. ohio state did not know what to do with the speed that florida was bringing. while it isn't even close that SEC is the best conference i still will sit and watch LA Tech play Houston St.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig
terribletowel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 10:49 AM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by terribletowel39 View Post
totally agree. there more top 25 teams in the SEC more top 25 defenses. the fastest defenses in the nation are in the SEC. you saw it in the NC game. ohio state did not know what to do with the speed that florida was bringing. while it isn't even close that SEC is the best conference i still will sit and watch LA Tech play Houston St.
I love watching big conference games, but i hate how people automatically reject small school games. In '04 probably one of the funner teams to watch was Hawaii because of Chang and the rest of the offense

Old 04-16-2007, 10:56 AM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
I love watching big conference games, but i hate how people automatically reject small school games. In '04 probably one of the funner teams to watch was Hawaii because of Chang and the rest of the offense
thats no lie. Chang with Nasti Nate and the whole defense plays with such reckless abandon. like a bunch of troy p's on one team. or so everyone doesn't say that i said troy p b/c he is samoan, i will say a bunch of bob sanders on one team.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig
terribletowel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 11:43 AM    (permalink
OhioState
Veteran

OhioState hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.OhioState hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

right now it is SEC then Big Ten
Old 04-16-2007, 01:27 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Quoted for extreme truth.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 09:28 PM    (permalink
mad36092

Lately the ACC has been a down conference, with Miami and Florida St. not playing up to their standards. The SEC does have a lot of good teams (LSU, Arkansas, Florida, Auburn), the Big 10 has 3 pretty good teams (Michigan, OSU, Wisconsin), the Big 12 was a little disappointing last year but they still have decent to good teams (Texas, OU, Nebraska), the Pac-10 has an elite in USC and good teams in Cal and Oregon. Either the SEC or Big 10.