Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 04-17-2007, 11:37 AM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No, I was going to buy one, but I got engaged, and being that we don't have a ton of money at the moment, I basically had to go one or the other. I did have a 360 at one point, but it was destroyed by sand and dust, and is completely useless now. Never take your 360 to a desert.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!
ironman4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 11:40 AM    (permalink
frogstomp

Pfft, I'm so broke, I don't even move my 360 out of fear of something happening to it... thank god the government doesn't care if my student loan actually goes towards school.
Old 04-17-2007, 11:40 AM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I do have a question for anyone that does currently have a 360 though. I never got a chance to put mine online. So my question is. I have heard different things about the price of online play. I've heard $50 and $70 dollars. My question is, regardless off what the price is, is it a one time fee? Monthly? Yearly? I love my PS3, but if it's something like $50 a year, and with all the great games coming out for it, I think I'd look into getting another one.

Quote:

Old 04-17-2007, 11:41 AM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogstomp View Post
Pfft, I'm so broke, I don't even move my 360 out of fear of something happening to it... thank god the government doesn't care if my student loan actually goes towards school.
I always thought that's what student loans were for. Alchohol and video games. I've been grossly misinformed.

Quote:

Old 04-17-2007, 11:43 AM    (permalink
frogstomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironman4579 View Post
I do have a question for anyone that does currently have a 360 though. I never got a chance to put mine online. So my question is. I have heard different things about the price of online play. I've heard $50 and $70 dollars. My question is, regardless off what the price is, is it a one time fee? Monthly? Yearly? I love my PS3, but if it's something like $50 a year, and with all the great games coming out for it, I think I'd look into getting another one.
Where do you live?

US - 50
Canada - 70

Anyways, they offer a lot of deals with a game + a year of live. I got a free year with Splinter Cell, and you get two free months with pretty much any game you get... I have all three years filled up right now. You also get a free month just making the account.
Old 04-17-2007, 11:44 AM    (permalink
frogstomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironman4579 View Post
I always thought that's what student loans were for. Alchohol and video games. I've been grossly misinformed.
Yeah, if they didn't directly pay the school my tuition, I'd probably be kicked out by now...
Old 04-17-2007, 11:49 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ha, i never realized how bad madden looks on the ps3.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 11:52 AM    (permalink
frogstomp

Now, now... let's not turn this into a PS3 bashing thread, because then njx and I will turn it into something completely random and unrelated.
Old 04-17-2007, 11:56 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Now, now... let's not turn this into a PS3 bashing thread, because then njx and I will turn it into something completely random and unrelated.
Oh i know... not my intentions at all. It just looks bad.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 04-17-2007, 01:24 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
ha, i never realized how bad madden looks on the ps3.
Most of the launch games for PS3 weren't great looking at all IMO. I like Resistance: Fall of Man. Fight Night and Call of Duty are good too. I'm still a PS3 fan, but the launch games left something to be desired for sure.

Quote:

Old 04-17-2007, 01:35 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

More Splinter Cell!

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 01:58 PM    (permalink
frogstomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDawg819 View Post
More Splinter Cell!

The next one is supposed to be a 360 exclusive... woot!
Old 04-17-2007, 02:00 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would want a video game of the movie Munich that would be fun.
Old 04-17-2007, 02:01 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

hmm.... very interesting. Might have to add it to my wishlist.

Unrelated: As for Spore... I dont get the hype.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 04-17-2007, 02:03 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
I would want a video game of the movie Munich that would be fun.
I havent seen Munich yet but, I want a game based on The Departed. A good one though, not like your typical movie to video game type crap.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 04-17-2007, 02:08 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

Quote:
I havent seen Munich yet but, I want a game based on The Departed. A good one though, not like your typical movie to video game type crap.
I'd love a game of Munich. I think the reason most movie licensed games suck is because the developer is under pressure to get it out as fast as they can to capitalize on the hype of the movie. Rushed product=crappy product.

Quote:

Old 04-17-2007, 02:20 PM    (permalink
Veteran

22,895 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I want somebody deserving on any cover (ie. NCAA Football and Madden 08) Also, hopfully Madden 07 is good because I have no choice to buy it now because EA picked Vince Young on the Cover. Heck pick Brett Favre on the Cover like a Special Cover for as he will break Marinos record this year. Kind of like how NCAA had Desmond Howard on the Cover. Anybody, but Young.

Also, I would like to get your guys input on Madden 07 since I'm going to buy it.
22,895 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 02:21 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Give me a PS3 remake of the first Metal Gear Solid. BEASTLY!!
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 02:23 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by 22,895 View Post
I want somebody deserving on any cover (ie. NCAA Football and Madden 08) Also, hopfully Madden 07 is good because I have no choice to buy it now because EA picked Vince Young on the Cover. Heck pick Brett Favre on the Cover like a Special Cover for as he will break Marinos record this year. Kind of like how NCAA had Desmond Howard on the Cover. Anybody, but Young.

Also, I would like to get your guys input on Madden 07 since I'm going to buy it.
I wonder what the new addition will be to the game. Doesnt the coverman and the newest feature always coincide somehow?

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 04-17-2007, 02:24 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Give me a PS3 remake of the first Metal Gear Solid. BEASTLY!!
I would love XBOX 360 remakes of all the Resident Evils... number 1 especially.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 04-17-2007, 02:26 PM    (permalink
frogstomp

Quote:
I would love XBOX 360 remakes of all the Resident Evils... number 1 especially.
As well as silent hill.

GET ON IT!
Old 04-17-2007, 02:26 PM    (permalink
Tampa 2 4 life
All-Pro

Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As a game that's already being made: Manhunt 2 for Wii(Use your imagination)

Something I'd like to see: A GTA MMO
Old 04-17-2007, 02:29 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
As well as silent hill.

GET ON IT!
Yes, yes, yes.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 04-17-2007, 02:30 PM    (permalink
JCutlery
Veteran

JCutlery hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

1. GTA IV
2. Manhunt 2
Old 04-17-2007, 03:36 PM    (permalink
frogstomp

Jack Thompson is a jackass. He's already turning the VT thing into a war on video games.

http://kotaku.com/gaming/feature/fea...ies-252914.php