Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-09-2006, 07:54 AM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace
Don't the Jets already have a ton of picks in next year's draft?

I still think that they will trade for Chris Brown. I've been saying that ever since he asked to be traded and I'm sticking to it.
He stated that he didn't want to be traded :?
he did but if his agent finds him a willing team hell go because he told his agent too do whats best for him
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 08:40 AM    (permalink
Zim3031
Pro Bowler

Zim3031 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I say they trade for a runningback and pending his age and performance draft one also.
Zim3031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 01:44 PM    (permalink
tishdog
Rookie

tishdog hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i think that if we could get jones or brown for anything less than a 5th or 6th rounder we should do a trade. And if we were to draft an RB next year, I would love to use a 2nd rounder on brian leonard.
Old 08-09-2006, 03:34 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thoughts on the Jets' RB situation:

Stick with the backs I have for 2006. I think Cedric Houston can play if he actually has an OL in front of him, Derrick Blaylock is an experienced veteran and is finally healthy, and the team just drafted a promising back in Leon Washington. Of course, it's even better if a refreshed Curtis Martin can return for the second half of the season from the PUP list to eventually personally pass the torch in the 2007 offseason.

Thomas Jones
Jones is not only the single trade I would actually consider, but he's a perfect fit for the team. The Bears might wait until after the 2006 season to trade him considering depth concerns, but Jones is an experienced veteran who can start as soon as he's signed to a long-term deal (necessary following the trade), be it in 2006 or 2007; I'm going forward with the expectation that the incomparable Curtis Martin doesn't play in 2007.

If I don't pull the trigger on Thomas Jones, should the Bears ask for too much or what, 2007 offers ample talent at RB. Be it the draft, headlined by the foursome of Michael Bush, Kenny Irons, Marshawn Lynch, and Adrian Peterson, or the free agency period headlined by Tiki Barber (should he not stay with the other NY team) and Michael "The Burner" Turner out of San Diego. Of course, that's assuming that one of the current Jets RBs doesn't show franchise back potential.

On a side note, to those who were wondering why the Indianapolis Colts couldn't wait to draft Joseph Addai when they could on draft day and not trade down for "perceived" value, here's just one of many. Of course, I wouldn't be surprised if it becomes even more obvious once he takes the field just like other 1st round picks under GM/President Bill Polian.
Old 08-09-2006, 10:54 PM    (permalink
no love
Veteran

no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.

For those of you who want to wait a year for you running back does that basically mean that you are willing to forfeit this year and sit through some terrible losses. Bc lets face it... if those inexperienced guys falter who are you going to turn to? Chad Pennington and his noodle arm? I ask this because this was the same thing that happened to the Niners a couple years back, their running game faltered and all they had to turn to was Tim Rattay who was also injury prone like Pennington, he got injured and you know the rest.
no love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 11:19 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And what's the better option? Giving up valuable draft picks for one-year rentals when you're not going to be in playoff contention?

Better to grind it out with the talented but unproven core you already have, and get the added benefit of seeing what they are capable of before having to decide on a franchise back in 2007.
Geo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 12:18 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They should inquire about Mike Turner, Kevan Barlow, Thomas Jones, or Maurice Morris. Thye better get someone soon.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 12:26 AM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I liked Houston, and really liked what I saw from Leon Washington. But AP is a Jet fo sho

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?
bearfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 12:29 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tishdog
i think that if we could get jones or brown for anything less than a 5th or 6th rounder we should do a trade. And if we were to draft an RB next year, I would love to use a 2nd rounder on brian leonard.
Brian Leonard will not be a starting RB at the next level. He'll play FB and be a situational RB most likely. He is very similar to a former player of yours, Richie Anderson, he just has more power and a bigger frame.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 08:35 AM    (permalink

i said draft. but i just realized that they should trade for labrandon toefield from the Jags. I here he's been having a great camp, and is looking great, but the jags are 1 over on runningbacks and he's looking like the odd man out. they'll look to trade him before it comes to this. So I wouldnt be suprised if he ended up in NY.
Old 08-10-2006, 11:01 AM    (permalink
tishdog
Rookie

tishdog hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tishdog
Brian Leonard will not be a starting RB at the next level. He'll play FB and be a situational RB most likely. He is very similar to a former player of yours, Richie Anderson, he just has more power and a bigger frame.
BJ Askew isn't the best FB out their either. It would never hurt to take Leonard if hes somehow there in the 3rd.