Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Oakland Raiders Team Forum

Oakland Raiders Team Forum Discuss the Raiders

Old 04-17-2007, 07:03 PM    (permalink
Windy
All-Pro

Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.
Default Quinn in Alameda

http://ibabuzz.com/raidersblog/

I still wouldn't mind him, especially if we trade down.
Windy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 07:21 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

would love to get him if we trade down

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 07:44 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would hate the selection #1 overall, but I wouldn't mind it at #4 or lower.
Old 04-17-2007, 09:49 PM    (permalink
raidersfanxxx
Rookie

raidersfanxxx hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

it would be a great move if we could do that

sig by Eaglez.Fan
raidersfanxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 10:15 PM    (permalink
locseti
Veteran

locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is what I'm calling the best case scenario.
locseti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 10:24 PM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It would be a brilliant move for the Raiders if they traded down and were able to get him. The guy is a stud, as he played with a horrific OL his entire career. He didn't have great talent around him, and that's what he'd be getting at Oakland, apart from Moss. JR may have been a product of the great players around him, and Quinn may be a better fit for the hybrid WCO. I don't think you can go wrong with Quinn, and a couple extra draft picks, hell, he might even go #1 overall if they want him that badly.
Old 04-18-2007, 09:25 AM    (permalink
TRJ997
Rookie

TRJ997 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Detroit definitely isn't trading up, and I doubt Cleveland would either with JR, Quinn, or AD being available when they pick. That leaves TB trading up for CJ. What kind of deal could be struck that would be acceptable to both sides?

According to the chart TB would have to give their 1st, 2a, 2b, 3rd, and 4th rounders to make the trade equal. Obviously that isn't happening, so how little would Oakland be willing to accept? I have a hard time believing that TB would even give up their 1st and both 2nds (for a WR), which would be the bare minimum Oakland would consider. Oakland trading down is extremely unlikely, imo.
TRJ997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 10:40 AM    (permalink
661rep
Rookie

661rep hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I don't like Quinn at #1... however I like the idea of trading down and getting some extra picks and then selecting Quinn.
661rep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 12:25 PM    (permalink
Komp
Veteran

Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.

Yah I think everyone would be happy with Quinn at #4. I think he is a better prospect than Leinart was last year. I really have no idea how high we are on JR in comparison to Quinn. Our staff is doing a good job not showing their hand right now. I really think they want to trade down.

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.
Komp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 02:42 PM    (permalink
NotoRussell
Rookie

NotoRussell hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

yeah, trade down to 4th and draft Peterson or Thomas, because all the other players were already gone.CJ to Tamba, JR to Lions and BQ to Browns. that's a horrible scenario!
Old 04-19-2007, 08:44 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotoRussell View Post
JR to Lions
no way they take JR, adams or trade down

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

Old 04-19-2007, 08:51 PM    (permalink
mhuff21

that's why you draft Calvin Johnson and then trade for a package that you like ala the Chargers with Eli Manning.
Old 04-20-2007, 02:38 PM    (permalink
andre patton

Yeah I think no matter what we PLAN on doing, we should draft CJ #1. If we want Russell or Quinn, we should get them at #4 and trade down so we can get a couple of 2nd round draft picks.

Otherwise, we just keep CJ.
Old 04-20-2007, 03:40 PM    (permalink
NotoRussell
Rookie

I'm for keeping and trading Moss away in order to get more cap room
Old 04-20-2007, 03:44 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotoRussell View Post
I'm for keeping and trading Moss away in order to get more cap room
that would be best case cenerio IMO. get rid of a cancer and get some cap space and draft a playmaker who looks to be a top 5 wr is 3 years

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

Old 04-20-2007, 03:53 PM    (permalink
NotoRussell
Rookie

the new coaching staff is planning with new players and are ready to trade Moss and Porter away if the offer for them is OK.
Old 04-20-2007, 10:14 PM    (permalink
raiderfan_89
Pro Bowler

raiderfan_89 is a cocksman.raiderfan_89 is a cocksman.raiderfan_89 is a cocksman.

I would actually rather take quinn with the 1st overall pick.I don't want to get a QB who's positive attributes and reasons for being good in college who may not have those things in the NFL.With Brady I know we would take someone who can go to the pro bowl multiple times and can take is to the top as soon as possible. I don't want to wait for this overgrown kid to actually grow mentally. It will take Russel atleast 2 yrs at most. With our sketchy o-line we don't have that time. Ourbackfield and O-line have to gel immediately in order for both to accel. I mean, I know we are talking to CJ and Russell about getting their deals done but they are making a big mistake by not looking at their other options. If we take Quinn in the first we can take Kalil in the 2nd and marcus thomas in the 3rd.