Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-18-2007, 11:01 AM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Make the Bengals dis ban

Thank you Lebron James, you are truly a King Among Men.

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

I remember Marshawn Lynch
DeathbyStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 11:38 AM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Goodell does this, then i don't really mind at all what he gave Pacman, i was worry he wasn't going to continue this strict policy and just was trying to make a point with pacman and was going to back down. But now he is showing that you can get suspended for DUI and other crap, but on the other note.......there goes half of some NFL rosters.....LOL

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 11:41 AM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
That's why the Law is there.
The Law never does anything for the rich people, celebs, and athletes. If the Law isn't going to do anything, the NFL should.

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 11:47 AM    (permalink
tEk
Veteran

tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjs View Post
The Law never does anything for the rich people, celebs, and athletes. If the Law isn't going to do anything, the NFL should.
thats ok but the nfl should at least have a trial too. i mean if they will not be convicted then they are innocent. but the nfl should have their own way of testing the prosecutor legitimacy. although i know thats double jeopardy but w/e.

Hitman D
tEk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 12:14 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wogitalia View Post
Thats rubbish. I've had mates get in a fight before and I didnt get fired or suspended for a year. I can get a DUI and as long as I can still get to work I would be fine. In fact, should a business fire you for something like that you would probably have grounds for legal action(obviously would depend on the job, a cop for instance would be gone, an accountant however would be fine).
I don't think porter should be suspended for fighting, but Pacman, Henry, & Allen would all be fired on the spot if i was thier boss(maybe i would just suspend Allen)

you being unrealistic if you think that your personal life doesnt affect your buisness

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 01:13 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm actually shocked by the sentiments in this thread that people still are willing to put the game above all else. I mean these incidents are becoming more and more serious and yet fans still want their players playing despite these things. Where are all the fans that wanted Ray Lewis out of the league for his role in the Atlanta crime, or Jamal Lewis cast aside because of his role in drug trafficking, or the backlash against the Bengals? Everyone is quick to bad mouth Pacman Jones for his behavior but what if it was a Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, or even the great Brett Favre, who had his addiction to pain killers and yet the masses didn't rally around throwing him out of the league, had all these scruffs with the law would you still call for their suspension or expulsion? Not to mention that the media has a huge role in this whole scenario as well, they always thrust the bad of sports to the forefront while the good is almost never covered. For all the bad press about the Bengals this past year, you never heard of a story about players that didn't get into trouble or about their community involvement. The media in the US has become dominated by the tabloid obsession where the only good news is bad news and America eats it up. But they are still willing to let things slide as long as you can "ball".

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 10:29 AM    (permalink
portermvp84
Pro Bowler

portermvp84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Another future suspension I could see is DR. He's already had a DUI this year and her got off scot free. If he does it again, I'm sure we'll see a suspension.

Thanks to jackalope
portermvp84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 11:56 AM    (permalink
frogstomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by tEk View Post
thats ok but the nfl should at least have a trial too. i mean if they will not be convicted then they are innocent. but the nfl should have their own way of testing the prosecutor legitimacy. although i know thats double jeopardy but w/e.

Goodell is the trial. If he finds you guilty and suspends you, you're screwed. A trial would be a waste of time, especially since everyone knows already whether the person is guilty, they just need to decide the punishment.

As for "you're taking away from the game" comments, please shut the hell up. That's completely idiotic. How is some idiot repeatedly drinking and driving *good* for the game? Especially if he gets on the field and everyone talks about how great he is, and make him out to be a role model for kids?
Old 04-19-2007, 11:58 AM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Cedric Griffin is suspended, I'm going to be pissed.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 11:59 AM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
If Cedric Griffin is suspended, I'm going to be pissed.
what did cedric griffin do??

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig
terribletowel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 12:29 PM    (permalink
iGAMEFACE

Personally I believe player's, depending on their act, deserve one shot. I would say a minimal fine for a first DUI arrest/conviction, but a second warrants a significant fine and significant suspension.

Let's be honest, people make mistakes, nobody is perfect. The issue with a lot of people, not just in the NFL, is that they don't learn from their mistakes. One DUI is not fine by any means, but it likely was a momentarily lapse in judgement. A second, third, etc DUI shows a pattern of illegal and unfavorable behavior.
Old 04-19-2007, 12:53 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terribletowel39 View Post
what did cedric griffin do??
He got kicked out of club because he wouldn't pull his pants up.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 03:56 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
He got kicked out of club because he wouldn't pull his pants up.
what a dumbhass. was it really hard for him to not pull his pants up?? is he such a gangster that he has to try and strangle his knee caps?? i am a cedric griffin fan, but that almost makes me want him to get in trouble. he had the choice to rectify the situation and to be that damn hardheaded?? sagging in general annoys the piss out of me.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig
terribletowel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 02:29 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Figured I'd give this a bump with the news of Jared Allen's suspension, which is mentioned in the first post.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

Old 04-27-2007, 02:43 PM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Location: Oh please give me a good reputation. I'm so concerned with what you think about me!
ricky bobby hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Michael Vick
ricky bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 03:01 PM    (permalink
frogstomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky bobby View Post
Michael Vick
Who has done nothing wrong yet. He won't get suspended for being the family member of someone who screwed up, and to even think he would is... well... the sign of someone who is around your level of intelligence.
Old 04-27-2007, 03:07 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Michael Vick
The hatred Michael Vick warrants is ridiculous. For one thing I don't recall any instances in which he was arrested or charged with a crime, not to mention his work with communities in the Atlanta area are commendable. People are trying to bring down a good player just for blind hatred and is sickening.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:

Old 04-27-2007, 03:13 PM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Location: Oh please give me a good reputation. I'm so concerned with what you think about me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogstomp View Post
Who has done nothing wrong yet. He won't get suspended for being the family member of someone who screwed up, and to even think he would is... well... the sign of someone who is around your level of intelligence.
Yes he has done something wrong. His poor judgement is what is wrong. It's not just a coincidence that Vick has made tons of negative headlines, and that is unacceptable for someone who is the face of a franchise and a role model for kids. After all that has transpired over the past year with Vick, he'll be suspended for 4 games. Once he is linked (and he will be) to dog fighting, he'll be suspended for a year.

PS - How can you question my intelligence after I owned you in the last thread? Next time you make an ignorant stance, make sure i'm not around, or i'll own you agian.
Old 04-27-2007, 03:16 PM    (permalink
frogstomp

Quote:
Yes he has done something wrong. His poor judgement is what is wrong. It's not just a coincidence that Vick has made tons of negative headlines, and that is unacceptable for someone who is the face of a franchise and a role model for kids. After all that has transpired over the past year with Vick, he'll be suspended for 4 games. Once he is linked (and he will be) to dog fighting, he'll be suspended for a year.

PS - How can you question my intelligence after I owned you in the last thread? Next time you make an ignorant stance, make sure i'm not around, or i'll own you agian.

Tons? You mean four, including this one? If four is tons to you, then you must be tons of years old.

As for you owning me, where was this? Seeing as most of your posts are incoherent babbling, it's hard to tell what you're saying. Perhaps if you removed your head from your ass and looked at the keyboard while you typed, it would make sense.
Old 04-27-2007, 03:22 PM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogstomp View Post
Tons? You mean four, including this one? If four is tons to you, then you must be tons of years old.

As for you owning me, where was this? Seeing as most of your posts are incoherent babbling, it's hard to tell what you're saying. Perhaps if you removed your head from your ass and looked at the keyboard while you typed, it would make sense.
Well, you still haven't given me a decent response.

Then, big bad internet bully (frogstomp) tries to insult me by posting incest material, which begs the question; What really goes on inside your demented head. I take the high road and try to not insult you back. But hey, if you want to settle this like a man, rather than a little b**ch, feel free to send me a message indicating when and where.
Old 04-27-2007, 03:34 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Well, you still haven't given me a decent response.

Then, big bad internet bully (frogstomp) tries to insult me by posting incest material, which begs the question; What really goes on inside your demented head. I take the high road and try to not insult you back. But hey, if you want to settle this like a man, rather than a little b**ch, feel free to send me a message indicating when and where.
Wait you're taking the high road after making threats 2 posts back? When you look in the mirror are you happy at what you see?

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:

Old 04-27-2007, 03:36 PM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDawg819 View Post
Wait you're taking the high road after making threats 2 posts back? When you look in the mirror are you happy at what you see?
Thanks Dr. Phil

You weren't involved in the other discussion, so you wouldn't know what went on.
Old 04-27-2007, 03:39 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Thanks Dr. Phil

You weren't involved in the other discussion, so you wouldn't know what went on.
True I wasn't involved in the other discussion but I'm well aware of this discussion and frankly you don't come off looking to well in this one sir.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:

Old 04-27-2007, 03:45 PM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDawg819 View Post
True I wasn't involved in the other discussion but I'm well aware of this discussion and frankly you don't come off looking to well in this one sir.
I don't like ignorant people, and my stubborn nature forces me to try to knock some common sense into them, regardless of how thick their skull is. His arguement was pathetic. Now he has the audacity to question my intelligence?

You're right though. I need to get off-line and relax before the moron drags me down with him.
Old 04-27-2007, 03:58 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
I don't like ignorant people, and my stubborn nature forces me to try to knock some common sense into them, regardless of how thick their skull is. His arguement was pathetic. Now he has the audacity to question my intelligence?

You're right though. I need to get off-line and relax before the moron drags me down with him.
http://i11.tinypic.com/2wbuc7o.jpg

Yup, thank you.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote