Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 04-18-2007, 05:29 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

oh i'm sure there will be some sony lovers that are angry, i own a 360 and i still think that is messed up.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig
terribletowel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 05:35 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terribletowel39 View Post
oh i'm sure there will be some sony lovers that are angry, i own a 360 and i still think that is messed up.
Of course its messed up, you never buy the first release of any Microsoft product.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 05:37 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Square owes nothing to Sony. I grew up playing Final Fantasy, Chrono Trigger, and all the other Square games on the SNES. They've released a Final Fantasy on the 360 already. Granted, it was XI, but still. I'm happy about it actually. Good series, even though I wasn't a fan of XII....people who don't own a PS3 deserve to play it.
One thing that's becoming a trend in this console life cycle is not limiting yourself to exclusives.....which actually gives the developers more power.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 05:37 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
Fantasy draft for Madden
and we need to bring the expansion draft option back. Greatest thing ever.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 05:58 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

On the topic of Final Fantasy XIII...
All the sony fangirls are up in arms. Just looked at some of their traditional hangouts. They're trying to discredit this. And that's the only source I've seen talking about this. What is confirmed is that Microsoft is in negations with both Square and Konami to try to get the Final Fantasy series and Metal Gear series to be on the 360.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 04-18-2007, 06:01 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
On the topic of Final Fantasy XIII...
All the sony fangirls are up in arms. Just looked at some of their traditional hangouts. They're trying to discredit this. And that's the only source I've seen talking about this. What is confirmed is that Microsoft is in negations with both Square and Konami to try to get the Final Fantasy series and Metal Gear series to be on the 360.
Those franchises deserve to be enjoyed by users of all gaming platforms. I recall playing Metal Gear in my youth on the NES and have recently acquired it on Gamecube and Xbox and its too much of a hassle to get multiple gaming systems just to play an individual title.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

if Microsoft got Konami to give the rights to them for Metal Gear, that would be sick.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig
terribletowel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
frogstomp

Whoa whoa, I never said Final Fantasy is coming to the 360, nor does the link (although that is really all that makes sense, seeing the only platforms that could run FF XIII is a PC and the 360). It simply says that it is no longer a PS3 exclusive.
Old 04-18-2007, 06:03 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogstomp View Post
Whoa whoa, I never said Final Fantasy is coming to the 360, nor does the link (although that is really all that makes sense, seeing the only platforms that could run FF XIII is a PC and the 360).
Still, that's probably the only platform it would be worth jumping ship for, considering the sales for console style RPG games on the PC have never been that great....and as you mentioned, theres no way the Wii could run it.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 01-20-2008, 04:17 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://playmagazine.com/index.php?fu...&Game_ID =717

:thumbs up:
Old 01-20-2008, 04:26 PM    (permalink
Lionsfan93
Rookie

Lionsfan93 could make a wolverine purr.Lionsfan93 could make a wolverine purr.Lionsfan93 could make a wolverine purr.Lionsfan93 could make a wolverine purr.Lionsfan93 could make a wolverine purr.Lionsfan93 could make a wolverine purr.

Rainbow Six Vegas 2 looks good
Lionsfan93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 04:43 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Burnout Paradise has everything anyone can ask for. 2 days I can't wait.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 04:53 PM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.

no more heroes...two days...sweet
JagHombre22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 05:54 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
if Microsoft got Konami to give the rights to them for Metal Gear, that would be sick.
I would die of happiness if that happened, because then I won't need to buy a PS3.

Yes. Metal Gear Solid will make a PS3 worth its price. It will be that amazing.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 06:00 PM    (permalink
Rich Jr
Veteran

Rich Jr smells like sex panther.Rich Jr smells like sex panther.

Next-Gen Goldeneye
Rich Jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 06:02 PM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.

I wish the new turok game would be for the wii as well...
Old 01-20-2008, 06:03 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
I would die of happiness if that happened, because then I won't need to buy a PS3.

Yes. Metal Gear Solid will make a PS3 worth its price. It will be that amazing.
I'm still on the fence with that one. MGS4 probably isn't enough for me to buy a PS3, but more sick games and I may have to think of ways to get one.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 12:07 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have been thinking of some viedo game ideas...

The Departed, the game or atleast something like it.

A game that is Se7en esque but, w/ some more action.

A movie maker game for the 360...kind of like The Movies PC game but, better. Upload movies via Xbox live.

Cloverfield the game or something based off of it...lots of running, more mini monsters, tons of changing POVs (civilian to military men to camera man and back), and I think it would be pretty cool if the game actually filmed what you were doing and seeing from the first person perspective...like sometimes you can be the camera man and watch the military blow some **** up and then sometimes you could go on the other side of that and be the military or you could just be one of the civilians being filmed by the camera man...I always wanted a game that recorded what you were doing and when the game is done...you can go back and watch the movie you just created. I think that would be pretty sweet.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 01-21-2008, 12:49 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
No one else looking forward to SNK Arcade Classics Volume 1?

I know I definitely am. It's probably day one for me assuming the right price it will likely have, like King of Fighters XI.
Old 01-21-2008, 01:18 AM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
I have been thinking of some viedo game ideas...

The Departed, the game or atleast something like it.

A game that is Se7en esque but, w/ some more action.

A movie maker game for the 360...kind of like The Movies PC game but, better. Upload movies via Xbox live.

Cloverfield the game or something based off of it...lots of running, more mini monsters, tons of changing POVs (civilian to military men to camera man and back), and I think it would be pretty cool if the game actually filmed what you were doing and seeing from the first person perspective...like sometimes you can be the camera man and watch the military blow some **** up and then sometimes you could go on the other side of that and be the military or you could just be one of the civilians being filmed by the camera man...I always wanted a game that recorded what you were doing and when the game is done...you can go back and watch the movie you just created. I think that would be pretty sweet.
Good idea it might also be fun to be the monster but I guess it wouldn't be challenging you'd just walk around and crush everything in sight lol.
Another idea would be you are a soldier and you have to go on different missions where you kill mini monsters along the way and you have to escort civilians to different safe zones, and every now and then you encounter the giant monster and have to hold him off before he kills you. The Gears of War thing where you have to hide behind a lot of objects or else you'd get slaughtered should also play into it. It might get repetitive after a while so the missions should be pretty diverse and you should be able to go almost anywhere.

Last edited by Go_Eagles77 : 01-21-2008 at 01:22 AM.
Go_Eagles77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 07:47 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
Good idea it might also be fun to be the monster but I guess it wouldn't be challenging you'd just walk around and crush everything in sight lol.
Another idea would be you are a soldier and you have to go on different missions where you kill mini monsters along the way and you have to escort civilians to different safe zones, and every now and then you encounter the giant monster and have to hold him off before he kills you. The Gears of War thing where you have to hide behind a lot of objects or else you'd get slaughtered should also play into it. It might get repetitive after a while so the missions should be pretty diverse and you should be able to go almost anywhere.
Good ideas...I think the tunnel scenes could be made pretty bad ass in video game form also.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 01-21-2008, 08:28 AM    (permalink
Patriots16-0
Veteran

Patriots16-0 Patriots16-0 Patriots16-0 Patriots16-0 Patriots16-0

I wanted GTA for the Wii... not GTA IV, maybe San Andreas...

Thanks to darnik44two for the sig

Dream Pats Draft:
1. Vernon Gholston, LB, tOSU
2. Adarious Bowman, WR, Ok St
3a. Charles Godfrey, CB, Iowa
3b. Kevin Smith, RB, UCF
4. Peyton Hillis, RB, Ark
5. Jermichael Finley, TE, Texas
6. Brian Witherspoon, CB, Stillman
7. Pierre Garcon, WR, Mt Union
Patriots16-0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 11:21 AM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriots16-0 View Post
I wanted GTA for the Wii... not GTA IV, maybe San Andreas...
I think they should make GTA for the wii...and it should be GTA IV
Old 01-21-2008, 11:22 AM    (permalink
Patriots16-0
Veteran

Patriots16-0 Patriots16-0 Patriots16-0 Patriots16-0 Patriots16-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagHombre22 View Post
I think they should make GTA for the wii...and it should be GTA IV
I know, but a San Andreas port to the Wii would be perfect. They are making Bully, so why not SA?

Thanks to darnik44two for the sig

Dream Pats Draft:
1. Vernon Gholston, LB, tOSU
2. Adarious Bowman, WR, Ok St
3a. Charles Godfrey, CB, Iowa
3b. Kevin Smith, RB, UCF
4. Peyton Hillis, RB, Ark
5. Jermichael Finley, TE, Texas
6. Brian Witherspoon, CB, Stillman
7. Pierre Garcon, WR, Mt Union
Patriots16-0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 01:16 PM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

why settle for SA if you can have IV?

and I don't know how well Bully will do?