Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Minnesota Vikings Team Forum

Minnesota Vikings Team Forum Discuss the Vikings

Old 04-18-2007, 10:17 PM    (permalink
bonzi
Rookie

bonzi hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Does anyone else...

Does anyone else look at next year and think, man we are set for one long year. I'm one sad panda for our uber lack of signing anyone. Expecially going after a free agent WR. Unless we do somthing major in the Draft or in post june free agents, i'm really not looking forward to next year as a vikings fan.
bonzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 11:11 PM    (permalink
Severe Punishment
Veteran

Severe Punishment hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Count me in.

I see our lack of firepower on offense and our Defense going through it's 3rd different coordiantor in what 4 years and shake my head.
Severe Punishment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 12:06 AM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im with ya.
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 12:40 AM    (permalink
amesbear
Rookie

amesbear hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Well.... we signed a bunch of iffy WR and right now it looks like our 1st rd pick is going to a RB which is possibly our strongest position on offense so, yeah. It's gonna be a top 10 pick again next year.
Old 04-19-2007, 01:11 AM    (permalink
the Laos
Rookie

the Laos hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i'm telling you, if we're fortunate enough to get ad, he'll do wonders for our offense. the run game would take pressure off tj, and make our receivers look half decent. look at what the 3 headed monster did for the eagles few years back. pinkston, thrash and company ain't look half bad with the run game being so sick. i'm going say ad is the biggest playmaker in the draft including cj, yeah that's right, including the 6'5 239 4.35 running monster.
Old 04-19-2007, 01:24 AM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i think you vastly overestimate what AP's impact would be for us next year... in the long run he would work wonders for us but i dont see him doing thattttt much for us next year...

as for the topic of this thread, im not sure what to think for next year i dont think we are necesarilly doomed but i think severe brings up a good point how long is our defense going to remain good going through these coordinators if lesie frazier can sustain or run defense and improve pass rush/pass defense i think there is no reason for us to do any worse than we did this year. Now if by some miracle Williamson has a breakout year with T-Jack plays solid we can be a playoff team
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 01:44 AM    (permalink
Kid_Ego
Veteran

Kid_Ego smells like sex panther.Kid_Ego smells like sex panther.

After looking at our position in the draft and studing most the canidates my conclussion is we really are in a good position toimprove this team. All though I still am scratching my head with all the Qb's that were on the market how we are still left with the three less then stellar qb's we have. I dont dislike T-Jack but i dont see how we can go into next season with Brook and drew as our only other qb's. But if we are creative I think we could come out of this draft with the mostversitile player in the draft a yound stud defensive player, and the gem of the draft on day one alone

1. Okoye
2. Brian leonard
3. Michael Bush

on the second day I think we take one of the two under rated qb prospects in troy smith or Zabransky both would do well in a westcoast offense
A wide out like Johnny lee Higgins a solid offensive line prospect like one of the two guys from Iowa

And still might be able to slip in another defensive player like Crowder or Gaddis from clemson.
Kid_Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 01:57 AM    (permalink
Kid_Ego
Veteran

Leonard Bush higgins are all naturals for the west coast offense
Zabransky or Troy smith give us a proven winner which either one is worlds better then drew henson and maybe even bollinger,

Smith 26-3 at Ohio State Face it he faced better defenses in practise then some pro teams have. Dont buy into all that at the next level he cant proform what ever I guarentee some of those 26 wins came against players who are playing on sunday.

Zabransky this guy reminds me alot of a Farve he doesnt have great arm strength but show me another qb in college football who could take boise state and beat Oklahoma. I guarentee I can name atleast two who couldnt J russell and Brady Quinn.

Leonard is the most versitile player in the draft he can fill in at fb hb te think rathman Alstott Moose this is what your going to get w ith this guy a solid proformer who will pay huge dividends

Michael bush is the perfect west coast back he catches well he runs well with or without a full back and hes bound to slip to a point we should be able to get him and still address a couple needs. We can trade him and taylor off and maybe cut down on Taylors fumbles in the 4th quarter

Johnny Lee Higgins this dude catches everything and has Little chris written all over him. He reminds me so much of a young Chris Carter with out the attitude problem.

Yanda is listed as a tackle he probably will slide because of it he is more of a guard tackle center and one thing Ferintz does is mass produce offensive linemen and him or Mike jones fit the bill.

Okoye is 19 graduated from college and a huge young stud who will give us not only depth but a burst inside Imagine Kevin williams fresh every game Pat williams fresh rotating in and out then in run situation you pull out james let him rest and put the big three in there with Uduze and let them stuff em in pass you pair a fresh james with a fresh edwards Okoye and williams and that will fix the pass rush instantly

Last edited by Kid_Ego : 04-19-2007 at 02:01 AM.
Old 04-19-2007, 02:57 AM    (permalink
Severe Punishment
Veteran

Wow, you named off 4 of the guys I absolutely don't want to see on the Vikings. Leonard, J.L. Higgins , Zebransky, and Troy Smith.

If all 4 of these guys end up in purple , I quit...I'd burn all my Viking memerobilia and swear off football.

Higgins is a 1 trick pony whose hands aren't nearly as reliable as Troy Williamsons...and in fact is a Williamson clone. Worst option for us at WR in the entire draft. (Next would be Yamon Figures)...let's spread the wealth of track stars who can't catch with the rest of the league okay ?

Zabransky, great an under sized immobile turd who can barely throw the ball 58 yards...with ZERO velocity. It was the scheme and coaching that
took Boise State to the #5 ranking. not to mention luck and Oklahoma giving up in that bowl game. He'll be lucky to get a gig in the Arena league.

Troy Smith....ummm Tarvaris Jackson part 2. We don't need any more
6'1 QB's who have trouble adjusting to blitz packages and can barely see over the line to begin with. Smith could be very good.....as long as we
get every tOSU prospect from this year , last year and next year to come
with him. 4 words. "pee ewww , hell no".

Brian Leonard. Scouts really aren't sure if this guys a HB or a FB in the making he's got guts, good hands is smart and blocks well...but doesn't
have elusive speed and isn't an elusive kind of guy. He might excel in a
WCO with a little TALENT but he'd likely cost us a day 1 pick and for me
I'm not willing to throw a way a day 1 pick this year for another project.

If we draft even 2 of these guys I'm going to be tempted to stab my eyes and eardrums so I don't have to know the rest of the draft.

Okoye I really like, just don't want to take him at 7. I think he goes top 15 for sure but think we can trade down a bit , pick up a 3rd , or high picks next year,
and still get him .

Last edited by Severe Punishment : 04-19-2007 at 03:00 AM.
Old 04-19-2007, 07:03 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dont see how anyone can look at our roster and not be worried. In fact, the more I look at it, the worse the feeling I get.

Go through it positionally...

QB - Pathetic. We have a career backup in Bollinger and a guy who at best is a decent starter by seasons end, assuming the doesnt get broken by some left end.
RB - Solid. Thats Chester Taylor. Alright depth also. But we lack a playmaker, given the rest of the guys on offense, that makes this hurt even more. Richardson returning to health could make our run game very good if we can get a game breaker behind him.
WR - UGLY. Just UGLY. I mean even if Williamson suddenly gets it we still suck. He could become Steve Smith next year and we still wouldnt have a passing game.
TE - Shiancoe sounds solid. Again, we dont have a playmaker anywhere else, so solid really doesnt cut it.
LT - Very Good. As much as I hate on him, McKinnie can play, would help if Childress could make up his mind how he wants him to block.
LG - Easily our strongest position. 'Nuff said.
C - Out second best offensive position and 3rd overall.
RG - WR bad.
RT - Fighting RG and WR for worst position overall.

Thats our offense. We have a couple of very good lineman and a solid RB. Thats it. Our offense is actually worse than the horrific raiders based on talent, at least they have a couple of guys who can turn nothing into something.

Defensively we are better, but still weak.

DE - We need to get a rush. Udeze did that as a rookie, he was actually solid last year but needs to get to the QB. Runwise he was great. Erasmus must get healthy. Like our backups. Could do with a pure rusher, but not at first round cost.
DT - The only position that rivals LG on our roster. Could do with a depth guy though just in case and certainly need to get Fat Pat's replacement in the next couple of drafts.
LB - This is the position that the more I look, the more uncomfortable I get. Im a Nap homer so I overrate him, but he was rock solid. I dont rate Leber, he should be a backup. EJ switches inside again. Not sure about this, he looked completely lost there and did alright last year. Greenway is an unknown. If he comes back at 100% or near that, he will be a very good player. We have a bit of depth, but I wouldnt want any of it to play.
S - Another bad position. Sharper is old and looked lost in the Cover 2, "I skipped traning camp and havent looked at a playbook" lost. Our other guys are all good situational guys, none of them I want starting full time though.
CB - Winfield is a stud, one of the most underrated players in the league. Griffin can be very good. Edwards is solid. Wouldnt mind spending a 3rd or 4th on help here, but is far from our biggest concern.

I just dont see a reason for optimism. None of our LBs can cover well, none of our safeties can cover. Our LB's also cant get to the QB on blitzes and our Ends didnt last year. So basically teams are just going to spread us and pick the open man. Offensively I dont see us moving the ball. Teams will just stack the box, may as well do it with 11 given we have an inaccurate QB and WR's that cant catch. I just dont see how we move the ball consistently or keep what is actually a fairly average defense off the field.

On a positive... Next years draft is loaded baby. Loaded! Oh and a horrible season might get rid of that stupid guy thats calling the plays...

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 09:23 AM    (permalink
bonzi
Rookie

bonzi hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Do you think if we do as bad as i think were going to do, that Childress will be gone?
bonzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 09:41 AM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For me, it all depends on what we do in the draft.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 11:23 AM    (permalink
secondeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonzi View Post
Does anyone else look at next year and think, man we are set for one long year. I'm one sad panda for our uber lack of signing anyone. Expecially going after a free agent WR. Unless we do somthing major in the Draft or in post june free agents, i'm really not looking forward to next year as a vikings fan.
We had a lot of optimism going into last year with all of our signings, and unfortunately it didn't pan out because Brad had such a terrible year. (Not to mention our line underachieving.)

Maybe this year with the bar set lower, we'll actually do better than we expect. But at worst, we suffer through one bad year, and then reap the rewards with cap space, another high draft pick, and a brand new coach!

Honestly though, we have a pretty damn good defense by our recent standards.. and as bad as the O was last year, we still won 6 games before tanking the season. I wouldn't be shocked if they scraped out 9 wins.
Old 04-19-2007, 11:26 AM    (permalink
secondeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonzi View Post
Do you think if we do as bad as i think were going to do, that Childress will be gone?
God I hope so.

The only thing that will save him from my armchair wrath will be if Calvin Johnson is somehow still on the board at #3, Cleveland really wants Adrian Peterson, and we manage to somewhat cheaply (2nd round pick and change?) move up to the 3 hole and get him.

Wow would that change my opinion about this group in the front office.

I've pretty much given up hope that he'll even made it past the two spot, let alone that they have the foresight to take a franchise changer. Even with the Moss example staring them in the face. Spielman was quick to point out that the Vikings didn't have to trade anything to get Moss, but would that 2nd and 5th rounder have mattered? When's the last time the Vikings took a player in the 2nd-3rd rounds that couldn't easily be replaced.
Old 04-19-2007, 12:38 PM    (permalink
tylere0814

Heres the way i see it. Whomever the browns draft, whether it be Brady Quinn or Adrian Peterson. I think we will have a very good chance at taking the other. Personally i'd be happy with either, depending on who we take will greatly affect the rest of our off season.

IF WE SELECT BRADY QUINN:

TJack takes a back seat, but battles for the starting job. But Brady beats him out and has a decent season. 2200 yds 15tds 14ints

Chester Taylor gets ran into the ground after another 350+ carry season.

Our WR's all actually have a decent season with Brady in the pocket.

Defense will struggle in pass coverage, but will remain solid in rush defense.

IF WE SELECT ADRIAN PETERSON:

TJack goes into the season as the starter, full of confidence. Struggles, but has a solid run game that takes a lot of the weight off of his back (just like Kyle Orton in 05).

Chester Taylor and Adrian Peterson both have great seasons. Taylors runs for 1200 yds and 9 tds, and AD runs for 1100 yds and 11tds and is runner up for ROY behind Calvin Johnson.

WR's struggle in our run oriented offense.

Defense is similar
Old 04-19-2007, 02:06 PM    (permalink
Severe Punishment
Veteran

I think we absolutely need one of those 2 guys (Quinn / Peterson) at 7....or trade down, and pick up more day 1 picks.

I think people are reeeally starting to see how those picks we gave away
last year are affecting us this year. (replace T-Jackson or Ryan Cook with
Maurice Jones-Drew. and think of how that'd change the needs going into this draft).....the longer the Veagles...errr Childress regime is allowed to stay the worse it looks. We've managed to take a team alot of experts had as a sleeper to make the NFC championship game (based on talent alone) and piss it away to a team that rivals some minor league / developmental squad. Childress (and this is one of the only times I've ever agreed with Swaggar) just doesn't get it, when it comes to doing what's best for the team. Give up playcalling.....get over yourself. Admit the mistakes, change them and move on.

If we have another mediocre draft I'm going to carry a anti childress sig
for the remainder of the season.
Old 04-19-2007, 02:59 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severe Punishment View Post
I think we absolutely need one of those 2 guys (Quinn / Peterson) at 7....or trade down, and pick up more day 1 picks.

I think people are reeeally starting to see how those picks we gave away
last year are affecting us this year. (replace T-Jackson or Ryan Cook with
Maurice Jones-Drew. and think of how that'd change the needs going into this draft).....the longer the Veagles...errr Childress regime is allowed to stay the worse it looks. We've managed to take a team alot of experts had as a sleeper to make the NFC championship game (based on talent alone) and piss it away to a team that rivals some minor league / developmental squad. Childress (and this is one of the only times I've ever agreed with Swaggar) just doesn't get it, when it comes to doing what's best for the team. Give up playcalling.....get over yourself. Admit the mistakes, change them and move on.

If we have another mediocre draft I'm going to carry a anti childress sig
for the remainder of the season.

Better get that thing ready.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 04:14 PM    (permalink
the Laos
Rookie

the Laos hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

anal punishment: Another biased ignorant comment. Great work kiddo

please explain to me why... all i ever see is some self-proclaimed know it all who shoots down any opinion that doesn't correlate with his man love for brady quinn.
Old 04-19-2007, 06:04 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i think people a little bit too pesimistic to be honest.... we may not have the most talented players but this team isnt half as bad as you wanna make it out to be comparing our offense to the raiders??? thats just insane ALL the raiders have are a couple of good wide outs that dont even want to play for the team absolutly nothing else worth while of mentioning. I would personally take our offense over the raiders offense in a heart beat... we may not have all the big names on our defense but we were still #8 in the league even with no pass rush from the DE's you add any kind of pass rush to our DE's and we jump up to one of the top 5 defense's cmon people its not like we were getting blown away every game last year we were close to wining 6 more games(2 chicago games, San Fransisco, Miami, at Greenbay, and buffalo) add any kind of offense to that team last year and we are easily an 9-12 win team... This season depneds only on how will T-Jack Respond to being the starter if he plays solid we will be fine if he is horrible i see another 6-10
Old 04-19-2007, 06:17 PM    (permalink
Severe Punishment
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Chris View Post
i think people a little bit too pesimistic to be honest.... we may not have the most talented players but this team isnt half as bad as you wanna make it out to be comparing our offense to the raiders??? thats just insane ALL the raiders have are a couple of good wide outs that dont even want to play for the team absolutly nothing else worth while of mentioning. I would personally take our offense over the raiders offense in a heart beat... we may not have all the big names on our defense but we were still #8 in the league even with no pass rush from the DE's you add any kind of pass rush to our DE's and we jump up to one of the top 5 defense's cmon people its not like we were getting blown away every game last year we were close to wining 6 more games(2 chicago games, San Fransisco, Miami, at Greenbay, and buffalo) add any kind of offense to that team last year and we are easily an 9-12 win team... This season depneds only on how will T-Jack Respond to being the starter if he plays solid we will be fine if he is horrible i see another 6-10
2nd year QB's tend to hit a ceiling around the 6th game....it's from there on that you can tell what kind of player they are going to be.
If Jackson is 1/2 way decent there still isn't enough talent to win 6 games.
If he's terrible , we'll be lucky to win 3.
There may be alot of negativity on this board (and in the state in general) But it's not unwarrented. We have 3 QB's who are at best question marks.
1 RB whose solid not a franchise back, but not bad. 1/2 of an offensive line ..the other 1/2 set a record for penalties in a year. absolutely nothing
of note at WR and our top pass catching threat at TE is a guy who was a career backup.
On defense we have 2 stud DT's ...and zero depth behind them...2 1st round failures at DE who are either constantly on the IR or being dominated by a single blocker and unable to get pressure. The ONLY
saving grace for end might be Ray Edwards ...which would then leave us
with "ONLY" a desperate need for an edge rusher on 1 side and not 2.
I like the LB corp...however they're not without major question marks.
especially the move for EJ henderson back to the middle. If we had gone
out and picked up a legit MLB henderson would've been allowed to stay at WLB where he dominated last year...well, we didn't and now he's going to be asked to anchor the LB's again...if he fails like he did 2 years ago...we'll quickly go from the 8th overall D to the 28th.
The CB's (outside of Winfield whose a stud) can't seem to stay out of trouble and aren't that deep to begin with. Considering we were 31st
against the pass...it's not the type of thing that's going to instill a ton
of hope for us fans that they'll be better.

Safety is probably the deepest positino on the team...and yes, there's more question marks. Is Sharper to old ? was last year a fluke ? will moving back to the FS positon going to turn his game back in time ?
Is Tank Williams going to be able to play a real game for the first time in 3 years ?...and did Dwight Smith do enough strength training drills to make some 1on1 tackles ?

I realize we sign a high jumper for WR and another Philly cast off and typically what happens is expecation oversees realistic rationalization....however, until we get some REAL talent in here...i don't
expect the typical "We're going to win 8-12 game" predictions that tend to follow the drafts.
Old 04-19-2007, 06:30 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

ya know i just think its sad when we are more pesimistic about our upcoming season than Detroit Fans.
Old 04-19-2007, 08:22 PM    (permalink
Vikings Fan
Rookie

Vikings Fan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Its been a despressing year, bungles management, arrests, stagnent offense, shoddy pass defense, poor draft days and general poor play. Its hard to get excited, but rest assured I will be out there with the best of them on Opening Day.
Old 04-19-2007, 08:41 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylere0814 View Post
Heres the way i see it. Whomever the browns draft, whether it be Brady Quinn or Adrian Peterson. I think we will have a very good chance at taking the other. Personally i'd be happy with either, depending on who we take will greatly affect the rest of our off season.

IF WE SELECT ADRIAN PETERSON:

TJack goes into the season as the starter, full of confidence. Struggles, but has a solid run game that takes a lot of the weight off of his back (just like Kyle Orton in 05).

Chester Taylor and Adrian Peterson both have great seasons. Taylors runs for 1200 yds and 9 tds, and AD runs for 1100 yds and 11tds and is runner up for ROY behind Calvin Johnson.

i like this way better just because our offense can look somewhat good. ap would be a great addition to a struggling offense and would take some of the load off chester taylor. having to good backs would also take some pressure off of Tjack. knowing that he can hand the ball off to a good back will always take pressure off of a young quarterback. and it might actually make our stingy recieving crew look half way decent
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 01:13 AM    (permalink
Kid_Ego
Veteran

Well the critisim is going to happen when you trade a former probowl qb for well a second string Guard
Then you allow our best wideout to become a restricted free agent and the key ingrident for revenge. Which by the way they shoved back in our face by making him a bench warmer.
Then You dismiss the veteren qb for a second year Qb who didnt even play Division one football Because he got beat out by well a thrid string receiver on another NFL team.
I dont see the guy Hines Ward beat out at georgia starting any where in the nfl. I could be wrong but im pretty sure im not.
Then for insurance you go and get a Wisconsin product who was a very average college qb and a back up in the nfl
and a Career journeyman already He isnt sure what career or where hes going

Then you bring in the next Preist Holmes and he looks more like the Old TIKI Barber if only he wouldnt fumble.

Then not only did you not move up in last years draft in the first round to get Young or lienart You wait and move up in the second round and get a guy who got beat out at qb by a freaking wide receiver

Then as if all this wasnt enough YOU promise us disipline and the only Disipline we saw anyone get happened in a stair way to our free safty that you brought in by a ten dollar hooker

The guy is supposed to be a Offensive guru yet last year was the first time he called any plays. And I dont remember the last time Our offense was on defense so much. It is never good when Our Offense is being out scored by their defense.

GEE YOUR RIGHT WHY ARENT WE ALL HAPPY SHINY PEOPLE DR PHIL?
Old 04-20-2007, 02:01 AM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Well the critisim is going to happen when you trade a former probowl qb for well a second string Guard
Pure Speculation, fact is dont know if Cook is a second stringer for his career, a solid starter, or a pro-bowler to early to make judgements as far as i can see looks like we didnt give up much looking at culpepper now...

Quote:
Then you allow our best wideout to become a restricted free agent and the key ingrident for revenge. Which by the way they shoved back in our face by making him a bench warmer.
if your so angry about losing Nate Burelson because the seahawks got mad that we took steve hutchinson than theres something wrong with you because there is a reason he didnt play much this season... and all the while he was sitting on there bench Hutch was earning another ticket to the pro-bowl so i ask who got the better end out of that deal?

Quote:
Then You dismiss the veteren qb for a second year Qb who didnt even play Division one football Because he got beat out by well a thrid string receiver on another NFL team.
I dont see the guy Hines Ward beat out at georgia starting any where in the nfl. I could be wrong but im pretty sure im not.
we didnt dismiss B.Johnson for a second year guy he was a ROOKIE big difference. Also I dont think it was the right move but leaving the B.Johnson in there definatly wasn't going to get us to the playoffs with all the mistakes he was making he looked like a Rookie out there... Also T-jack did play division one foor ball Alabama St. is a division 1 AA school...

Quote:
Then you bring in the next Preist Holmes and he looks more like the Old TIKI Barber if only he wouldnt fumble.
your insanse if you say Chester Taylor looks like the old tiki barber please get your eyes checked, Taylor Fumbled FOUR times this season the old tiki barber averaged 9 fumbles where do you get 9 from four?? ... and i also if i remember Priest holmes did very well for himself in KC until Larry Johnson burst onto the scene

Quote:
Then not only did you not move up in last years draft in the first round to get Young or lienart You wait and move up in the second round and get a guy who got beat out at qb by a freaking wide receiver
thats irrealevant because looking back to last year no one expected us to not have Brad Johnson for 2-4 more years so childress had the luxury to take a pet project and i agree that Jackson was a good choice for the time although i would have liked to see cutler

Quote:
Then as if all this wasnt enough YOU promise us disipline and the only Disipline we saw anyone get happened in a stair way to our free safty that you brought in by a ten dollar hooker
righttttt and this "lack" of discipline is exactly why koren robinson our best receiver/returner was sent packing. And as i remember that same FS Dwight smith was sat out of the season opener for the stairway incident, and smoot saw the most of the discipline which is ultimatly why he isnt here anymore because while he was warming the bench as his punishment, Cedric griffin was out on the feild stealing his job

Quote:
GEE YOUR RIGHT WHY ARENT WE ALL HAPPY SHINY PEOPLE DR PHIL?
No one said you need to be all happy and shiny all im saying is that if you have your head up your ass 24/7 your going to see/smell *****

Last edited by Crazy_Chris : 04-20-2007 at 02:06 AM.