Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

Old 04-16-2007, 10:56 AM    (permalink
Notredameleo
Pro Bowler

Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Lets take a vote!!

How many people would be pis$$ed if we drafted CJ?

I would much rather trade down and select willis or landry, but i would not be mad if we got CJ. WHat about you guys?
Old 04-16-2007, 12:21 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well my obvious preference is a trade down within the top 10, but selecting Johnson would not be a bad thing if we couldn't deal down.

I have said for a long time that I would be open to the selection of CJ.
Old 04-16-2007, 12:47 PM    (permalink
TRJ997
Rookie

TRJ997 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'm not a Lion's fan, but I'll put myself into your shoes:

Taking CJ would not be one of the best options available, so I would initially be a little annoyed. Obviously a trade down would be best, but I think Quinn, Adams, Landry, or Thomas would be better for the Lions long term winning percentage. However, how many fans in the entire NFL would be pi$$ed if their team took CJ? Arizona?
TRJ997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 12:54 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would not be pissed, but I would be slightly disappointed.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 01:44 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd prefer a trade down, but I wouldn't be mad per say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!
ironman4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 01:47 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bottom line is that we don't have an overwhelming need for any of the top offensive players in this draft. We absolutely want to draft defense. But it's always better to take the BPA rather than reach significantly when picking so early in the draft.

We have a need for a WR, so we might as well get the best one (and best overall player in the draft) and never have to worry about the WR position again in the next 6-7 years.
Old 04-16-2007, 01:59 PM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i agree with xio i dont want to reach for adams or willis or laundry not at #2 if we get stuck there then CJ is a good pick
Old 04-16-2007, 02:55 PM    (permalink
Lions-Slappy
Rookie

Lions-Slappy is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairLions-Slappy is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairLions-Slappy is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairLions-Slappy is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairLions-Slappy is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairLions-Slappy is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairLions-Slappy is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairLions-Slappy is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairLions-Slappy is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairLions-Slappy is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairLions-Slappy is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

I would hate to reach for a player at #2, but I would be annoyed if they took CJ.

If we are stuck at #2 I would still like to see Thomas, and build some depth on the O-Line, we always seem to be besieged with injuries.
Lions-Slappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 03:30 PM    (permalink
JPLUFF
Veteran

JPLUFF hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I wouldn't mind at all.
Old 04-16-2007, 03:40 PM    (permalink
woodnick
Veteran

woodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

I just don't want a QB there, but I'm good any other way
woodnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 03:42 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't be that upset. If you actual weigh the options and think about it doesn't sound as crazy.

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 04:03 PM    (permalink
asmitty45
Veteran

asmitty45 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Id probably laugh if they didnt trade him, but i wouldnt be terribly upset.

Id rather have Willis

fenikz

"Pride comes before the fall" - Mark Dantonio

35-21
asmitty45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 04:04 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What is the consensus first choice at this point?
Old 04-16-2007, 05:04 PM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions-Slappy View Post
I would hate to reach for a player at #2, but I would be annoyed if they took CJ.

If we are stuck at #2 I would still like to see Thomas, and build some depth on the O-Line, we always seem to be besieged with injuries.

i dont think we should use the #2 pick simply to add depth
Old 04-16-2007, 07:44 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd prefer Willis/Landry.. but I would not have a problem at all if we took CJ.

WMD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 11:17 PM    (permalink
reinar
Rookie

reinar hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I would not have a problem with the following, in order of preference, at the #2 spot: Though I think that if we do not do a trade, we are not taking advantage of one of the best times in recent history to be at the #2 spot, and still get the guys the team wants/needs.

Willis, Adams, Thomas, CJ, Landry