Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 04-18-2007, 02:38 PM    (permalink
GiantRutgersFan
Veteran

GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 4-18 NFLDC Mock draft update

1- Paul Pozlunsky
2. Brian Leonard
3. James Marten

Oh man, that would be an amazing draft for us
Old 04-18-2007, 02:51 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hate it, except the Marten pick
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 03:51 PM    (permalink
moc182
All-Pro

moc182 is a cocksman.moc182 is a cocksman.moc182 is a cocksman.moc182 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post
Hate it, except the Marten pick

Exactly, first two picks are awful.

"A real man makes his own luck." Billy Zane, Titanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmitt Smith
Donít quit, donít even quit.
moc182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 04:08 PM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Location: Oh please give me a good reputation. I'm so concerned with what you think about me!
ricky bobby hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I like Poz and Marten but I hate Leonard in round 1. It has become trendy to put Leonard to the Giants in round 2 just because he is from Rutgers. Kiper is doing the same thing. What they don't realize is that we have absolutely no need for him, just like we have no need for Ted Ginn Jr (in regards to Number 10's latest mock draft).
ricky bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 05:10 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Don't see how anyone could a Poz selection. I could understand those that are upset with Leonard (I'd like it however) but Poz is what the doctor has ordered on D.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 05:13 PM    (permalink
moc182
All-Pro

moc182 is a cocksman.moc182 is a cocksman.moc182 is a cocksman.moc182 is a cocksman.

I would argue that you need to come away with something more than a slightly above average weakside linebacker with a first round pick, and I can't see Poslusny being anything more than that.

Quote:
Old 04-18-2007, 05:37 PM    (permalink
hugegmenfan
Pro Bowler

hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moc182 View Post
Exactly, first two picks are awful.
same its a horrible draft- absolutely abysmal i would cry

sig by jkpigskin

2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

2011 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
hugegmenfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 06:35 PM    (permalink
GiantRutgersFan
Veteran

GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow. the Poz haters need to check themselves. just about zero bust potential, and theres no reason to believe he cant be something special in the NFL.

Droughns is only on a 1 year contract right? If Jacobs works out, a Jacobs/Leonard tandem would be great. Leonard is a great pass catcher and has big play potential.

Not our biggest "need" per se, but why not? He's a hard worker and a dedicated team player. He has a low bust potential as well as the ability to instantly contribute, which I got to believe that Reese is looking for as a first year GM
Old 04-18-2007, 07:12 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

RD has a 3 year deal i believe
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 07:26 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't like Paul Pozlunsky I would rather have Paul Posluszny, but that is just me.
________
BLOWJOB VIDS

Last edited by OSUGiants17 : 05-10-2011 at 08:00 PM.
OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 08:00 PM    (permalink
moc182
All-Pro

Yea, he sure did have alot of tackles and undeservingly win some awards, what are we thinking.

Quote:
Old 04-18-2007, 08:04 PM    (permalink
hugegmenfan
Pro Bowler

hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantRutgersFan View Post
Wow. the Poz haters need to check themselves. just about zero bust potential, and theres no reason to believe he cant be something special in the NFL.

Droughns is only on a 1 year contract right? If Jacobs works out, a Jacobs/Leonard tandem would be great. Leonard is a great pass catcher and has big play potential.

Not our biggest "need" per se, but why not? He's a hard worker and a dedicated team player. He has a low bust potential as well as the ability to instantly contribute, which I got to believe that Reese is looking for as a first year GM
i dont mind poz- but not in the 1st round. that is in my opinion a reach at the 20th pick overall and most scouts have him dropping into the 2nd. Just because some people here may be high on him doesnt mean he is worthy of the 20th pick overall: hes slow, injury problems and is said to be best suited probably as an ILB in a 3-4 scheme. Guys like timmons, beason, chris houston, darelle revis, levi brown, and even staley who im not that hot on should all come before paul poz. Leonard is an awful pick. Im pretty sure droughns signed a 2 or 3 year deal with the giants. You are very biased when it comes to rutgers obviously but a 2nd round pick on a hb that would appear 3rd on our depth chart is insanity! HB should not be picked in my opinion until the 4th round: hopefully we can get lorenzo booker or chris henry there who are both fast and have great hands. Why do we need brian leonard who is slow and wouldnt add anything to the team that a a 4-5th round draft pick couldnt? Marten is a great pick in the 3rd round but the 1st 2 picks are horrible.

sig by jkpigskin

2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

2011 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
hugegmenfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 08:26 PM    (permalink
GiantRutgersFan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugegmenfan View Post
i dont mind poz- but not in the 1st round. that is in my opinion a reach at the 20th pick overall and most scouts have him dropping into the 2nd. Just because some people here may be high on him doesnt mean he is worthy of the 20th pick overall:
What scouts???? Kiper, Scott Wright, and just about every other analyst (except for Mayock who imo is a hack) has Poz going from 17-25.

Quote:
hes slow, injury problems and is said to be best suited probably as an ILB in a 3-4 scheme.
Poz is not slow. not at all. He has no lingering injury issues. he had 1 injury which was a freak kind of thing. We dont play in a 3-4 and arent going to go to a 3-4.... And if we did go to a 3-4 (which isnt gonna happen, why couldnt he join Pierce on the inside?

Quote:
Guys like timmons, beason, chris houston, darelle revis, levi brown, and even staley who im not that hot on should all come before paul poz.]
hahaha. Timmons and Houston both have a high potential of being a bust and are basically glorified 2nd rounders. The Timmons love makes no sense considering he didnt produce on the field in college, but was expected to have great workout numbers. then he didnt produce in his workouts either.... Poz put up about the same numbers, and was extremely productive in college. Houston is a bust waiting to happen. count on it.

Beason is allrite, but most definitly below poz. Just because Mike Mayock has a man crush on him doesnt make him an elite player like Poz.

Staley and Levi Brown I both have no issue with, but I think LB is a bigger need then LT
Old 04-18-2007, 08:56 PM    (permalink
moc182
All-Pro

What the hell are you talking about? Timmons had 18 tackles for loss this season. Poslusny is so unimpressive on film its ridiculous. He wasn't even close to the best linebacker on his team, and the only reason he's even in the first round mix is because of his tackle total.

Quote:
Old 04-18-2007, 09:02 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Poz is not an elite player. Hes very good, and yes I'd love him on this team. But I don't think he should be the pick at 20. The secondary and LT are bigger needs then LB. We have a guard playing LT, he played admirably after being thrown into the spot, but it is obvious that he was not at all comfortable and doesn't have the quickness to play at anymore then an average level. If Brown is there, he has to be the pick over anyone else. The secondary is attrocious, LB we atleast have some youth, some players with potential, a rock in the middle and a very underrated player to play the strongside. If we go into the season with Wilkinson and Blackburn competing for the weak side I have no problem with it. The secondary? Madison is good, I love him, hes slowing and should be a #2, but hes the best we got at #1. McQ is a nickelback and has no business starting, and I like him there because he truely looks like he helping other players around him. So we need a #2 CB and a future #1. We are counting on a 2nd round bust and 2 UDFA, one who has never played in a game. No thanks.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 09:18 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

The worst thing that Reese could do is reach for a CB or LT at 20 just because it is a bigger immediate need.

I feel like many of you are missing that concept. There are not any CBs that have #1 CB potential in this draft, there are not any LTs that can start from day one other than Brown and Thomas, both of which will be gone. I personally don't see anything in Staley and he is one of the few guys I would be furious with if we picked him at #20. Posluszny will not be a superstar, so what? He will be a good LB for a long time that will bring the kind of intangibles and stability to this team that we sorely need.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 10:03 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantRutgersFan View Post
1- Paul Pozlunsky
2. Brian Leonard
3. James Marten

Oh man, that would be an amazing draft for us
I'm not sure why you consistently spell his name wrong after people correct you, but that's besides the point. I wouldn't mind Paul if we traded down to get him. Not at #20. Particularly since we're trying to avoid injury prone guys now.

As for the Brian Leonard pick, your bias is clearly blinding you once more. RD can catch out of the back field and is a whole lot cheaper. If Brandon Jacobs is as good as many of us believe, then at best, Leonard might become our fullback (which would be very dumb), if not he'd be an overpaid guy to spell Jacobs.

Our best bet would be to go for a scat back like Wolfe in the 5th or 6th if we've adressed all out primary issues.

That's not even mentioning it's unlikely Brian Leonard gets past Tampa Bay in the second round.

Marten would be fine in the third, but otherwise Posluszny at #20 and Leonard in the second would literally make me cry.

I'm a big Paul Posluszny fan also, so I'd love to have him - but I'm going to let my bias of liking him as a player make me think we should reach for him.
Old 04-18-2007, 10:15 PM    (permalink
moc182
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10 View Post
The worst thing that Reese could do is reach for a CB or LT at 20 just because it is a bigger immediate need.

I feel like many of you are missing that concept. There are not any CBs that have #1 CB potential in this draft, there are not any LTs that can start from day one other than Brown and Thomas, both of which will be gone. I personally don't see anything in Staley and he is one of the few guys I would be furious with if we picked him at #20. Posluszny will not be a superstar, so what? He will be a good LB for a long time that will bring the kind of intangibles and stability to this team that we sorely need.
I don't know how anyone can have seen Staley play and not have come away impressed. His lateral movement is off the charts, and he holds up very well at the point for someone his size. Give him a year or two and 10-20 pounds, and there's no doubt in my mind he's an elite tackle. I personally don't want a corner in the first either, not necesarily because I don't think none of them have #1 potential because I certainly think Houston and Revis do, but I just don't value the position very much. I'd be happiest with Nelson, Timmons, Beason, Staley, Brown. Bowe, Meachem, or Merriweather. I'd be fine with Houston or Revis and be quite upset with Poslusny or Hall.

Quote:
Old 04-18-2007, 10:30 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't know how anyone can have seen Staley play and not have come away impressed. His lateral movement is off the charts, and he holds up very well at the point for someone his size. Give him a year or two and 10-20 pounds, and there's no doubt in my mind he's an elite tackle. I personally don't want a corner in the first either, not necesarily because I don't think none of them have #1 potential because I certainly think Houston and Revis do, but I just don't value the position very much. I'd be happiest with Nelson, Timmons, Beason, Staley, Brown. Bowe, Meachem, or Merriweather. I'd be fine with Houston or Revis and be quite upset with Poslusny or Hall.
I like Staley quite a bit myself, and he is quite a freakish athlete at the posistion. If we really wanted him, I wouldn't mind trading into the early second and out of the first to get him if all top three cornerbacks are gone.
Old 04-18-2007, 10:32 PM    (permalink
moc182
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
I like Staley quite a bit myself, and he is quite a freakish athlete at the posistion. If we really wanted him, I wouldn't mind trading into the early second and out of the first to get him if all top three cornerbacks are gone.
If anything we'd have to trade up to get Staley.

Quote:
Old 04-18-2007, 10:49 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
If anything we'd have to trade up to get Staley.
I don't think that would be the case. Staley looks to be a good prospect among this weak OT class, but even then, I'd be surprised if anyone took him before us.

Again, I suppose it's theoretically possible he could go early if some GM fell in love with his athletism or because of the weak OT class.
Old 04-18-2007, 11:07 PM    (permalink
moc182
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
I don't think that would be the case. Staley looks to be a good prospect among this weak OT class, but even then, I'd be surprised if anyone took him before us.

Again, I suppose it's theoretically possible he could go early if some GM fell in love with his athletism or because of the weak OT class.
There's an infinitely better chance of him going before 20 than lasting past 40.

Quote: