Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

Old 04-18-2007, 07:04 PM    (permalink
Bootland27
Rookie

Bootland27 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Bootland27 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default 8 teams talking to the lions??? + some trade offers

There are so many reports out there that are so confusing/conflicting, its enough to make your head spin.

Quote:
By Adam Schefter-NFL Analyst

Oakland has listened to offers for the No. 1 overall pick, but for now, the team seeming to field the most trade inquiries is the Detroit Lions at No. 2.

A Lions official confirmed that the team has received phone calls from at least eight teams interested in trading up to No. 2. One of those teams is the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, now scheduled to pick at No. 4. The Lions and Buccaneers have had multiple trade conversations.

If Tampa Bay were to trade from No. 4 to No. 2, it could allow the Buccaneers to draft Georgia Tech wide receiver Calvin Johnson, whom team officials privately worked out April 13 with quarterback Chris Simms and wide receivers Michael Clayton and David Boston.

But the Lions official also added that none of the trade talks with Tampa Bay or any other team have become heated -- yet. And they are not expected to do so until this time next week, as April 28 creeps closer.

Should Detroit drop down, it would put the Lions in better position to nab Clemson defensive end Gaines Adams, who very quietly visited Detroit on April 13. The Lions also had a private meeting with Adams in Indianapolis at the scouting combine, so if nothing else, Detroit is closely scrutinizing the Clemson defensive end.

But the Lions also cautioned that nothing much should be read into their meetings with Adams. The team also is scheduled to hold visits this week with Oklahoma running back Adrian Peterson on April 19, offensive tackle Joe Thomas on April 19, Notre Dame quarterback Brady Quinn on April 18 and LSU quarterback JaMarcus Russell on April 18.

They already met last week with Johnson, who some around the league now believe will be the Lions' pick if Detroit stays at No. 2.

Cleveland, at No. 3, also is busy doing its due diligence. Peterson, Quinn and Russell already have visited the Browns, and Thomas spent today in Cleveland. Oakland, Detroit and Cleveland are getting every possible look at each possible pick. The top picks are getting every possible frequent flyer mile.

Soon enough, the interviews and trips will be over, as will the speculation that is only mounting.
Old 04-18-2007, 07:06 PM    (permalink
Bootland27
Rookie

Bootland27 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Bootland27 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default And another one

Dont know who this guy is but saw it on another tread, he is claiming to have some inside info though at least it would make for some fun discussion

http://sports-boards.net/forums/showthread.php?t=112112

Quote:
So here's the actual lowdown on everything going on (as opposed to the mindless speculation of the talking haircuts).

1) Oakland has started talks with Russell
2) Oakland has contacted Cleveland about trading down to 3 on the assumption Cleveland would want Russell
3) 8 teams talking to Detroit is a slight exagerration, unless they've forgotten to report a contact. There are 7
4) Nobody wants to trade with Detroit until either Oakland signs their guy or Detroit is on the clock for fear someone would leapfrog them (makes sense)
5) The suitors are: Tampa, Atlanta, Washington, Miami, Houston, Carolina and Pittsburgh.
6) Atlanta has a firm offer of their 1st, 2 2nds, and a 1st next year for Detroit's 1 and 4 this year--supposing Calvin is there
7) Tampa has a firm offer of their 1st, 2 2nds and a 5th for Detroit's 1/4--supposing Calvin is there
8) Miami has a firm offer of a 1st, a 2nd (their late 2nd), a 3rd, and a first and 3rd next year--supposing Russell is there.
9) Washington is trying to move players of some sort along with their 1st
10) Pittsburgh is offering a 1st and a 2nd, and a 1st and 2nd next year--supposing Calvin is there
11) Houston...I don't know what they're offering, but they're eyeing Peterson
12) Don't know anything about Carolina. Couldn't scrounge anything up.
13) Detroit appears to have narrowed their guys down to 3--Adams, LeRon Landry, and Leon Hall
14) I have it on good authority that the NFL will NOT be putting an invisible fence around the Detroit War Room phone and attaching a collar to Millen to prevent him from rushing to the phone too quickly to make his pick this year. Sorry guys.
Old 04-18-2007, 07:31 PM    (permalink
woodnick
Veteran

woodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

The eigth team is supposedly Cleveland for Russell. Personally I would like to see the Atlanta deal happen first, then the Miami deal. Ideally Oakland could sign a player in the next week so Detroit will have 72 hours to get all of the offers and make a decision before the draft starts. But from everything that I've read, Oakland isn't going to make their choice until after noon on the 28th. Freakin' Al Davis!
woodnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 07:45 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
6) Atlanta has a firm offer of their 1st, 2 2nds, and a 1st next year for Detroit's 1 and 4 this year--supposing Calvin is there
7) Tampa has a firm offer of their 1st, 2 2nds and a 5th for Detroit's 1/4--supposing Calvin is there
8) Miami has a firm offer of a 1st, a 2nd (their late 2nd), a 3rd, and a first and 3rd next year--supposing Russell is there.
Boy, I don't know which of these offers I would want most . . . lol

Probably ATL or MIA if they are real offers (doubtful) . . .
Old 04-18-2007, 07:48 PM    (permalink
woodnick
Veteran

woodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Yeah, I question the validity of these offers also. IMO the most unrealistic is the Pitt. offer, it just doesn't seem like they'd give all that up to trade up for a WR when they just selected one in the first last year and Hines Ward is signed to a long term deal.
Old 04-18-2007, 07:50 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really hope Atlanta doesn't trade two 2nd round picks, and the '08 first round pick for any one player. Even if he is the composite highest graded player in ten, fifteen, or of all time.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 07:56 PM    (permalink
woodnick
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
I really hope Atlanta doesn't trade two 2nd round picks, and the '08 first round pick for any one player. Even if he is the composite highest graded player in ten, fifteen, or of all time.
They almost did for Vick, just minus 1 2nd rounder?
Old 04-18-2007, 08:17 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know.. he spelled LaRon Landry's name wrong.. ;) I don't think they narrowed it down to Gaines, LaRon, and Leon.. I can't imagine Patrick Willis not being in the mix.

and I think i'd rather do the Miami deal.. I think their Round 1 would be higher than ATL's next year.

This is all nice to think about but I doubt those offers are real.. They just seem excessive. I wouldn't complain if we did any of those, though, except for the Steelers deal.. I wouldn't want to move down that far.
Old 04-18-2007, 08:28 PM    (permalink
asmitty45
Veteran

asmitty45 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I want the ATL deal, the more 1sts in WHATEVER YEAR the better

fenikz

"Pride comes before the fall" - Mark Dantonio

35-21
asmitty45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 09:58 PM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i'd also rather Atl three second this year with a 1st next year how do would we ever turn that down. We could take willis or laundry this year get a QB a DE and CB in the second and then idk what we would even need in the third we could walk out of this draft with 4 or 5 potential starters with an extra pick next year in the first. Millen definitly could mess all thos epick up.....or could he?
Old 04-18-2007, 10:39 PM    (permalink
reinar
Rookie

reinar hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i like the ATL deal, but if we do any of them, no way we get to trade down again, cause the other person that a team would want, wont be there.

adding 2 (2nd) rounders would be awesome this year, and would fill all 3 DEF spots right away.

am i right in that day 1 is 1st, 2nd round, and day 2 is 3-7th?
Old 04-18-2007, 11:35 PM    (permalink
asmitty45
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by reinar View Post
i like the ATL deal, but if we do any of them, no way we get to trade down again, cause the other person that a team would want, wont be there.

adding 2 (2nd) rounders would be awesome this year, and would fill all 3 DEF spots right away.

am i right in that day 1 is 1st, 2nd round, and day 2 is 3-7th?
No Day 1 is 1-3 Day 2 is 4-7, Have you ever watched the draft (honest question, some people dont actually WATCH it)?

fenikz

35-21
Old 04-18-2007, 11:55 PM    (permalink
reinar
Rookie

reinar hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

yea i have watched it, last year was one of the ones that I watched the most, but just factoring out the (32 teams at 15 minutes each) which is 8 hours, and then 32 teams at 10 min each is another5+ hours, that is 13 hours, and with it not starting until 11am (and oakland not being on the clock until noon right?) that pushes the midnight timeframe, and then add another round??

seemed off to me.
Old 04-19-2007, 10:45 AM    (permalink
jbombul
Rookie

jbombul hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.jbombul hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reinar View Post
yea i have watched it, last year was one of the ones that I watched the most, but just factoring out the (32 teams at 15 minutes each) which is 8 hours, and then 32 teams at 10 min each is another5+ hours, that is 13 hours, and with it not starting until 11am (and oakland not being on the clock until noon right?) that pushes the midnight timeframe, and then add another round??

seemed off to me.
the draft starts at 12 noon eastern where oakland is immedietly on the clock. me personally, i watch every single minute of it just about, sure say i dont have a life, but i am absolutely infactuated with the nfl draft and i can't get enough. i think it comes from being a lions fan, where we get worked up for the draft
jbombul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 03:29 PM    (permalink
Notredameleo
Pro Bowler

Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The draft is like our superbow!!
Old 04-19-2007, 03:51 PM    (permalink
asmitty45
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notredameleo View Post
hahaha thats so true, dammit i wish it wasnt

fenikz

35-21
Old 04-19-2007, 04:12 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As usual, a bunch of crap about ridiculous trades. Anybody looking at the value chart can see these trades will never happen. Just a bunch of pre draft garbage.
Old 04-19-2007, 04:20 PM    (permalink
asmitty45
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
As usual, a bunch of crap about ridiculous trades. Anybody looking at the value chart can see these trades will never happen. Just a bunch of pre draft garbage.
Cheer up the draft is a happy event.

fenikz

35-21
Old 04-19-2007, 04:52 PM    (permalink
woodnick
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notredameleo View Post
Yeah, I tell everybody that it's my personal Christmas. The anticipation, the wish lists, the fact that I WILL NOT work on that Sat, my personal Christmas. Man I'm getting excited! Just 9 days away
Old 04-19-2007, 05:27 PM    (permalink
Notredameleo
Pro Bowler

Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, im getting pumped too.
Old 04-19-2007, 07:19 PM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bootland27 View Post
Dont know who this guy is but saw it on another tread, he is claiming to have some inside info though at least it would make for some fun discussion

http://sports-boards.net/forums/showthread.php?t=112112

is there and validity to these offers because they seem pretty ridiculous and the only way i see them happening is if a bidding war occurs between 3 or 4 teams. Gosh i would love almost any of them to happen
Old 04-19-2007, 10:57 PM    (permalink
iKNOW

great situation to be in. i would love to see the lions trade down to 10-15and get a couple of more picks.

if the atlanta proposal is true, i think it would be a steal. they could get a player they need and want plus pick up some much needed picks to use or trade.

i've always thought millen did a decent job drafting, just not in the first round.
Old 04-20-2007, 03:59 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Would this deal work?

'08 2nd round pick

Value wise, that would seem to work.

Old 04-20-2007, 04:28 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
Would this deal work?

'08 2nd round pick

Value wise, that would seem to work.
In a heartbeat.
Old 04-20-2007, 10:51 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

I wonder if Detroit would take the deal if it were just #8, #39, #44? As in, that is the best deal on the table. Even though it doesn't necessarily meet the value chart, perfectly, though it is close.