Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 08-08-2006, 03:25 PM    (permalink

Vandy, its a really good school. im happy no one has voted Purdue
Old 08-08-2006, 03:27 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsalltheway
don't be dissin purdue. My uncle play football there. It was like 30 years ago though/

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 03:28 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe
Quote:
don't be dissin purdue. My uncle play football there. It was like 30 years ago though/
i hate purdue and always will.
Old 08-08-2006, 03:29 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe
Quote:
i hate purdue and always will.
boo hoo.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 05:29 PM    (permalink
rainbeaukid2
All-Pro

rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roidrunner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobzilla
That list seems suspect. If he gets scores like 34 he should be looking at high class private schools like something in the Ivy League. Also with scores like that he should be getting some major scholarships.
he doesnt want Ivy league. He visted them and didnt like them. something about them being stuck up.
my sister went to dartmouth and she says that there were a lot of lesbos
Old 08-08-2006, 08:13 PM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbeaukid2
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobzilla
That list seems suspect. If he gets scores like 34 he should be looking at high class private schools like something in the Ivy League. Also with scores like that he should be getting some major scholarships.
he doesnt want Ivy league. He visted them and didnt like them. something about them being stuck up.
my sister went to dartmouth and she says that there were a lot of lesbos

roidrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 08:17 PM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Re: Help My little Brother Out

Quote:
So my little brother is at that time in a boys life where has to choose what college he wants to go to. but he is having trouble deciding what college he wants to go to. So i said i would help him out. So i am asking you guys. My brother has the grades to get in these schools. he just doesnt know where he wants to go. He wants to major in Math and Non organic-Chem. Let us know what you guys think. He doesnt care about the sports team very much.
The Citadel.

Owner of ScarDraft
Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report
scar988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 08:21 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

I'm sure your brother will appreciate the advice you gathered from an NFL Draft forum that is primarily populated by people 16 and under.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 08:22 PM    (permalink
elway777
All-Pro

elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses
I'm sure your brother will appreciate the advice you gathered from an NFL Draft forum that is primarily populated by people 16 and under.
My thoughts exactly :?
elway777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 08:29 PM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
that really doesnt matter, its more of that we just wanted to see what other people would do if they had to choose, what woudl they pick, and hearing why you guys like each of the schools.
roidrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 08:30 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Quote:
that really doesnt matter, its more of that we just wanted to see what other people would do if they had to choose, what woudl they pick, and hearing why you guys like each of the schools.
It's not about what we would do, it's about what your brother wants to do. Tell him to go visit the schools and research them as much as possible.
Old 08-08-2006, 08:30 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elway777
Quote:
My thoughts exactly :?
I doubt that this will be a major part in his decission. It's nice to get many opinions though.
Old 08-08-2006, 08:55 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know about you guys but I always come here for advice on my life, especially girls. (sarcasm)

It is just for the sake of someone else's opinion, saying why would you ask that here is pretty lame.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 09:19 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151
I don't know about you guys but I always come here for advice on my life, especially girls. (sarcasm)

It is just for the sake of someone else's opinion, saying why would you ask that here is pretty lame.
Asking for advice on what university to go to is just going to be a bunch of biased opinions.
Old 08-08-2006, 09:27 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:

Asking for advice on what university to go to is just going to be a bunch of biased opinions.
Umm, well yeah. Coming to a forum expecting anything different (save a few forums I guess) is just foolish. Doesn't mean it was dumb to ask the question.
Old 08-08-2006, 10:42 PM    (permalink
O_RLY
Rookie

O_RLY hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

If you're looking purely for quality of education, I would choose Stanford from that list. But you should be looking at other options as well, like California Institute of Technology, UC Berkeley, etc.
Old 08-08-2006, 10:42 PM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Personally I would rely on guidance counselours and his general thoughts of the schools when meeting/contacting them but you can never go wrong with more opions. So I would have to go with the school that has the best program in what he wants to go into (don't know enough about the fancy colleges you listed to give a specific).
Old 08-08-2006, 10:43 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

vanderbilt
Old 08-09-2006, 12:25 AM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardhitz56
Quote:
the kids got the brains for it a 34 on his ACT and a 4.0. At one of the top private schools in america. He's #2 in his class, behind his ex girl friend.
what a smart couple

Does he just have a 4.0? Because I have a 3.95 and am 65th in my class. :? What did he get on the SAT?

Vandy is a really hard school to get into. I got a 1300 on the SAT and the only way I am getting in is because my brother goes there now. He has like a 4.8 and got a 1370 on his SAT. :? If your brother can get into Vandy, he should go there.
GPA's are completely irrelevent, they're done completely differently at some schools than they are at others. For instance, my cousin is going into sophomore year of HS with a 4.5 and is second in his class, but his HS offers honors classes as a freshman and an A in an honors class is a 5 for him and an A in an AP is a 6 (for his GPA). At my HS they dont offer honors classes until sophomore year and only AP US is offered sophomore year, all other AP's are junior and senior year. An A in an honors is a 4.67 and an A in an AP is a 5.33, but kids do very well on AP tests and honors and AP classes are FAR more challenging than standard classes, whereas at his school an honors class means you have to do an extra project or get a few extra hard questions on a test. At my school you could sleep through a standard and get 100's on every test (I've done it many a time) but struggle a bit (B, B+) in an honors or an AP paying attention and studying a little bit. I'll be a senior and I have a 3.6 (I'm barely in the top quarter) but have legit SAT scores to go along with it, but if I went to his school my GPA would be well above a 4.5 and my SAT scores wouldn't be nearly as good. That's the whole purpose of SAT's and ACT's, as well as class rank, to seperate students based on how challenging schools are and how they do GPA's. If he's second in his class and got a 34 out of 36 on his ACT's, he could probably get in almost anywhere he wanted, especially if he has good extra-curriculars.

And he should look at the schools and depending on what size school he wants, how the programs he wants to go into are, class sizes, and intensity of students, and figure it out from there. If you want an opinion, Stanford is probably the best school on there from an education perspective and Duke is no slouch either, but UNC and Vandy are pretty awesome places to go from what I hear though, I'd probably go to one of those two.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote