Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2006, 08:33 PM    (permalink
HokiesSkins2621
Rookie
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 203
Reputation: 219
HokiesSkins2621 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylor21
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine
Stephonson86, with all due respect, I am beginning to wonder if you even watch the NFL. You usually get the top 2 or 3 players in a poll, but after that you just start throwing out names as if you are picking them at random.

There is no way in hell that Bob Sanders should be off this list. He is a better player right this minute than Sean Taylor is (though not nearly as gifted, admittedly).

By the same token, you have yeomans like Hope, Dwight Smith, Greg Wesley, Bryan Scott etc.

Again, no offense intended, but your choice of personnel has been off on nearly every poll you've posted.

With that said, I went with Dawkins. He has mastered the position right now like few players at any other position. He is just so well polished, and also has a lot of juice left. Definitely him.

Taylor is the new object of affection for fanboys nationwide. He is nowhere near the hype right now, and is wildly overrated by nearly the entire board. He has the tools to be the best safety in the league, and maybe even the best ever, but he has so much to learn that its a joke how much love he gets. Assuming a regular growth curve, though, he will likely be the best in the league by the end of this season or the middle of the next. Just keepin' it real.
I know you dont like sean taylor but to say sanders is better at the moment is laughable. Sean Taylor is better against the run and in pass coverage. He also makes more plays that Bob Sanders. What did Bob Sanders do for his team in the playoffs, cause sean taylor scored a TD and won the Tampa game for the redskins and in the seahawks game, he perfectly deflected a pass that was in the endzone and the following play a fumble was forced.

Teams shy away from Taylor and they go at Sanders because he cant cover. Taylor can also hit better and is better at run support. Sanders gets all of that hype because he plays for the colts but he did not deserve to be on that AP team, Troy Polamalu did.....but thats another argument.

Who said Sean Taylor is worse than Bob Sanders? That's a joke. Sean Taylor is one of the greatest defensive backs to ever play college football, he can play SS and FS, and was a top 10 fs when he came into this league and is Top 5 in his second year in most peoples minds. He'll be challanging Ed Reed, Brian Dawkins, and Troy Polamalu for the best safety spot this year.
__________________

Washington Redskins Mock Draft:
Round 1: Micheal Oher/OT/Ole Miss
Round 3: Paul Kruger/DE/Utah
Round 5: Marcus Freeman/LB/Ohio State
Round 6: Graham Gano/K/Florida State
Round 7: Maurice Miller/OG/Ole Miss
Snyder, get me Gano!
HokiesSkins2621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 09:09 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: RAWR
Posts: 39,389
Reputation: 3802193
draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

I know I am late on this, but it is easily ST. Dawkins isn't as dominant as he once was. Taylor was the perfect safety and doesn't have any holes in his games. He is a top 3 safety at worst, and of those 3, he is the only FS. He is going to be the best after this season.
__________________

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 09:37 PM    (permalink
jsagan77
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,405
Reputation: -62345
jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77
Default

Draft Guru hit it on the head. The Fact that Dawkins had so many votes over Taylor is crap. Dawkins < ST... I don't understand what everyone sees that I don't. I watched Dawkins a lot growing up because they always played Eagles games on TV and through all that I don't believe that at any time in his career that he was Better that ST is right now. I just don't understand why so many people have a fixation on Bdawk. Sure he is a great safety but he's not in ST's league...
jsagan77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 10:46 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,801
Reputation: 497257
RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylor21
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine
Stephonson86, with all due respect, I am beginning to wonder if you even watch the NFL. You usually get the top 2 or 3 players in a poll, but after that you just start throwing out names as if you are picking them at random.

There is no way in hell that Bob Sanders should be off this list. He is a better player right this minute than Sean Taylor is (though not nearly as gifted, admittedly).

By the same token, you have yeomans like Hope, Dwight Smith, Greg Wesley, Bryan Scott etc.

Again, no offense intended, but your choice of personnel has been off on nearly every poll you've posted.

With that said, I went with Dawkins. He has mastered the position right now like few players at any other position. He is just so well polished, and also has a lot of juice left. Definitely him.

Taylor is the new object of affection for fanboys nationwide. He is nowhere near the hype right now, and is wildly overrated by nearly the entire board. He has the tools to be the best safety in the league, and maybe even the best ever, but he has so much to learn that its a joke how much love he gets. Assuming a regular growth curve, though, he will likely be the best in the league by the end of this season or the middle of the next. Just keepin' it real.
I know you dont like sean taylor but to say sanders is better at the moment is laughable. Sean Taylor is better against the run and in pass coverage. He also makes more plays that Bob Sanders. What did Bob Sanders do for his team in the playoffs, cause sean taylor scored a TD and won the Tampa game for the redskins and in the seahawks game, he perfectly deflected a pass that was in the endzone and the following play a fumble was forced.

Teams shy away from Taylor and they go at Sanders because he cant cover. Taylor can also hit better and is better at run support. Sanders gets all of that hype because he plays for the colts but he did not deserve to be on that AP team, Troy Polamalu did.....but thats another argument.
Hey I got a bone to pick with you. He did pretty good in the playoffs. He had 10 tackles. that's pretty good. Ye didn't have a turnover, but he did help his team. Sean Taylor is much better, but check stats before you say he didn't do anything ion the playoffs. This is another reason he should be on the poll.

In the season Bob Sanders had 91 tackles, 1 pick, 1FF, and no sacks.

In the season Sean Taylor had 70 tackles, 2 picks, 2 FF, and 1 sack.

Sure Sean Taylor has had more turnovers, but saying Bob Sanders isn't worthy to be on here is ridiculous.

Sean Taylor is better, but Bob Sanders has great skill.
__________________

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 10:47 PM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Iowa
Posts: 395
Reputation: 197069
HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Sean Taylor is, but Dawkins got it :evil:
__________________
| Hawkeyes || Rams || Lakers || Braves || Avalanche |

The Cadillac Three - Tennessee Mojo
http://youtu.be/N41DdVedXCo
HawkeyeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 11:14 PM    (permalink
HokiesSkins2621
Rookie
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 203
Reputation: 219
HokiesSkins2621 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathan
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylor21
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine
Stephonson86, with all due respect, I am beginning to wonder if you even watch the NFL. You usually get the top 2 or 3 players in a poll, but after that you just start throwing out names as if you are picking them at random.

There is no way in hell that Bob Sanders should be off this list. He is a better player right this minute than Sean Taylor is (though not nearly as gifted, admittedly).

By the same token, you have yeomans like Hope, Dwight Smith, Greg Wesley, Bryan Scott etc.

Again, no offense intended, but your choice of personnel has been off on nearly every poll you've posted.

With that said, I went with Dawkins. He has mastered the position right now like few players at any other position. He is just so well polished, and also has a lot of juice left. Definitely him.

Taylor is the new object of affection for fanboys nationwide. He is nowhere near the hype right now, and is wildly overrated by nearly the entire board. He has the tools to be the best safety in the league, and maybe even the best ever, but he has so much to learn that its a joke how much love he gets. Assuming a regular growth curve, though, he will likely be the best in the league by the end of this season or the middle of the next. Just keepin' it real.
I know you dont like sean taylor but to say sanders is better at the moment is laughable. Sean Taylor is better against the run and in pass coverage. He also makes more plays that Bob Sanders. What did Bob Sanders do for his team in the playoffs, cause sean taylor scored a TD and won the Tampa game for the redskins and in the seahawks game, he perfectly deflected a pass that was in the endzone and the following play a fumble was forced.

Teams shy away from Taylor and they go at Sanders because he cant cover. Taylor can also hit better and is better at run support. Sanders gets all of that hype because he plays for the colts but he did not deserve to be on that AP team, Troy Polamalu did.....but thats another argument.
Hey I got a bone to pick with you. He did pretty good in the playoffs. He had 10 tackles. that's pretty good. Ye didn't have a turnover, but he did help his team. Sean Taylor is much better, but check stats before you say he didn't do anything ion the playoffs. This is another reason he should be on the poll.

In the season Bob Sanders had 91 tackles, 1 pick, 1FF, and no sacks.

In the season Sean Taylor had 70 tackles, 2 picks, 2 FF, and 1 sack.

Sure Sean Taylor has had more turnovers, but saying Bob Sanders isn't worthy to be on here is ridiculous.

Sean Taylor is better, but Bob Sanders has great skill.
SEAN TAYLOR DIDNT DO ANYTHING IN THE PLAYOFFS!?!??!?!?WHAT WERE YOU WATCHING??????????


Without Sean Taylor we would not of beaten Tampa Bay.


EDIT: Read it wrong sorry :P
__________________

Washington Redskins Mock Draft:
Round 1: Micheal Oher/OT/Ole Miss
Round 3: Paul Kruger/DE/Utah
Round 5: Marcus Freeman/LB/Ohio State
Round 6: Graham Gano/K/Florida State
Round 7: Maurice Miller/OG/Ole Miss
Snyder, get me Gano!
HokiesSkins2621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 12:01 AM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: UT
Posts: 4,558
Reputation: 106982
cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Alright an Eagle is on the team. :D
__________________
cunningham06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 01:20 AM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Canton 2013
Posts: 4,226
Reputation: 1801
The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.
Default

im glad to see this
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.