Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum

Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum Who dey gonna discuss dem Bengals?

Old 04-18-2007, 04:42 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 2nd Rounder...

Anyone have any clue as to who we'll take in the 2nd, mostly if we take a CB in the first?

I know I don't, usually I have a decent idea but not so much this year (at least for the 2nd rounder). There are a few CB's I like as being the potential picks in the 2nd but no S/LB/DT's stand out. I like Weddle, I think he's the versatile/smart player our defense needs (with outstanding character to boot) but I'm not so sure he fits that athlete type mold Marvin sticks to.

Durant has had a lot of mention but I'm not so sure it isn't just a smokescreen, Marvin never seems to draft these players that he seems to fall in love with. He picks guys out of nowhere like Madieu/Keiwan/Peko/Frostee etc. Plus there are question marks with LB because we don't know the role Odell is anticipated to have (A backup at first I'm sure, but if Marvin is willing to make him a starter there's eventually there's no way we address LB day 1).

Any ideas, to be honest I really doubt I'll be thrilled with the pick whoever it is. Not the FO's fault just lack of good fits at our spot.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 05:45 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

marvins gonna do something crazy in either the 1st or 2nd and were all prolly gonna ***** about it but in the end we'll be wrong as usual.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 09:44 PM    (permalink
Bengals1690
Veteran

Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

really, im starting to hope more now that we take timmons in the first, because a good corner would be there in the second. if we took revis or houston, then we would have to reach or pick up tyler or pitcock.

id rather have timmons and someone like josh wilson, tanard jackson, or eric wright, even with the character issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mythbusta View Post
i love my pedestal. thats why im the mythbusta.
who dey?
Bengals1690 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 11:18 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree about taking a LB/S in the 1st, it just provides the most impact out of the two players.

Marvin always goes with safe 1st round picks, it's in the 2nd on that he goes crazy.

This year I will not question what kind of players he takes, he always proves us wrong... Only way he could go wrong in my eyes is taking an offensive player in the 1st 3 picks.
Old 04-19-2007, 09:36 PM    (permalink
Ronniec513
Rookie

Ronniec513 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Right on the money there. Much more depth at CB than at safety this year. I'm warming up to Michael Griffin at 18. Might be a little high for him but he's a playmaker who can hit and cover. If you look at the safety's in this years draft 95% of them project to FS, so if you don't get Griffin, it's slim pickings for SS prospects to groom behind Dexter. Griffin can back-up both safety spots this year then start alongside Williams next year. Anyway this all leads to the point of the thread and that's the 2nd round pick. Marcus McCauley, CB, Fresno has a chance to be the best CB in this class. If he had declared as a junior he was a 1st rounder as most scouts had him above his senior teammate Richard Marshall (2nd round to the panthers in last years draft). This kid is big at 6-1 200 lbs but can run sub 4.4. He plays like a linebacker at the CB spot. He doesn't just get physical with WR's he wants to absolutely dominate them. He's a perfect AFC North CB IMO. If we were to make these two picks, combined with JJ and Madieu, I think we could have the best secondary in the league in a few years.
Ronniec513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 10:58 AM    (permalink
getbackcoach

Couldn't agree more. I would love to trade back into the late first and then take McCauley. He has great size, speed, and ball skills....the only area he isn't great in is tackling, but he may be able to develop that a bit.
Old 04-21-2007, 12:05 AM    (permalink
rickscott
Veteran

rickscott hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I wouldn't mind one of the Safeties in Rd 1 but I just don't see it. To me, knowing that we are a injured knee or some other ailment away from having Keiwan or Greg Brooks as a starter, I see us going for a CB in Rd 1. There's a chance that Weddle could be there in Rd 2 but maybe not. I think the Bengals are happy with our Safeties right now although I'm sure they would like to groom a replacement for Jackson
rickscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 12:36 AM    (permalink
Gert T

For the 2nd round pick, I think it is safe to say it is up in the air. The Whitworth pick last year was a set up for '07. So will we address more secondary needs? Or perhaps look at offensive tackle for a possible pick for the future. Seems more doubtful now that Andrews is sticking around. I don't think Griffin is too high at 18 if you think he will be a starter for the team in the future.
Old 04-21-2007, 12:53 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

I am completely for Saftey/LB in the 1st then CB in the 2nd although Revis would be a great fit and could be our new PR.

Either way we get a solid CB (IMO) and we already have a #1 guy in JJ, a CB isn't going to have the impact a S/LB can so I'd rather go that route in the 1st. They just need to not completely suck ala Tory James.
Old 04-21-2007, 03:50 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im still prayin for Weddle in rd 2
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 04:11 AM    (permalink
rickscott
Veteran

I like Weddle too in Rd 2.
Old 04-22-2007, 11:26 AM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickscott View Post
I like Weddle too in Rd 2.
Damn Rick, 5:11 AM on a Sunday.... Having trouble sleeping? haha

Yeah I like Weddle but I don't think he's Marvins type player, he likes 'em with upside and IMO Weddle doesn't have a lot of it.
Old 04-22-2007, 04:14 PM    (permalink
enjay2nine

New guy here....

I don't want to see them go after a wide receiver on day 1, but if they do, this is when. Steve Smith is a prefect fit, as is Craig Davis. They could also take a linebacker like Buster Davis or Quincy Black is they don't fill the need in the first. If they don't go secondary in the first, they could go after Tanard Jackson.
Old 04-23-2007, 06:36 AM    (permalink
Scarlet&GreyBengal

tanard jackson has some character concerns, 2nd round cbs id say they are watching would be mccauley, wade, wilson and possibly that young guy from kent.
Old 04-23-2007, 09:25 PM    (permalink
rickscott
Veteran

I'm a 3rd shift worker and this is one site that my workstation allows me to get on and use the message board so I'm around at all kind of wierd hours.....
Old 04-23-2007, 09:28 PM    (permalink
Bengals1690
Veteran

Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjay2nine View Post
New guy here....

I don't want to see them go after a wide receiver on day 1, but if they do, this is when. Steve Smith is a prefect fit, as is Craig Davis. They could also take a linebacker like Buster Davis or Quincy Black is they don't fill the need in the first. If they don't go secondary in the first, they could go after Tanard Jackson.
we only have 2 day one picks, and we wont draft aa reciever unless like CJ21 faqlls to us in the first, which will NEVER happen. He need defense, badly. I like Jackson too but i dont thikn we will draft him because of his character concerns.

Quote:
who dey?
Old 04-24-2007, 09:38 AM    (permalink
rickscott
Veteran

I worry that if we don't get our CB in rd 1, most of the good ones available in rd 2 seem to have some character issues in their past. McCauley and Bennett and maybe Josh Wilson may be options
Old 04-24-2007, 12:04 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any chance Hughes falls to us in rd 2?
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 12:32 PM    (permalink
Scarlet&GreyBengal

hughes is more of a cover 2 cb
Old 04-24-2007, 08:32 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Yeah Hughes would get destroyed in our defense.
Old 04-24-2007, 08:33 PM    (permalink
Bengals1690
Veteran

i think hughes is underated, honestly. not saying he would be a star in our defense, but he was the best DB in college football last year IMO. Thats one reason i hate the combine.

Quote:
who dey?
Old 04-24-2007, 08:36 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Honestly the combine didn't effect my perception of Hughes, he'd be great for a cover 2 team no doubt.

He's like Keiwan, good in college without speed but he'd be nothing better than a nickel on our team.
Old 04-24-2007, 09:39 PM    (permalink
Shere Khan
Rookie

Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alls I know is the Bengals hit GRAND SLAMS with their second rounders.

Corey Dillon
CJ
Andrew Whitworth
Madieu Williams

Heck, they parlayed Lamont Thompson into a trade....

WHO DEY, ALL DEY, ERY' DEY
Shere Khan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 10:14 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Yeah no dobut.

Even Pickens and Darnay were also 2nd rounders, made Bengals football worth watching back in the day.
Old 04-25-2007, 08:45 AM    (permalink
rickscott
Veteran

So was Keiwan and the best we can say about him is that he is a decent sub. We did get Madeiu in the same round of the same draft tho.