Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-07-2006, 10:40 AM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Keith Bulluck WOLB, Due to contravrsy, 2nd OLB thread coming

This is too find out who you here aat NFLDC think would be most suited to hold the outside

All OLB's have been chosen for either their ability to rush the passer, stop the run, tackle, cover, read plays

the options are as follows, if you think i have missed someone (i dont think i have) then tell me and if i think ur reason is valid enough i will add them

If a Position has two players on the field (WR, DE, DT, OLB, CB) then the top two players on the poll will be selected, wth the higgher of the two being the #1 and the lower being #2

QB - Tom Brady - New England Patriots (Runner Up - Peyton Manning - Indianapolis Colts)
RB - LaDainian Tomlinson - San Diego Chargers (Runner Up - Larry Johnson - KC Chiefs)
WR1 - Larry Fitzgerald - Arizona Cardinals (Runner Up - Terrel Owens - Dallas Cowboys)
WR2 - Chad Johnson - Cincinnati Bengals (Runner Up - Marvin Harrison - Inidianapolis Colts)
LT - Walter Jones - Seattle Seahawks (Runner Up - Orlando Pace - St Louis Rams)
LG - Steve Hutchinson - Minnesota Vikings (Runner Up - Larry Allen - Dallas Cowboys)
C - Olin Kreutz - Chicago Bears (Runner Up - LeCharles Bentley - Cleveland Browns)
RG - Will Shields - KC Chiefs (Runner Up - Chris Naeole - Jacksonville Jaguars)
RT - Willie Anderson - Cincinnati Bengals (Runner Up - George Foster - Denver Broncos)
TE - Antonio Gates - San Diego Chargers (Runner Up - Jason Witten - Dallas Cowboys)
RE - Michael Strahan - NY Giants (Runner Up - Dwight Freeney - Indianapolis Colts)
LE - Julius Peppers - Carolina Panthers (Runner Up - Jason Taylor - Miami Dolphins)
DT - Shaun Rogers - Detroit Lions (Runner Up - John Henderson - Jacksonville Jaguars)
DT - Marcus Stroud - Jacksonville Jaguars (Runner Up - Kevin Williams - Minnisota Vikings)
WOLB - Keith Bulluck - Tennessee Titans
MLB -
CB -
FS -
SS -
FB -
K -
P -

VOTE AWAY

AND PLEASE NO HOMERISM, IF YOU VOTE AGAINST YOUR TEAMS OLB IT WONT MEAN YOU GO TO HELL, IT JUST MEANS THAT YOU DONT THINK HE IS THE BEST OLB

ADDITION
When DE's and OLB's are selected if the two winners/runners up are from the same side then I will decide who i believe will be best able too cope with a side switch.

P.S. the only way that this can be successful is if you vote, please if you vote here check back when your on too see if a new poll has gone up, all votes are crucial as the more votes there are the more set in stone the voice of the voters will be :D

Thanks,
stephenson86
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 10:43 AM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Keith Bulluck is incredibly solid all around. He makes a lot of plays in coverage and in pursuit, and he can get after the QB. Derrick Brooks is #2 for me.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 10:44 AM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

No Lights Out?

No Dj

No D-Ware?
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 10:44 AM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by America
Keith Bulluck is incredibly solid all around. He makes a lot of plays in coverage and in pursuit, and he can get after the QB. Derrick Brooks is #2 for me.
i really hope he wins his because i dont think there is any one currently who is as solid as him. he oesnt get as much credit as he deserves
Old 08-07-2006, 10:45 AM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
LOLB - should be the Bull

ROLB - should be the Brooks
Old 08-07-2006, 10:45 AM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Dawkins
No Lights Out?

No Dj

No D-Ware?
not allowed moe than 10 options on a poll?

not going too include they arent as good as any of the above?
Old 08-07-2006, 10:46 AM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

Quote:
Quote:
LOLB - should be the Bull

ROLB - should be the Brooks
i remember an analyst once said he was the best linebacker outside, and then he said "and probably inside aswell" that man gained much respect off me
Old 08-07-2006, 10:46 AM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephenson86
Quote:
No Lights Out?

No Dj

No D-Ware?

true i realy just want lights out - David Thornton why him ? 2 yrs no 100 tackles
Old 08-07-2006, 10:47 AM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
No Lights Out?

No Dj

No D-Ware?

true i realy just want lights out
hell be on the 3 - 4 poll
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know he was injured last year, but Takeo Spikes is better than half the guys on this list easily.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Legend
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10
I know he was injured last year, but Takeo Spikes is better than half the guys on this list easily.
:D
Old 08-07-2006, 10:48 AM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eh, he's overrated anyway.

But, I had to go with my man Julian Peterson!

...Actually, no, no I don't. Keith Brooking rules.
Old 08-07-2006, 10:50 AM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
No Lights Out?

No Dj

No D-Ware?

true i realy just want lights out
hell be on the 3 - 4 poll
David Thornton - sucks - sorry to all his fans comepare to Spikes hes a ant
Old 08-07-2006, 11:33 AM    (permalink
pav

SHAWN MERRIMAN = probowler as a rookie last year!!!!!!!! has to be a choice.
Old 08-07-2006, 11:41 AM    (permalink

Keith Bulluck will win this poll so i just voted for Cato June
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thornton and June have no business being on this poll. Not trying to attack you or anything, but putting their names up there is a joke. June has had only one nice season, after being a late round pick in a system that accentuates his strengths while minimizing his weaknesses, and Thornton has just been "good", not anywhere in the vicinity of "best". Both of those guys should be stricken from this poll.

On top of that, since when did we allow someone who hasn't even been a starter on his own team to be on a poll for who is the best in the league? Seriously. LaVar Arrington hasn't done one damn thing since 03, how can he possibly be included in this discussion? Is it just because you were grasping for big names and you don't really know who the cream is at this position, or what? If we're voting for "most talented", then he definitely belongs here, but it has been my understanding that this isn't the question.

Peterson, as well, hasn't been that great since 03. He had that Achilles injury that ended his 04 season, and then he was never quite the same last year....but he's at least in the neighbourhood.

Also, if we're doing a seperate poll for the 3-4 teams, then why is Porter on this poll? He is first and foremost a rush 'Backer. As a pure LB, he would still be good, but not that good. Definitely not good enough to be mentioned among the best.

But anyway, I digress. Bulluck is most definitely the guy at the OLB spot right now. With Peterson's injuries, LaVar's regression and Brooks decline from age, he is the lone guy standing at the top of the mountain. But there are some nice up and comers that will be in the mix over the next couple of seasons. Briggs is a very very good player, but I want to see him refine his game a little before I start considering him in this conversation. Derrick Johnson has a great shot to be here in 2 or 3 years.

Also, shouldn't Will Witherspoon be up there? He was infinitely better than LaVar or Julian last year, and clearly ahead of David Thornton. He should be on the list before those guys, at least.

Takeo, as well, is a great player. I would personally omit him as because of the injury thing, and we won't know how well he's going to recover from it for quite awhile, but as long as other injury cases are included, he should definitely be as well. Before it happened, he was awesome.
He was protecting his self
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
From what? His leg?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
"We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware
DMWSackMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I said Derrick Brooks.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 11:42 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is another position that depends on scheme. If we're talking about 3-4 defenses, then guys like Merriman, Ware, Porter, Vrabel etc should be on the list, coupled with some DEs capable of playing the position, ie Umenyiora, Peppers, Taylor, etc. Also there should be a distinction between WILL and SAM, both have different responsibilities.

Again, if we're talking 4-3 defenses, then your list for the most part is accurate, but if we're talking about 3-4 defenses, then the list is thrown out the window.

I think you should clarify in your post that you are building a 4-3 defense. That will make things simpler.
Old 08-07-2006, 11:42 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also, if anything, I would put Strahan at LE and Peppers at RE. That would probably better utlilize both their skill sets.
Old 08-07-2006, 11:43 AM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LAVAR
Old 08-07-2006, 11:46 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants
LAVAR
If Lavar wasn't on the Giants would you say that? He's there based largely on name-recognition and slightly potential alone. Brookings, Brooks, Bullucks, and Briggs are all better choices.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 11:48 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51
Quote:
LAVAR
If Lavar wasn't on the Giants would you say that? He's there based largely on name-recognition and slightly potential alone. Brookings, Brooks, Bullucks, and Briggs are all better choices.
I'd say those guys are. Not sold on Briggs yet. Between what Lavar has done in the past and what he flashed in the playoffs when the Skins actually let him play, I'm still putting him ahead of Briggs. I'm just not sold on Lance. He really benefits from the system and having Urlacher next to him. Also the willingness the Bears seem to have with him walking next year is quite perculiar.
Old 08-07-2006, 11:49 AM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.

I voted for Derrick Brooks.
Old 08-07-2006, 11:51 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51
Quote:
LAVAR
I'd say those guys are. Not sold on Briggs yet. Between what Lavar has done in the past and what he flashed in the playoffs when the Skins actually let him play, I'm still putting him ahead of Briggs. I'm just not sold on Lance. He really benefits from the system and having Urlacher next to him. Also the willingness the Bears seem to have with him walking next year is quite perculiar.
I just put Briggs in there because he also has a last name with a B.

He certainly benefits from playing alongside Urlacher. Briggs is just really really good, but I don't consider him elite. The Bears offered a 5 year deal that average around 6 million a year and he turned it down, that was about the end of their conversation. They might franchise him this year but Angelo has never used the tag before and they might not deem him worthy of it.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 11:51 AM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you're differentiating both OLB spots (strong and weakside), I'd go Keith Bulluck as the WILL and Marcus Washington as the SAM.

Overall, since I can only vote for one I went with Keith.
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote