Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

Old 04-17-2007, 01:12 PM    (permalink
jbombul
Rookie

jbombul hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.jbombul hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default rogers works out for the giants

http://blog.mlive.com/highlightreel/...out_for_g.html

Charles Rogers works out for Giants
Posted by Bill Emkow April 15, 2007 15:02PM
Trying to keep up with former Lions first round picks who don't pan out? It's a tough job following so many. Fortunately, we do get an update on Charles Rogers.

April 13, NJ.com: Former Lions WR Charles Rogers is visiting the Giants today. The troubled former No. 2 overall pick was out of the league all last season after being cut by Detroit in early September. His three-year stint with the Lions included two broken collarbones and a suspension for violating the league's substance-abuse policy.

It's unclear at this point if the Giants are simply doing their due diligence or planning on offering Rogers a contract. I guess it all depends on how well he works out today. If he runs a 4.8 40-yard dash (as he reportedly did during a recent workout with the Chiefs), I doubt the Giants will start clearing a locker for him. And even if he scorches the FieldTurf, I wouldn't expect an offer much higher than a 1-year minimum contract.

i think if he can work out well and get himself a contract, state fans will be obligated to watch every single lions game this year (Burress and Rogers)
jbombul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 04:16 PM    (permalink
asmitty45
Veteran

asmitty45 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

you mean every single Giants game? and yes i will, thatll be mt favorite tandem bar none

fenikz

"Pride comes before the fall" - Mark Dantonio

35-21
asmitty45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 05:07 PM    (permalink
dreadedluck

A mininum contract for sure, with possible incentives if he gets signed. If he is serious, which would be a first in a while, he could regain his quickness and route running abilities, but huge ifs, got to feel sorry for him if he never got hurt he probaly would have been an average wideout helping a team but his attitude matches his recreational habits.
Old 04-17-2007, 05:43 PM    (permalink
Thomas7399

Good for CRog....I hope he finds a niche with the Giants
Old 04-18-2007, 02:44 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas7399 View Post
Good for CRog....I hope he finds a niche with the Giants
I have a hard time sypmathizing with a guy who set the Lions franchise back five years single-handidly. Besides... he ran a 4.8 in Kansas and the article says he'll get a one-year deal IF he scorches the turf.

Even if he does... it's C-Rog.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 03:36 AM    (permalink
reinar
Rookie

reinar hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I wouldnt so much say that he set our franchise back, I mean 2 broken collar bones pretty much sealed that deal.

Millen was in charge, or at least stood there when the rocks flew. He could ahve drafted someone else. he didnt.
Old 04-18-2007, 06:59 AM    (permalink
detknowitall
Veteran

detknowitall could make a wolverine purr.detknowitall could make a wolverine purr.detknowitall could make a wolverine purr.detknowitall could make a wolverine purr.detknowitall could make a wolverine purr.detknowitall could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post
I have a hard time sypmathizing with a guy who set the Lions franchise back five years single-handidly. Besides... he ran a 4.8 in Kansas and the article says he'll get a one-year deal IF he scorches the turf.

Even if he does... it's C-Rog.
The only way that guy scorches the turf is if he drops his blunt.
detknowitall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 07:05 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by detknowitall View Post
or the zippo he uses to light his pot.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 12:23 PM    (permalink
jbombul
Rookie

jbombul hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.jbombul hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by detknowitall View Post
haha positive rep for that one
jbombul is offline   Reply With Quote