Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-08-2006, 09:39 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

id like too see

green bay and the bears

bears and lions

washington and dallas

6 teams with huge histories, and thanksgiving is historic, itd be nice
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 10:05 PM    (permalink
detknowitall
Veteran

detknowitall could make a wolverine purr.detknowitall could make a wolverine purr.detknowitall could make a wolverine purr.detknowitall could make a wolverine purr.detknowitall could make a wolverine purr.detknowitall could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staubach12
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsalltheway
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe
Quote:
i enjoyed watching peyton manning put up 6 TD's against the Lions
any QB could put up 6 TD's against the Lions.
could Rex Grossman?
Owned.
Umm, all I can say is 2-0 vs the Lions last season, and 5-0 against the division last season (I don't count the last game as a win or a loss), and this was with Kyle Orton at QB. Oh and I think Marcus Pollard's fillings are still on Solider Field after Mike Brown's hit.

Thank You Come Again.....
Im not saying the Lions are better. Where are you getting this???? Im saying Rex Grossman is not what anyone would call a stable QB. And your counterpoint is that the Lions suck. Nice comeback :?: All Im saying is you cant count on Rex as a QB and your talking about a hit on Marcus Pollard?!?!?!?!
detknowitall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 11:00 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by detknowitall
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
could Rex Grossman?
Owned.
Umm, all I can say is 2-0 vs the Lions last season, and 5-0 against the division last season (I don't count the last game as a win or a loss), and this was with Kyle Orton at QB. Oh and I think Marcus Pollard's fillings are still on Solider Field after Mike Brown's hit.

Im not saying the Lions are better. Where are you getting this???? Im saying Rex Grossman is not what anyone would call a stable QB. And your counterpoint is that the Lions suck. Nice comeback :?: All Im saying is you cant count on Rex as a QB and your talking about a hit on Marcus Pollard?!?!?!?!
I hate to jump into this incredibly thrilling argument, but for the sake of pissing off a lions fan, im pretty sure even the oft-injured rex grossman is a much more reliable QB then any the lions have produced recently.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 11:38 PM    (permalink
scorchin

Lions vs bears in a dome every thanksgiving= boredom.
Old 08-08-2006, 11:39 PM    (permalink
detknowitall
Veteran

detknowitall could make a wolverine purr.detknowitall could make a wolverine purr.detknowitall could make a wolverine purr.detknowitall could make a wolverine purr.detknowitall could make a wolverine purr.detknowitall could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score
Quote:
Originally Posted by detknowitall
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
could Rex Grossman?
Owned.

I hate to jump into this incredibly thrilling argument, but for the sake of pissing off a lions fan, im pretty sure even the oft-injured rex grossman is a much more reliable QB then any the lions have produced recently.
Ill argue that one when Rex has more of a career for a basis to draw from.
detknowitall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 12:14 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Favre threw 0 in two games combined last season vs the Lions. Bledsoe threw none. Roethlisberger threw none.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 12:35 AM    (permalink
D4rk 0ne
Veteran

D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Ignoring the Orton-Grossman debate...

I think it should not be the same game every year. I think they should just choose a game with a good story, liek someone else said. eg Patriots-Cowboys (Parcells...) or Green Bay-San Fran (Battle of the Bays; they used to be dominating forces until the 2000s :|).
Old 08-09-2006, 01:19 AM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I enjoyed watching peyton manning put up 6 TD's against the Lions
Almost word for word what I was going to post.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 02:43 PM    (permalink
HokiesSkins2621
Rookie

HokiesSkins2621 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

That would be so boring...watching a good defense go againts a sorry offense and the team with the good defense has a horrible offense.

The score would be like 9 to 15.

Washington Redskins Mock Draft:
Round 1: Micheal Oher/OT/Ole Miss
Round 3: Paul Kruger/DE/Utah
Round 5: Marcus Freeman/LB/Ohio State
Round 6: Graham Gano/K/Florida State
Round 7: Maurice Miller/OG/Ole Miss
Snyder, get me Gano!
HokiesSkins2621 is offline   Reply With Quote