Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum

Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum Discuss the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Old 04-18-2007, 11:48 AM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Chances of Jamal Anderson...being the pick

What are the chances of Jamal Anderson...being our pick in the first round? If he is the pick i'll be very excited

Thank you Lebron James, you are truly a King Among Men.

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

I remember Marshawn Lynch
DeathbyStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 12:30 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

honestly the more mocks ive been seeing lately have him falling past us... i cant see us passing on him so, i would say a 75% chance
mikehop05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 12:35 PM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Should i be excited...I'll be so pissed if we don't get him now....after the Santonio pick last year I don't think my sanity can take it.

But I was looking at stats the other day and I know stats aren't the whole story but Holmes had over 800 yards recieving not too shabby. I was even more pissed that they didn't have the for sight to see the obsurd greatess of this years draft class.

I'd match rather have Bowe then Holmes

Mike Tirico

Old 04-18-2007, 12:47 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

me too but theres no way they could know that the juniors would all declare -- CJ, Rice, Meachem, Ginn, and that Bowe would have the amazing year that he did

also i dont think they thought last year that they would besitting at pick#15... they were prolly thinkin higher 20's at least, i know i was

at first the holmes pick was a head scratcher for me, but he played well this year, i think he earned his #25 pick of the draft
Old 04-18-2007, 12:56 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathbyStat View Post
Should i be excited...I'll be so pissed if we don't get him now....after the Santonio pick last year I don't think my sanity can take it.

But I was looking at stats the other day and I know stats aren't the whole story but Holmes had over 800 yards recieving not too shabby. I was even more pissed that they didn't have the for sight to see the obsurd greatess of this years draft class.

I'd match rather have Bowe then Holmes
I wouldn't... Holmes is more proven as a WR. We have a Physical #1, we didn't have a big play #2... we got Holmes.. Enough said. I'd be more worried about a #3 with Potential to #1 or #2 in a few years (Hill/Rice) Because frankly, Holmes didn't start until late in the season, and even then he was solid when Ben wasn't being raped. If Holmes was with us in 2005, I don't doubt he would've been better than El and gave us a second receiver with 1,000 Yards.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 01:12 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
What are the chances of Jamal Anderson...being our pick in the first round? If he is the pick i'll be very excited
Teams to be scared by:

#6 Washington: Their DL is the obvious choice of concern, but I can see them trading down with someone like Buffalo. Washington can pick up Guys like Revis, Branch or Anderson.. I Think Revis and Branch make more sense.. but Dan Snyder isn't exactly one for being intelligent like that

#11 San Francisco: After getting Banta-Cain and Lawson(06 draft) I think Anderson would be a waste in SF. They have 2 young OLB's, and Brandon Moore. I can see them going 3 Directions here.

WR - they need more weapons for Alex Smith.

DE - Jamaal Anderson isn't a 3-4 DE and his weaknesses would be exploited. Alan Branch or Adam Carriker here.

MLB - Brandon Moore shifts inside and will show more ability as he isn't a passrusher. Patrick Willis could be the pick here as they have a weak secondary (Even with Clements, Harris and Lewis), they could drop him in coverage and not let his weakness be exploited (Taking on blockers and stopping the run)

#13 St. Louis: Here's who scares me the most. They need DL Help, WR Help, CB Help and LB Help.

DL: I Think a Run stuffer like Branch/Carriker is more fitting of their needs, They have Little, Adeyanju, and James Hall. They only have Laroi Glover and a young inexperienced Claude Wroten. If they Go DL... I think it's a DT Amobi Okoye, Adam Carriker, Alan Branch.

WR: They signed Bennett, but he's nothing special frankly. Isaac Bruce is due to retire or collect Social Security at any time and Tory Holt can only play so many more seasons at his level. Ted Ginn, once taught to be a WR would be a monster for the domed Turf team.

CB: Here's where I think they go. They have Tye Hill, and Fakhir brown. They signed Mike Rumph, but even before Washington Let him go they were eyeing up CB's. I think getting a Leon Hall here helps them as he's a solid #2.

LB: Chillar isn't anything special, Witherspoon is the only player in the LB core to be excited about, and Coakley is entering his 12th season. Not to mention their only LB signing is 1 year younger than Coakley and only provides depth. Unless Jon Alston steps it up, you could be surprised with a Jon Beason pick here.

Old 04-18-2007, 01:52 PM    (permalink
steel man
DC GFX Team
Veteran

steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the holmes pick does not bother me, what bothers me is trading up to get him when we did not have to. we lost some picks that could have got us a good player, but as far as holmes goes he is good and he is a WHOLE lot better then wilson and el so we upgrade and that is the goal in the draft.

Matthew 19:26
Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but With God ALL things are possible
steel man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 02:00 PM    (permalink
steel man
DC GFX Team
Veteran

steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

as for anderson the only thing that worries me is if he is not a 3-4 DE then does he really have the speed and cover skills to be an OLB and has he ever played OLB and if not and there will be a learning curve anyway then i would rather have Timmons because that is the only cut on him is that he is raw, so if they both take a couple of years to learn then get a true OLB. i think anderson's height will hurt him trying to rush the QB from the OLB position because the OL in the NFL is a lot quicker and stronger so they can get under him and stand him up and they are quick enough to keep him from going around them. the advantage to anderson and his height is a lot of balls knocked down and he can also play DE if we go to the 4-3 and a pure LB might be wasted becasue we will have enough LB'ers if we go to the 4-3(but IMO you can never have enough good players).

Matthew 19:26
Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but With God ALL things are possible
steel man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 02:11 PM    (permalink
Man_Of_Steel
Pro Bowler

Man_Of_Steel hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Anderson could potentially go as high as five and as low as 21. Hed be a great pick and i argue that a 6'5 288 pounds he could play 3-4 end even though hes more suited to the 4-3.
Man_Of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 02:16 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

3 - 4 end or OLB?

cuz frankly i could potentially see him playing both
Old 04-18-2007, 03:11 PM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
Teams to be scared by:

#6 Washington: Their DL is the obvious choice of concern, but I can see them trading down with someone like Buffalo. Washington can pick up Guys like Revis, Branch or Anderson.. I Think Revis and Branch make more sense.. but Dan Snyder isn't exactly one for being intelligent like that

#11 San Francisco: After getting Banta-Cain and Lawson(06 draft) I think Anderson would be a waste in SF. They have 2 young OLB's, and Brandon Moore. I can see them going 3 Directions here.

WR - they need more weapons for Alex Smith.

DE - Jamaal Anderson isn't a 3-4 DE and his weaknesses would be exploited. Alan Branch or Adam Carriker here.

MLB - Brandon Moore shifts inside and will show more ability as he isn't a passrusher. Patrick Willis could be the pick here as they have a weak secondary (Even with Clements, Harris and Lewis), they could drop him in coverage and not let his weakness be exploited (Taking on blockers and stopping the run)

#13 St. Louis: Here's who scares me the most. They need DL Help, WR Help, CB Help and LB Help.

DL: I Think a Run stuffer like Branch/Carriker is more fitting of their needs, They have Little, Adeyanju, and James Hall. They only have Laroi Glover and a young inexperienced Claude Wroten. If they Go DL... I think it's a DT Amobi Okoye, Adam Carriker, Alan Branch.

WR: They signed Bennett, but he's nothing special frankly. Isaac Bruce is due to retire or collect Social Security at any time and Tory Holt can only play so many more seasons at his level. Ted Ginn, once taught to be a WR would be a monster for the domed Turf team.

CB: Here's where I think they go. They have Tye Hill, and Fakhir brown. They signed Mike Rumph, but even before Washington Let him go they were eyeing up CB's. I think getting a Leon Hall here helps them as he's a solid #2.

LB: Chillar isn't anything special, Witherspoon is the only player in the LB core to be excited about, and Coakley is entering his 12th season. Not to mention their only LB signing is 1 year younger than Coakley and only provides depth. Unless Jon Alston steps it up, you could be surprised with a Jon Beason pick here.
I think Washington will grab Landry

I think the 49ers would take Branch, Carriker or Willis before Anderson

St Louis is a strong possiblity

Mike Tirico

Old 04-18-2007, 07:30 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Quote:
I think Washington will grab Landry

I think the 49ers would take Branch, Carriker or Willis before Anderson

St Louis is a strong possiblity
I can't see Washington taking a S... CB, DL are their issues and they only have 1 day 1 Pick. Landry could be the pick don't get me wrong.. But frankly... I see them going elsewhere.

Old 04-18-2007, 07:43 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

well the skins have smoot, springs, and rogers all to play CB... kind of a lot invested to go CB round 1 (esp. at 6)

DL is a strong possibility, other than that i see S being up there as well
Old 04-18-2007, 08:24 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikehop05 View Post
well the skins have smoot, springs, and rogers all to play CB... kind of a lot invested to go CB round 1 (esp. at 6)

DL is a strong possibility, other than that i see S being up there as well
Possible, but Smoot looked like a 3rd stringer in a cover 2 (Designed to have only marginal CB Talent...), Springs is old and becoming injury prone...

Rogers is all they have to rely on really.

Old 04-18-2007, 10:58 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

you gotta admit sean taylor and laron landry would be a hell ofa safety duo

prolly best in the nfl to the polomalu/smith combo we have ;)
Old 04-18-2007, 11:09 PM    (permalink
JayA55
Rookie

JayA55 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Anderson had a good interview on NFL Network today, he seems like a great guy. I'm still not completely on this bandwagon yet, but if it went down I wouldn't complain about it because he does seem like a "Steeler guy".
Old 04-19-2007, 12:12 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

honestly i really really want willis to be our pick. idk y but i really really like him. and im also jumpin on the ben grubbs bandwagon and hopefully we could move up in the second and pick him up.

i wont be mad with anderson but i really like willis and i know he coudl come in and make an impact. also i woul dlike timmons as well.
Old 04-19-2007, 01:07 AM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
honestly i really really want willis to be our pick. idk y but i really really like him. and im also jumpin on the ben grubbs bandwagon and hopefully we could move up in the second and pick him up.

i wont be mad with anderson but i really like willis and i know he coudl come in and make an impact. also i woul dlike timmons as well.
IMO, there's 2 types of MLB's. The chaser and the stuffer. Willis is a chaser. He did ok, but he's going to see Brian Leonards in the NFL and Leonard absolutely abused him in the Senior bowl.

If we go full-time 4-3, I want Willis. He's the perfect 4-3 MLB as he can do the deep middle coverage in a cover 2. However outside of that he doesn't provide me with anything exciting other than a 4.3 40.

I would love to get Grubbs, but I think there's not an ice cubes chance in hell we get him AND Anderson. IMO.

If I have to do it this way...

If I get my draft.. My initial outlook in 2008 would be ( A little preliminary but this is what I'm looking at). It may seem asinine as we see the Quentin Moses effect. But I do like looking a bit in the future and making sure that we're not going to screw up by really overdrafting when we can set ourselves up a bit. Now Assuming our 2007 draft is:

1) Jamaal Anderson
2) Justin Blalock
3) Jason Hill
4a) Zak DeOssie
4b) Antwan Barnes
5a) Jackie Battle
5b) Xzavie Jackson
6) Larry Anam
7) Jason Capizzi

My 2008 dream picks to add to this would be:

Round 1: Jasper Brinkley, MLB, South Carolina

We got DeOssie, but Brinkley has the potential to be ALL-PRO. He's a complete MLB. 4.5 speed at 6'2 258 lbs. I see him as possibly a better version of Ray Lewis. By next season he could be 6'2 260lbs and run a sub 4.5. He'll be the perfect replacement for Farrior. At that Time, You'd have:

Barnes, Anderson, Harrison, DeOssie -> Outside
Foote, Wallace, Brinkley, DeOssie -> Inside

With that I'd put Anderson at ROLB, DeOssie/Barnes/Harrison at LOLB, Foote at LILB, and Brinkley/DeOssie(For Brinkley's Rookie year) at RILB. That way Brinkley/DeOssie could help out Anderson (Better than Foote) and in obvious 3-4 Passing situations I'd have Brinkley/DeOssie at ILB.

Round 2: Andrew Crummey, OG, Maryland (Assuming Capizzi is deemed to have upside to LT.... Otherwise: Kirk Barton, LT, OSU)

Crummey is a tough as nails SOB. He's constantly adding Weight, still getting faster and has perfect size. 6'5 305lbs as of now, he hasn't missed a game since he first broke the starting lineup. He can play LG whereas, as much as I like both Blalock and Sears, I think they're career RG's.

In 2 years time... LT -> LG -> C -> RG -> RT

Jason Capizzi -> Andrew Crummey -> Sean Mahan -> Justin Blalock -> Willie Colon/Max Starks

Round 3: John Sullivan, OC, Notre Dame

I normally HATE ND players, but I love Sullivan. He reminds me of Dermontti Dawson so much. With most of our Defensive needs addressed in the 07 draft. We can look to add youth and talent to our Line (Where we need it). Sullivan is a natural center. He has solid size, is a very good lateral mover, and is very smart. Adding him and Crummey give us a young duo of interior lineman to go with the LT and RG/RT we drafted in 2007. It's nice to not have that many holes to fill. Again adding Youth and Talent to our oline will keep us from staying in the top 15 for the draft.

Round 4: Keilen Dykes, DT/DE, West Virginia

Here's another guy I've been following. Dykes is an extremely athletic DT. He's a penetrating type, but he's big/strong enough to hold the point. Perfect 3-4 DE prospect. At 6'4 297 lbs he is reported to be running in the 4.97 range. Bolsters a bit of depth and knocks Travis Kirschke off the roster.

Round 5: Owen Schmidt, FB, West Virginia

Ranked as the #2 FB right now (Don't know how) He doesn't have blazing speed, but he does have plenty experience blocking. Leading the way for the non-stop rushing of Steve Slaton and Pat White. He's a devoted player, quiet and I don't think you'd mistake him for Kreider, but you get a similar player (Who may even be stronger/faster than Kreider).

Round 6: Joey Haynos, TE, Maryland

This is his stock now, but he could really rise. He has incredible bulk/size 6'7 265 lbs. Why Haynos you ask? We want rid of Tuman and his hideous contract. Who better to take his blocking assignments than the TE that totally shut down Anthony Spencer 1-on-1 in his bowl game. This kid has solid size, speed and amazing power. You'll never mistake him for Vernon Davis, but Other teams Passrushers will despise this kid.

Round 7: Jameel McClain, DE/OLB, Syracuse

I watched Syracuse a lot this past season (for Tanard Jackson) and this kid is who stuck out. Because of his lack of size and Opponent Talent level he's ranked as a 7th rounder. IMO he's perfect for us. We too long ignored depth at OLB in the 3-4 and look at 2007, how it his us. Well adding a project every year or so from then on should save that blunder. He's 6'1 252lbs, and has a non-stop motor. In his Jr. season he had 69 Tackles, 14.5 TFL, 9.5 Sacks... he led the big east in sacks, and was ranked 11th in the nation with Sacks per game. I hoped he'd come out early in 07 for a steal, but I think he'll fly under the radar. He's not Dwight Freeney, but has reported a 4.70 40' and I know the passrushing presence he brings.

I think that would set us up for a hell of a few seasons under Tomlin.

If I was looking UDFA:

Casper Brinkley.. Jaspers brother.. 6'3 255lbs 4.68 40' could be a OLB project...
JoLonn Dunbar.. MLB but the dude has a no quit motor and just doesn't stop.
Alley Broussard.. could be the second coming of Jamal Anderson, size/power and speed.
Eugene Bright... another FA 34 OLB
Fred Bledsoe ... Possibly Uproot Hoke for backup NT.
Matt Castelo... Monster WLB for SJSU, but I'm looking at him as a backup SS.
Roland Minor ... UDFA CB to be a ST ace with upside to #2 at best.

Last edited by Mr. Stiller : 04-19-2007 at 01:41 AM.