Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 04-18-2007, 12:51 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default NT Walter Thomas

Since I haven't seen his name pop up, I thought I'd bring his name into the conversation. Todd McShay has us taking him in his latest mock, and since I didn't know who that was, I did some research. I came away very intrigued and highly interested in him. At a hulky 6-5, 370 muscular build, he's someone I will start hoping for. Any else wanna hop on board?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...yhoo&type=lgns

NW Mississippi CC defensive tackle Walter Thomas
If you ever wanted to know how to make 100 NFL scouts raise their eyebrows, set loose an unknown, 370-plus pound defensive tackle such as Thomas in late January. Thomas was highly recruited out of high school by most schools in the Big 12, and picked Oklahoma State where he stayed for just over a year before having academic issues.

Thomas ended up at the JC level and thanks to him being a native of Galveston, Texas found his way into the Texas vs. the Nation All-Star Classic. He punished opposing defenders in one-on-one drills, using sheer strength, quickness off the ball and impressive balance for an athlete of his size. Thomas was also a sponge when it came to listening and taking to the coaching he received during the week.

His recent workout numbers wowed even the most hardened scout as he measured in at nearly 6-5, 373 pounds; ran between 5.11 and 5.20 in the 40; has 33 bench reps of 225 pounds; and had 11-inch hands. Players of his size and agility just do not come along often enough for teams to pass on him once the fifth round starts in spite of his limited game film, exposure to big-time competition and raw technique. Just think about this tidbit for a moment: he ran 1.70 in the first 10 yards of his 40. In comparison, one of USC wide receiver Dwayne Jarrett's 10-yard splits was 1.65 and Thomas weighs over 150 pounds more than Jarrett.

D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 12:58 AM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've loved him since Sig Bloom introduced him here on the site.
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 01:15 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward View Post
I've loved him since Sig Bloom introduced him here on the site.
What'd he have to say about him? Has he seen him play before? Coverage on him is hard to find.
Old 04-18-2007, 01:32 AM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
What'd he have to say about him? Has he seen him play before? Coverage on him is hard to find.
Sig covered the Texas vs The Nation game for some other site (he had permission from Scott to post his results). He said Thomas has a spin move you have to see to believe, among other things. I'll try and find some quotes.
Old 04-18-2007, 02:06 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Sig covered the Texas vs The Nation game for some other site (he had permission from Scott to post his results). He said Thomas has a spin move you have to see to believe, among other things. I'll try and find some quotes.
Man, the more I hear about this guy, the more excited I get. I hear he's as dumb as a rock, but NTs have to be dense to wanna play the position. LOL! I see some good potential in him.
Old 04-18-2007, 02:31 AM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Man, the more I hear about this guy, the more excited I get. I hear he's as dumb as a rock, but NTs have to be dense to wanna play the position. LOL! I see some good potential in him.
We can't afford NOT to draft him going off our current NT depth. We did just sign Montavious Stanley to a one year deal, but I doubt he makes the roster (again).
Old 04-18-2007, 08:54 AM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

robert_in_bigd hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Somewhere in this draft we need a NT and QB badly. Interesting prospect.

Still think Thomas from FL is a great pick later in the draft. Tyler in the second would be nice and seems possible.

AS WITH ALL NT, it will take some time for them to learn and bulk up. NT/DT is almost impossible to be any good till year 3. DT, 1 Gap maybe 2nd year.
robert_in_bigd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 09:41 AM    (permalink
LSUALUM99
Veteran

LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've heard about this guy from a few different places. www.theboysblog.com had a piece on him a little while back. No one seems to have ever seen him play in college, but his measurables are mind blowing.

I wouildn't even wait until the 5th round, I think this is a guy we could / should go after in the 4th if it guarantees we could get him.

On a side note, I hope he is dumb. It makes me feel better to believe that God wouldn't give someone that much athletic ability AND smarts, it just wouldn't seem fair (tounge in cheek comment).

Designs by Thule

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
I just wanna warn you guys not to take TNew41 too seriously. He's....let's just say, special. He's fairly harmless, though. He just needs several years of seasoning before he tries to make any more points, is all.
LSUALUM99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 09:46 AM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

So let us say this guy is a 4th round target and we know we need a NT ..... reasoning backwards ..... what do you do rounds 1 to 3?
Old 04-18-2007, 10:34 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert_in_bigd View Post
So let us say this guy is a 4th round target and we know we need a NT ..... reasoning backwards ..... what do you do rounds 1 to 3?
In no particular order.

G or T
WR
OLB

Possibly even CB.

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 11:05 AM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We cant draft that thing!!!!They dont make a uniform that big! hahaha
HEISMANHERSCHEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 11:07 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was misinformed when it came to this guy. I've seen nearly every player play in this draft but, I've never had the opportinity to see him, so naturally, i've gone by word of mouth. I remember a couple of months ago... people were saying he would have pretty eye-popping measurables but, he was just way too raw and would likely not get drafted. Now, it seems as though he has just sky rocketed up the boards recently... Mel Kiper was talking about him a few days ago... he's heard that a number of teams have shown interest in the 4th. The former Oklahoma State prospect is quite the freak... i guess i wouldnt mind spending a 4th on him... couldnt be any worse than last year's 4th round selection.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 11:12 AM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Cowboys fans unite!
Old 04-18-2007, 11:16 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Cowboys fans unite!
Can you imagine lining up against that in a community college football game. Damn.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 11:26 AM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am uniting!!!!!!!!!!I wanna draft the green mile, too!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-18-2007, 11:26 AM    (permalink
therock6000
Veteran

therock6000 could make a wolverine purr.therock6000 could make a wolverine purr.therock6000 could make a wolverine purr.therock6000 could make a wolverine purr.therock6000 could make a wolverine purr.therock6000 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
I was misinformed when it came to this guy. I've seen nearly every player play in this draft but, I've never had the opportinity to see him, so naturally, i've gone by word of mouth. I remember a couple of months ago... people were saying he would have pretty eye-popping measurables but, he was just way too raw and would likely not get drafted. Now, it seems as though he has just sky rocketed up the boards recently... Mel Kiper was talking about him a few days ago... he's heard that a number of teams have shown interest in the 4th. The former Oklahoma State prospect is quite the freak... i guess i wouldnt mind spending a 4th on him... couldnt be any worse than last year's 4th round selection.
absolutely dead on about that...

I had a dream that Brady Quinn was rollin' with Omarosa in a 1987 LeSabre
therock6000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 11:32 AM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

Please dontbring up Skyler. I was really disappointed with him.
Old 04-18-2007, 11:36 AM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

Funny on last year's draft but I would never draft "for need" in rounds 4 to 7 for anything other than Kicker or Punter.

Always draft talent rounds 4 - 7. Use Rounds 1 - 3 for need b/c those guys can likely contribute against that "need."

Skyler was a "need" pick who just was not very talented.
Old 04-18-2007, 11:41 AM    (permalink
Dcboys94

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert_in_bigd View Post
Funny on last year's draft but I would never draft "for need" in rounds 4 to 7 for anything other than Kicker or Punter.

Always draft talent rounds 4 - 7. Use Rounds 1 - 3 for need b/c those guys can likely contribute against that "need."

Skyler was a "need" pick who just was not very talented.
skyler was very talented, very, but some picks just dont work out, not enough drive.

Walter Thomas looks like the big black guy from the longest yard...he's pretty scary.
Old 04-18-2007, 12:02 PM    (permalink
Im_a_Romosexual
Pro Bowler

Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

I would love for us to pick him up. He can learn for a few years and eventually replace Fergy
Im_a_Romosexual is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 12:17 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcboys94 View Post
skyler was very talented, very, but some picks just dont work out, not enough drive.

Walter Thomas looks like the big black guy from the longest yard...he's pretty scary.
Old 04-18-2007, 12:56 PM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

Ok, so which one is him? They dont look like the same person.

I am gussine it is the one at the track.
Old 04-18-2007, 12:57 PM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

D-Unit, can you make a sig for the official Walter Thomas bandwagon? :D

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 01:05 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEISMANHERSCHEL View Post
Ok, so which one is him? They dont look like the same person.

I am gussine it is the one at the track.
The second one is Bob Sapp.
Old 04-18-2007, 01:42 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm mildly intrigued anything outside of the first day that makes the team is gravy.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote