Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 04-17-2007, 07:02 PM    (permalink
Veteran

22,895 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
I wonder what the new addition will be to the game. Doesnt the coverman and the newest feature always coincide somehow?
Probably some feature in Superstar Mode where if you're a QB and you have more INTs than TDs and have the Worst QB Rating in the NFL and you get shutdown against good Defenses yet you will still be called "One of The Best QBs in the AFC" and you will go to the Pro Bowl and get on the Madden Cover. That's what I think a new Feature will be.
22,895 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 07:05 PM    (permalink
steelersfan43
Pro Bowler

steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogstomp View Post
Jack Thompson is a jackass. He's already turning the VT thing into a war on video games.

http://kotaku.com/gaming/feature/fea...ies-252914.php
Wow, first of all, ok I dont really care if they want to ban violent games, what evs. but seriously, this guy is an idiot, how do you 'train' for shooting people in real life on games? It makes no sense at all. Games dont turn people violent, violent people are attracted to violent games.
steelersfan43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 07:07 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelersfan43 View Post
Wow, first of all, ok I dont really care if they want to ban violent games, what evs. but seriously, this guy is an idiot, how do you 'train' for shooting people in real life on games? It makes no sense at all. Games dont turn people violent, violent people are attracted to violent games.
i agree, i am one of the most non violent ppl you will ever echat with but i love me some Marcus Fenix.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig
terribletowel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 07:11 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jack Thompson has been doing this for years, he really believes he's some sort of radical do-gooder for what's right for the youth. When in fact he is just douche.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 07:13 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkHtgRxBfKA

Nice video of Jack being owned on g4.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 07:16 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelersfan43 View Post
Wow, first of all, ok I dont really care if they want to ban violent games, what evs. but seriously, this guy is an idiot, [b]how do you 'train' for shooting people in real life on games?[.b] It makes no sense at all. Games dont turn people violent, violent people are attracted to violent games.
Playing duck hunt in my youth immensely improved my ability to shoot ducks. :D

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 07:35 PM    (permalink
jagsfreak27
Veteran

jagsfreak27 needs more cowbell.

Halo 3
Madden 08
Ratchet and Clank 5
Destroy All Humans 3
College Hoops 2K8
Gears Of War 2
Def Jam Icon sequel
College Football 08
God Of War 3

Jags:8-8
Duke B-Ball:22-10
Florida Gators: 13-1 BCS Champs
4/16/07 R.I.P VT
sig by jackalope
jagsfreak27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 08:02 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fantasy draft for Madden
Old 04-17-2007, 08:16 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Icon

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
Fantasy draft for Madden
I really missed that on the 360 version of Madden

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 09:44 PM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i really hope EA makes an effort and fixes up the D... but in spite of all my hope, i know they'll add some cheesy feature that the kids will jump over
...like madden going "BALLINNNNN" after a TD or something
Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 10:37 PM    (permalink
islandboy843
Pro Bowler

islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy View Post
i really hope EA makes an effort and fixes up the D... but in spite of all my hope, i know they'll add some cheesy feature that the kids will jump over
...like madden going "BALLINNNNN" after a TD or something
AFTER EVERY NYG TACKLE

islandboy843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 10:55 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What Chucky said... bring back MVP!!! Best sports series ever.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 11:00 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Grand Theft Auto 4

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 01:40 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My only wish pertaining to video games is to be as knowledgeable as this well informed intellectual.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25LceCPO1ys

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 01:46 AM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm still hoping they decide to add a MMO to Grand Theft Auto 4 for XBox Live. That' be so sweet to be able to make a lowlife of your own and interact in an online city full of other gamers.
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 01:49 AM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
My only wish pertaining to video games is to be as knowledgeable as this well informed intellectual.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25LceCPO1ys
holy **** that was the dumbest thing i have ever watched. + rep for entertaining me for 5 minutes......and i don't mean by watching the video.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig
terribletowel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 11:53 AM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Give me a PS3 remake of the first Metal Gear Solid. BEASTLY!!
I'd like to see remakes of the first 2 Metal Gears, especially the original one that came out on I believe Nintendo. That would be great IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!
ironman4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 02:49 PM    (permalink
frogstomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
I'm still hoping they decide to add a MMO to Grand Theft Auto 4 for XBox Live. That' be so sweet to be able to make a lowlife of your own and interact in an online city full of other gamers.
That would be awesome, but I don't see it ever happening... at least not this generation.

I hope the "exclusive downloadable content" involves planes or helicopters... how else will I get on top of buildings with a rocket launcher and a sniper? (I know that they definitely won't be available, but I can still dream...)
Old 04-18-2007, 02:52 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That would be awesome, but I don't see it ever happening... at least not this generation.

I hope the "exclusive downloadable content" involves planes or helicopters... how else will I get on top of buildings with a rocket launcher and a sniper? (I know that they definitely won't be available, but I can still dream...)
You can't have a game like that, it would lead you to do unspeakable acts and such. Or at least that is what some people want to lead you to believe. Those additions would make the game more enjoyable indeed.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

Old 04-18-2007, 03:13 PM    (permalink
Big Mike
Veteran

Big Mike hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I just got Elder Scrolls for PS3. Im currently awaiting Killzone 2 and Heavenly Sword though.

ALL COMPLIMENTS TO: BANTX FOR THE SIG

XBOX360 Gamertag: GZA88
Big Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 03:34 PM    (permalink
frogstomp

http://www.ps3center.net/story-394.h...ccea5054cf3 5

Final Fantasy XIII is no longer exclusive to the PS3.
Old 04-18-2007, 03:58 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wish EA never locked up exclusivity. The quality has really dropped since, and composite review scores back up that assertion.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 04:05 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone have MLB 2K7? I have a few problems with this game.

1. You hit way too many homers, regardless of level of difficulty
2. Hard as hell to steal bases and hit doubles
3. You get 20 Ks on Pro and zero to one on All-Star (there is no in between)
4. You'll get robbed of a homerun at least one time a game and you always know it's coming
5. CPU pitchers pitch mostly strikes... leading to low walk numbers

I'm a huge fan of realism and this game just doesnt have it. I had to stop playing my season it just wasnt fun anymore. Overall... the game is fantastic to look at but, they still have a lot of work to do.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 04:19 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
http://www.ps3center.net/story-394.h...ccea5054cf3 5

Final Fantasy XIII is no longer exclusive to the PS3.
Did I just hear the world shake a bit?
But I know some Sony fangirls who are going to be very mad about this.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 04:26 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
Did I just hear the world shake a bit?
But I know some Sony fangirls who are going to be very mad about this.
Emo Tears :,-( for the Sony fangirls.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote: